Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2012, 10:34   #76
BHPian

re: Cruze Updates in pipeline: EDIT: Launched with new engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freewheelin_KD View Post
Guys, look what i spotted yesterday on the NH8 while coming to Mumbai. Looks like the all new Chevrolet Cruze. I had to literally rev the pants of my swift to keep up with her. It was the top of the line LTZ AT.
Great catch, Freewheelin! This certainly looks like the updated Cruze. Looks mean with those LED DRLs.
Going by the lack of camouflage, the launch may not be very far.
With even more power and torque, the performance must be staggering.
Old 5th March 2012, 10:56   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, look what i spotted...

...Await your comments and also confirmations that it is indeed the 2012 Chevrolet Cruze.
Looks like you have caught a modified Cruze! The new Mercedes E Class-ish tail lamps and the A8-ish head lamps are easily available mods for the current Cruze actually. No wonder, you found the interiors to be very similar to the current car!
And yes, the owner of the car, if he visits this thread, would be one proud Cruze owner !

Note From Team-BHP Support Team: Please avoid quoting entire posts as it may inconvenience small-screen/mobile users. Thank you!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 6th April 2012 at 15:18. Reason: See note in post :)
Old 5th March 2012, 10:57   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, look what i spotted yesterday on the NH8 while coming to Mumbai. Looks like the all new Chevrolet Cruze. I had to literally rev the pants of my swift to keep up with her. It was the top of the line LTZ AT.
That is not the facelifted Cruze. Its the existing one with after market headlights and tail lamp. One bhpian has already fitted those in his Cruze. The same was showcased in the 2012 Auto Expo too.
Old 5th March 2012, 11:26   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
That is not the facelifted Cruze. Its the existing one with after market headlights and tail lamp. One bhpian has already fitted those in his Cruze. The same was showcased in the 2012 Auto Expo too.
Which means that those mods are then available at the dealer itself as the car wasn't registered. I myself had a little doubt that this might be the case as the alloys were the same old design but thought otherwise and posted it so others can clarify. It's the first time I am seeing those on the road. My sincere apologies.
Old 12th March 2012, 13:32   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
They havent updated their site since the last refresh of Cruze.
The "new" refers to the upgrade around April/June last year. There were some cosmetic changes (the old LT became closer to the old LTZ).

I was interested in LED headlights and fog lamps too, but after discussing with my dealer, we concluded that we will wait for the new Cruze to be launched (expected sometime this June). It's accessories/replacements will consist of the parts we want to install in our car. This way, the replacements will all be sourced from GM and will have been tested with the Cruze. They will be covered under warranty of some kind.

Oh, and according to the information I have, the engine isn't likely to be changed. Cosmetic changes have been made to the grill, and possibly to the rear seat incline, apart from the headlights and the music system (all those fancy monograms and speakers). Maybe they reduced the lag, who knows.

Last edited by darthvader : 12th March 2012 at 13:44.
Old 12th March 2012, 14:01   #81
anb
BHPian

Quote:
Await your comments and also confirmations that it is indeed the 2012 Chevrolet Cruze.
This is not a facelifted cruze. It's a cruze with after market head lights and tail lights. These lights can be purchased for Rupess 50-55K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabash View Post
Also with the new Engine, i.e. 2.2 ltr if I am not wrong, is going to be great.
If there is an engine change, it will be 1998cc, 163bhp engine. Not the 2.2L engine.
anb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2012, 14:39   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n:CorE View Post
March 6th, it would be the revealed at the Geneva Motor Show, wonder how much longer will we have to wait for it to hit the Indian shores. Nonetheless, waiting for the 6th for the complete detailed pictures of the interiors and more on when it could be expected to hit our shores. I really would want to test-drive this beast especially if the India is treated with the 163bhp. I need a replacement for my Civic, looking around now.

Regards
Any news on the unveiling at the Geneva Motor show , was to be done on 6th Mar'12
Old 13th March 2012, 12:29   #83

Checked with Trident GM, they expect the launch of the face lifted cruze by July. The salesman told me that the only major change would be the change in the bhp - from 150 to 163 bhp
Old 13th March 2012, 12:54   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

No Cruze facelift planned for India now!

"General Motors was a in a consolidation phase in 2011 and hence did not launch any new models in the last year. The company only launched a few variants of its existing lineup to keep the sales trickling in. However, because of no new launches the company saw a flat growth for the year 2011. General Motors India sold 111,150 cars in 2011, a mere 345-unit growth over the 110,805 units sold the previous year. The American automaker is determined to change all of that in the current year. The company has aggressive plans for the year 2012 which includes 3 new products and 2 refreshes."

Last edited by volkman10 : 13th March 2012 at 12:56.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2012, 13:42   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
No Cruze facelift planned for India now!

"General Motors was a in a consolidation phase in 2011 and hence did not launch any new models in the last year. The company only launched a few variants of its existing lineup to keep the sales trickling in. However, because of no new launches the company saw a flat growth for the year 2011. General Motors India sold 111,150 cars in 2011, a mere 345-unit growth over the 110,805 units sold the previous year. The American automaker is determined to change all of that in the current year. The company has aggressive plans for the year 2012 which includes 3 new products and 2 refreshes."
I had gone with a friend of mine to the Chevy service center to take delivery of my friend's car and was talking to one of the mechanics there. He said that Chevy is planning on launching the Sail before June. What he seemed most excited was that after the Sail launch, Chevy is bringing back the SRV, and that too a sports version. He seemed too excited to write this off as a rumor. But there has been no news about the SRV on the media so far. So keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 5th April 2012, 18:59   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
What Cruze needs is

A petrol option thats 1 lac cheaper
Beige Interior option
Xenon headlamps
Fix the crappy A/T in the diesel

I dont see how you can liberate more legroom in the back without changing the chassis.
can you please elaborate on the AT of cruze a little more please. is it that bad? i am seriously considering this option so...

and does anyone have any idea about the new updated 2012 cruze? when is it expected?

Last edited by magikrider : 5th April 2012 at 19:00.
Old 6th April 2012, 01:40   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
can you please elaborate on the AT of cruze a little more please. is it that bad? i am seriously considering this option so...

and does anyone have any idea about the new updated 2012 cruze? when is it expected?
I just got the delivery of my Cruze A/T on 29th March and trust me it's no slouch. It may just be a basic 6-speed box unlike the dual-clutch set up, but trust me it can really put up with the power and performance on tap just fine.

Yes the kick down time is noticeable and so are the gear changes at some instances, and the shifts arent lightning quick as a DSG, but the way to extract performance out an A/T car is always having a relatively light foot and not red-lining. Going a bit OT here, Trust me we have been having A/T cars in the household since the early 2000's (full import). There is way to drive A/T's, an enthusiastic stick-shift fanatic would be disappointed if he tries to stomp the gas pedal in expectation of a full-power packed performance.

I am immensely happy with the auto-box on the Cruze. As for the updates, no concrete reports have emerged as yet, so I decided to go for the on-going model.

Will post an ownership report soon.

@magikrider .. I highly recommend it. It's a very VFM buy, the segment competitors in A/T spec are just the Laura & the Jetta and both are a good 2L dearer, advantage of the DSG yes, but in terms of equipment, the Cruze wins hands down.
n:CorE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2012, 08:44   #88
BHPian

Apparently, according to the senior sales guy I interacted with at Trident hyundai, GM is going to launch the facelifted cruze sometime after August. And its going to get the 2.2L of the captiva. The current 2L engine is also going to be sold alongside. So basically there will be 2 engine options and he also mentioned he has seen the new cruze when he had gone for a training.
Old 6th April 2012, 09:27   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
Apparently, according to the senior sales guy I interacted with at Trident hyundai, GM is going to launch the facelifted cruze sometime after August. And its going to get the 2.2L of the captiva. The current 2L engine is also going to be sold alongside. So basically there will be 2 engine options and he also mentioned he has seen the new cruze when he had gone for a training.

I dont really believe what the senior sales guy had to say to you. Why on earth would Chevy have a 2.0 and a 2.2 on offer on the Cruze ?? I think they are just going to upgrade the engine and do away with the 2.0. The August launch although is likely. Chevy may be waiting for the new Elantra to be launched before they launch the facelifted cruze.
Old 6th April 2012, 15:06   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
I dont really believe what the senior sales guy had to say to you. Why on earth would Chevy have a 2.0 and a 2.2 on offer on the Cruze ?? I think they are just going to upgrade the engine and do away with the 2.0. The August launch although is likely. Chevy may be waiting for the new Elantra to be launched before they launch the facelifted cruze.
Yeah I too believe he was saying it to make me buy the car. Is there any idea on when the elantra would be launched? Have read reviews which said its handling is pretty good and is the best handling hyundai.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks