Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2012, 21:32   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Is this the Chevrolet's New face-lifted CRUZE !

Apart from the changed grill I don't see anything else. Or is there? I don't think anymore power is required here. What they need to do is address the shortcomings of the current model than just doing cosmetic changes. Maybe a public opinion will help them!
Old 1st January 2012, 21:33   #47
BHPian

It was rumored to be in the GM line-up at the Delhi Auto-Expo 2012. However in one of the recent articles by ACI: Chevrolet's six-expo stars, They have not made a mention of the upgraded cruze to be a part of the line-up.

Rumored list of upgrades includes the new Z-series 2.0 VCDi (163bhp) engine. Chevrolet will be redesigning the rear seat to improve headroom.

Lets just wait and watch, Hoping we see this launch at the Expo.
Old 1st January 2012, 21:45   #48
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Cruze is a very attractive car. The facelift does not make it look better.

I wish Chevy gets the new upgraded engine, better interiors (please keep it black only) and program it to deliver better driveability in the city.
Old 1st January 2012, 23:09   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n:CorE View Post
Rumored list of upgrades includes the new Z-series 2.0 VCDi (163bhp) engine. Chevrolet will be redesigning the rear seat to improve headroom.
Currently Cruze & Captiva shares the same 2.0L engine. Since we heard that the Captiva will come with a new 2.2L engine, can we expect the same in Cruze as well ? As far as I recollect, the 2.2L engine produces 163 & 184 bhp respectively. In Cruze as well, we are expecting a bump up to 163 bhp - so its the new 2.2L engine ?
Old 2nd January 2012, 00:07   #50
BHPian

I still prefer the mesh grill to this, the front bumper does look better but the fog-lamp design looks a bit overdone. Hope it gets more up-market interior, a redesigned rear seat for more comfort.
Old 2nd January 2012, 09:18   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y@SH View Post
I still prefer the mesh grill to this, the front bumper does look better but the fog-lamp design looks a bit overdone. Hope it gets more up-market interior, a redesigned rear seat for more comfort.
I agree with you about the grille, the current one looks much better and for those who like to replace it by the chrome grille, the mesh one would be ideal.

IMO, cruze still looks smashing, why touch something which needs no fix? Though, improving the quality of interiors would be welcome and 163bhp engine would be killer! Would like to see rear a/c vents.
Old 2nd January 2012, 11:41   #52
BHPian

Re: Is this Chevrolet's New face-lifted CRUZE?

How i wish they sort out the suspension and interiors first rather than making stupid changes in the name of facelift.
Get more safety features like EBD and ESP in, Surely it will be an added bonus. Engine is pretty decent for highway runs. so prefer safety rather than more power
Old 2nd January 2012, 11:49   #53
BHPian

Rear seats have always been an issue with this car. I have always loved its looks and the way it goes was also quite good. However the issue with this car is that a lot of people in this segment are chauffeur driven they would unfortunately not be that comfortable. Its a case where the owner would not be that happy but the chauffeur would be one happy chap.
Old 2nd January 2012, 11:53   #54
Senior - BHPian

Looks like one. Hope they have improved headroom at the back.

By the way, anyone with concrete information on the launch of the facelifted model?
Old 2nd January 2012, 12:24   #55
BHPian

Crazy, mish-mash of lines in that bumper. I just didn't like lines criss-crossing between bumper, HL and grill. But I liked the WV-ish drag coefficient enhancer (hope that is what it will do)!

And a 2.2 L engine?

BH.

Last edited by BurningHeart : 2nd January 2012 at 12:26.
Old 2nd January 2012, 12:39   #56
Senior - BHPian

The looks and interiors etc were fine so i think they would have just improved rather than making any significant change but the 2.2 L VCDI - 163 bhp and 184 bhp - wow.

Even if gets 163 bhp and the company is able to work out some solution for the turbo lag and reduce it to some extent, work on that clutch then am sure it would be one heck of a car to drive in city as well as the highways where it already is a star performer.

184 bhp, oodles of torque, revamped clutch - am dreaming
Old 2nd January 2012, 15:02   #57
Senior - BHPian

It looks a little subdued now. I think the honeycomb mesh grill was more aggressive.

The interiors IMHO will remain unchanged. They will add some features like Bluetooth Telephony and Electric Seats for the Driver. Interior quality upgrade is doubtful as they need to keep the price at similar levels and for the equipment they offer it is a pretty damn good interior.

The VW Jetta Highline at 3 Lakhs more doesn't offer Sunroof, Start/Stop, Bluetooth telephony and Climate Control. What it does offer is a decent quality interior and better dynamics.
Old 3rd January 2012, 01:21   #58

It is nice that most of us agree that there issues with some of the basic things with this gem of a car.

-Turbo lag: On paper the figures and the specifications of the current Cruze are unparalleled, especially considering the pricing. However in the real world conditions the flawed programming and 'belated' response thanks to the irritating turbo lag, while driving in the city all that power and torque often come too late. So the simple solution would be, to either ditch the current engine which was originally sourced from an Italian firm and provide the new engine designed by the Koreans Or do what is necessary to overcome the visible flaws with the otherwise absolutely exciting current engine. A refined gear box would also help.

-interiors: Scrapping the idea of a sun/moon roof and providing better interiors including one-touch power windows, better entertainment module would go a long way in improving its already established image as a value-for-money product.
Also if the dash board is pushed backwards not only would it create a more soothing environment and create space for free movement of arms in the front, but also make it possible for placement of the gear shift knob at a more convenient place.
The thuds and bumps are also a thing of concern especially when the Cruze crashes into potholes.

-Noise insulation: I personally feel the noise insulation can be much better.

So at that price even if the sun/moon roof goes away and the seats are not electronically controlled in the LTZ, plush interiors, entertainment console which is in tune with the times, and ESP, EBD, Traction Control system would be appropriate and legitimate expectations of fans and prospective buyers of the next version of the Cruze.
In my opinion.
Old 3rd January 2012, 11:13   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
It looks a little subdued now. I think the honeycomb mesh grill was more aggressive.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!

I understand that its time to bring in refresh model but what CHEVY has done to its grill is just horrendous!

Absolutely dislike the front cluster.

We all expected an upgrade on the ~2L engine and considering its a full spec's upgrade we should see the much discussed 2.2L engine.

Cheers!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 31st January 2012 at 09:29. Reason: added quote tags :)
Old 19th January 2012, 21:41   #60
BHPian

I feel the old-gen Cruzes will be much sought after for their 'better' looks.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks