Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2011, 13:20   #16
BHPian

Re: Autocar India scoop: 2012 Honda City Facelift pics

If the prices mentioned below are true, I am quite happy with this deal. But I was seriously hoping for ACC and auto fold ORVM to be in this new package. These are such basic requirments that are used everyday.
Old 14th December 2011, 13:23   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Somehow the new City looks "masculine" !! An angry face ! But I guess they are pretty much within most of the people's guesses that it will not get many new features. One thing I still don't understand is "why don't they provide Auto AC in their City line up?!
Old 14th December 2011, 13:27   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post

That's what photo-editing can do these days! *winks*
LOL.

To be honest the overall facelift 'indeed' looks like a Photoshop editing.

I just observed that the 'S' Variant now comes with 5 spoke alloy wheel.

PS - The front grill looks is little Accordish!

Can anyone confirm if the ORVM are auto folding or not?

Last edited by bluevolt : 14th December 2011 at 13:28.
Old 14th December 2011, 13:50   #19
BHPian

re: 2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11

Here are the prices of the Honda City facelift:

Corporate - Rs 6.99 lakh

City E - Rs 7.7 lakh

City S - Rs 8.2 lakh

City V (Manual) - Rs 8.7 lakh

City V (Auto) - Rs 9.74 lakh

City V (Manual) with Sunroof - Rs 9.5 lakh

City V (Automatic) with Sunroof - Rs 10.22 lakh

Source - Autocar India

I find it completely pointless to put cruise control and not automatic climate control. What were the guys thinking? Does anyone have a picture of the rear? I am curious to see how that looks. The front changes however are minor and not much of a 'facelift' IMO.
Old 14th December 2011, 14:00   #20
Senior - BHPian

As far as pricing is concerned i think its spot on. Honda makes best petrol engines its just sheer bad luck on their part that petrol is priced same as gold in this country (financially making sense to move to diesel). I am not too happy with the looks though.

Please launch the new Civic/Accord/CRV with same aggressive pricing and Diesel heart see sales figures soaring again.
Old 14th December 2011, 14:06   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak77 View Post
Does anyone have a picture of the rear? I am curious to see how that looks. The front changes however are minor and not much of a 'facelift' IMO.
Please check post # 10 of this thread.

Price list from official Honda facebook page.

2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11-385502_306135879408425_144008698954478_1032436_745631842_n.jpg
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2011, 14:28   #22
Senior - BHPian

We all know what Honda is been going through past few months, and they must be doing extensive study and R & D, etc. But can anyone explain that what purpose Cruise control will serve in Indian conditions.

Why we always get this feeling of "Something is missing" or "No Car is perfect or complete" or "Could've been better" with every car launch.

If you look at this launch, apart from ACC, everything else has been taken care of, Cruise control has come like an unexpected bonus but people are complaining it for being of not much use. So requesting fellow T-Bhpian to please enlighten us about cost to Honda for providing ACC vis-a-vis Climate control.

Or is it due to the fact that Cruise control is being provided in only top variant (V) while ACC, if provided, to be provided in all models. But we have examples of Manual AC controls in lower and ACC in high-end models. IIRC Maruti did that in Swift ZXi. Infact, if they did differentiated like that, they would've sold more of top variant and earned some premium.

So my conclusion is that Honda "will" give this feature (ACC) in soon-to-be-launched Civic and had they given this feature in facelifted City, it would've definitely eaten the potential sales of Civic.

Last edited by carwatcher : 14th December 2011 at 14:38.
Old 14th December 2011, 14:28   #23
BHPian

Except for the Cruise Control in the V variant, rest is all a hogwash. Where is the Automatic Climate Control? Where are the rear disc brakes? Tyres still 175 section, the new Ford Fiesta and even the Grande Punto have 195 section tyres. Just pasting little chrome bits here and there is not an upgrade, Honda. If you market it as a "Premium Sedan", then at least give it all the premium features.
rednikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2011, 14:42   #24
Senior - BHPian

Looks like an after market, pimp my ride job. The ANHC without the facelift looked classy and understated, in my opinion.
StarScream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2011, 14:44   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
So my conclusion is that Honda "will" give this feature (ACC) in soon-to-be-launched Civic and had they given this feature in facelifted City, it would've definitely eaten the potential sales of Civic.
What?? The existing Civic does not have ACC?!
I need to go next door to meet that SA and drill some sense into his head.
Well, I might as well have some fun trying to get that 'manager' to convince me whats different in the new 'new City'

Jokes apart, I dont see why I would go for this City if I didnt buy one earlier. After all before launching a facelift, their target would be convert prospects, correct? I dont see how this facelift is going to help.
As already mentioned, time to get a diesel mill or work on optimal pricing. learn your lessons across models, Honda!

Last edited by selfdrive : 14th December 2011 at 14:46.
Old 14th December 2011, 14:47   #26
Team-BHP Support

They should have done something about the radio antenna too; the current ones get unscrewed and stolen easily!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Somehow the new City looks "masculine" !! An angry face !
And that is where they lost me. The 2008 City had amazing elegance in its looks; the front of this one just doesn't seem to have that grace.

Quote:
Why we always get this feeling of "Something is missing" or "No Car is perfect or complete" or "Could've been better" with every car launch.

Or is it due to the fact that Cruise control is being provided in only top variant (V) while ACC, if provided, to be provided in all models. But we have examples of Manual AC controls in lower and ACC in high-end models. IIRC Maruti did that in Swift ZXi. Infact, if they did differentiated like that, they would've sold more of top variant and earned some premium.
That's Honda's arrogance for you. Forget ACC for City, Civic did not have steering-mounted controls until the recent face-lift; that is something the 2008 City had SMT onwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Jokes apart, I dont see why I would go for this City if I didnt buy one earlier. After all before launching a facelift, their target would be convert prospects, correct? I dont see how this facelift is going to help.
Very well said.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 14th December 2011 at 14:48.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2011, 15:00   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I was really restless after booking an S-MT earlier, wondering whether the new facelift would include a massive price-cut. Really happy to see that I got my car at a steal. Nothing compelling in the new car to force a rethink of my decision to stick with the outgoing model.
vinod332002 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2011, 15:01   #28
BHPian

is ACC practical for city usage, where the customers would drive the cars majority of the time?

as far as I have experienced ACC, it alternates between Circulation and Fresh Air modes to maintain the internal temperature at a preset degree. This would mean that in the fresh air modes the fumes from the traffic outside would be drawn inside the car.

I think ACC (like cruise control) is a fancy gadget which is only useful on highways.

Other than this I think this City is perfect, price and value wise. If only the fuel costs were manageable...
Old 14th December 2011, 15:04   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The current gen Civic comes with auto air conditioning -
Honda Car India :: Civic

ACC is avoided for the sake of cost cutting. They could also have up sized the tyre to atleast 195 or so.

Though I don't understand much about the benefits of ACC but it would have added a luxury touch to the City.
Old 14th December 2011, 15:15   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
is ACC practical for city usage, where the customers would drive the cars majority of the time?

as far as I have experienced ACC, it alternates between Circulation and Fresh Air modes to maintain the internal temperature at a preset degree. This would mean that in the fresh air modes the fumes from the traffic outside would be drawn inside the car.

I think ACC (like cruise control) is a fancy gadget which is only useful on highways.

Other than this I think this City is perfect, price and value wise. If only the fuel costs were manageable...
Nope, ACC doesnt do the switching between circulation and fresh air modes. It just maintains the internal temperature to the values set. It is very useful within the city also as much as it is on highways.
_raVan_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks