Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2011, 16:06   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Cruze Updates in pipeline: EDIT: Launched with new engine

I feel the Cruze deserves better quality interiors, it's competitors mainly Civic, Laura and Jetta feel much more premium inside. I am not talking about the design or the shape which actually goes well with the aggressive front styling, but the quality of the material used and Fit & Finish.

Chevrolet should also consider more sensible gearing for the Cruze, both the MT and AT come with super tall gearing which is only suited on traffic free expressways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Limiting travel range of the front seats
Just like the Octavia. I hate limited travel range, many folks like me use only the front seats, when in the passenger seat i keep it pushed all the way back.

Quote:
Shorter seat base at the rear (a la Micra) to give the feeling of more legroom
Just like the Indica, all the seats in Indica have a very short base to give it a feeling of space and it works well.

The seat base in Laura's front seats is so long, it is great for tall people but i feel short people might feel uncomfortable.
Old 23rd July 2011, 19:23   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
It is amazing how a car so big from the outside is so small from the inside. The wheelbase is not the culprit I believe it is that lack of head-space that compelled the rear seat to be pushed forward. All in all less headspace, less leg-space.
That's an American speciality :-) Try the Buick LeSabre or Chevy Impala or Pontiac GrandPrix and you'll know what i mean (also the boot space and utility).
Probably, a reason why GM bought DAT ;-) The Cielo was a benchmark in internal cramped space, and outside giant dimensions. Once my friend parked his next to my Lancer, and it was longer - space inside was awful.

Last edited by lancer_rit : 23rd July 2011 at 19:26.
Old 24th July 2011, 10:52   #18
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Read this on Vicky.in; BHP mentioned as 163 bhp.

GM will soon upgrade the cruze which includes mechanical and cosmetic changes. GM cruze will get a new “Z” series engine. The new* 2.0-litre DOHC common-rail diesel engi pumping out 163bhp against the 150bhp from the current engine. GM will also rework the rearseats for better headroom and comfort. Expect the improvement in quality of plastic too. Cruze will also get some exterior treatment to look afresh. The new cruze diesel will be priced higher than the current one. Expect the new ccruze by 2012 auto expo.
Old 24th July 2011, 19:46   #19
anb
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Read this on Vicky.in; BHP mentioned as 163 bhp.

The 163 bhp version showed in paris motor show comes with 6 speed manual transmission.
Old 24th July 2011, 20:44   #20
BHPian

Wow! 163 BHP and more torque. If drivers aren't careful with the clutch, they may launch their cars into trees and buildings with that kind of power.
Cant wait for the team-bhp report on this one. Will be a cracker of a drive!
Old 24th July 2011, 22:31   #21
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitg79 View Post
Wow! 163 BHP and more torque. If drivers aren't careful with the clutch, they may launch their cars into trees and buildings with that kind of power.
You had me in Splits about careless drivers taking the agricultural route. I really appreciate the Chevy India Management to bring their latest global offerings to India.
Old 25th July 2011, 09:12   #22
BHPian

i really hope they (GM) with enhancement on power dont forget the drivability aspect of the car in the city, i am very hopeful they help to control the lag effect a little better.

Best - ML.
Old 25th July 2011, 11:17   #23
Senior - BHPian

The news on TV yesterday said that the increase in bhp from 150 to 163 would be the new feature, apart from increased head-room at the rear.

It said the head-room is less on the LTZ model owing to the sun-roof and the lining below it, and this is where the new Cruze would improve upon.
Old 25th July 2011, 12:44   #24
Senior - BHPian

Folks,

Does anyone know when the new features for the LTZ will be released? A colleague of mine plans to buy a Cruze in September, but wants to know if the new model will be out by then.

Thanks.
Old 26th July 2011, 12:19   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Upgraded Cruze likely to be launched end 2011.

"GM India is planning to launch the Chevrolet Cruze with an upgraded engine later this year. Here’s what you can expect in the new Cruze.
New engine: The new Cruze will be powered by GM’s Z series, 2.0 litre, DOHC, common-rail diesel motor that produces 163 bhp (presently it is 148 bhp) of maximum power and more torque (currently, it is 327 Nm), according to [COLOR=#386990]AutocarIndia[/COLOR]."

Upgraded Chevrolet Cruze, face-lifted Chevrolet Cruze details | DWS Auto India

Cheers!
Old 1st August 2011, 14:22   #26
BHPian

I hope they get rid of the awful JK Vectra OEM tyres to something better.

Looking forward to the ANCC, and thanks for listening Chevy.
Old 2nd August 2011, 01:59   #27
Senior - BHPian

One aspect of the Cruze I don't find anyone mentioning is the floor in the driver's footwell. It seems to be at some odd angle. The pedals' placement too isn't exactly natural to drive. Feels very odd, if you drive it long enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
I feel the Cruze deserves better quality interiors, it's competitors mainly Civic, Laura and Jetta feel much more premium inside. I am not talking about the design or the shape which actually goes well with the aggressive front styling, but the quality of the material used and Fit & Finish.
+1
The Cruze really does lack that quality feel. It is pretty much level with the NFF, which is a segment lower. Even the Old Magnum feels a lot better in terms of finish. They could improve the design too. It is good, but not really up there with the competition.

Quote:
Chevrolet should also consider more sensible gearing for the Cruze, both the MT and AT come with super tall gearing which is only suited on traffic free expressways.
It needs 6 gears, which will take care of city driving, highways and FE.

Quote:
Just like the Octavia. I hate limited travel range, many folks like me use only the front seats, when in the passenger seat i keep it pushed all the way back.
While this does increase the perception of space for many, the taller ones have to suffer the lack of flexibility in space usage. I too hate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
That's an American speciality :-) Try the Buick LeSabre or Chevy Impala or Pontiac GrandPrix and you'll know what i mean (also the boot space and utility).
Probably, a reason why GM bought DAT ;-) The Cielo was a benchmark in internal cramped space, and outside giant dimensions. Once my friend parked his next to my Lancer, and it was longer - space inside was awful.
American speciality!
More seriously and to be fair, Daewoo, they did come out with the Matiz, which was brilliant on space management. Spark continued that quality.
The Optra too is pretty good with space - another GM-Daewoo car.
But when handled by GM from scratch, they come out with Cruze! A step back from space management from the Otpra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post

The 163 bhp version showed in paris motor show comes with 6 speed manual transmission.
Aah! Just what one wanted to hear. Hope they get the same to India as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoringlover View Post
i really hope they (GM) with enhancement on power dont forget the drivability aspect of the car in the city, i am very hopeful they help to control the lag effect a little better.
The post BS4 Optra Magnum is supposed to drive much better than the initial Optra Magnums, especially wrt turbo-lag. They did something to the ECU and the exhaust, IIRC. Hope and expect GM would be able to manage to tame the turbo-lag on this one too.

Last edited by Poitive : 2nd August 2011 at 02:03. Reason: minor improvements
Old 5th August 2011, 22:45   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
American speciality!
More seriously and to be fair, Daewoo, they did come out with the Matiz, which was brilliant on space management. Spark continued that quality.
The Optra too is pretty good with space - another GM-Daewoo car.
But when handled by GM from scratch, they come out with Cruze! A step back from space management from the Otpra.
I know about the space in Matiz - we have one for 12 years now! Very few rival cars can match that space - none which can while looking good at it. Just today I drove my dad's car and was wondering at the rear legspace :-)
But the Cielo existed before the Matiz (in India atleast), and that was plain horrible. You're right about Optra. IMO, its a better car than Cruze in many aspects leaving aside the engine and some features etc ..
Old 5th August 2011, 23:04   #29
BHPian

Oh boy oh boy oh boy, the new cruze!!
The looks of the car attract me towards it so much that I can forgive the small issues like interior plastic etc discussed here.
The shell of current version is like a raging bull ! I hope they don't mess with it.
P.S. Matiz, the bug eyed car, what a cute thing and ya plenty of space too as pointed out.
Old 15th September 2011, 00:06   #30

Not sure if it's website error or points towards things to come but this is a screenshot of the Chevrolet India website as on 14th September. This is the first time I saw this.

Cruze Updates in pipeline: EDIT: Launched with new engine-untitled.png
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks