Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2011, 15:26   #31
BHPian

Re: Autocar India scoop: 2012 Honda City Facelift pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
if you look at petrol all cars are reported as good but only after Honda City. Even for Rapid - Petrol it was reviewed as good but City is better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
No C Segment "PETROL" sedan can match the Honda City...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
I think this City is perfect, price and value wise. If only the fuel costs were manageable...
+1

I think they have got the pricing part spot on.

The city is an amazing car which provides you a heady combination of excellent performance, amazing space, with an upmarket brand at an exceptional value price point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
Looks like an after market, pimp my ride job. The ANHC without the facelift looked classy and understated...
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
The 2008 City had amazing elegance in its looks; the front of this one just doesn't seem to have that grace.
Exactly my thoughts here.

I like the rear bumper and tail lights, but the new 'aggressive and over stylized chrome grill' and new front bumper somehow just does not gel with the overall stance of the car

Which would you prefer?

2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11-honda-city.jpg
vikash49 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2011, 15:35   #32
Team-BHP Support

re: 2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11

Can someone please find out if the specs of the tail-lamps on the new City are the same as the one on the 2008 version? If yes, my City's getting new tail-lamps soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
is ACC practical for city usage, where the customers would drive the cars majority of the time?

as far as I have experienced ACC, it alternates between Circulation and Fresh Air modes to maintain the internal temperature at a preset degree. This would mean that in the fresh air modes the fumes from the traffic outside would be drawn inside the car.

I think ACC (like cruise control) is a fancy gadget which is only useful on highways.

Other than this I think this City is perfect, price and value wise. If only the fuel costs were manageable...
Oh no no; I think you're confusing ACC with cruise-control.

ACC just ensures the cabin temp. inside the car is maintained at the temp. you are comfortable at. You don't have to keep increasing/decreasing the temp. or increasing/lowering the fan speed just because you start feeling too cold/warm.

Beautiful feature, I must say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
I like the rear bumper and tail lights, but the new 'aggressive and over stylized chrome grill' and new front bumper somehow just does not gel with the overall stance of the car

Which would you prefer?
Needless to say, the 2008 one
Old 14th December 2011, 15:36   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Nope, ACC doesnt do the switching between circulation and fresh air modes. It just maintains the internal temperature to the values set. It is very useful within the city also as much as it is on highways.
but I have seen it happen in the Linea. the circulation modes change by themselves and the technician said that it was a part of the process of maintaining the desired temperature.

I think another user NoRules has also seen it happen in his new Magnum.

Anyone here can throw some light on how the ACC works?
Old 14th December 2011, 15:39   #34
BHPian

I don't see why I would go with this one.

Also, this image should have read 'Rear Bumpers with Parking Sensors'.
2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11-imgrearbumper.jpg

Last edited by driveanddrive : 14th December 2011 at 15:42.
Old 14th December 2011, 15:42   #35
Senior - BHPian

The City has terrific mileage because of its lousy stock tyres, upgrade them and the mileage is average not exceptional. The refinement is simply outstanding, even if you are driving another petrol car.

This facelift should lead the Disappointments of the year contenders. ACC , an improved audio and auto fold mirrors would have been really useful features, this is a bad PS job that made it to the shopfloor.
Old 14th December 2011, 15:46   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveanddrive View Post
I don't see why I would go with this one.

Also, this image should have read 'Rear Bumpers with Parking Sensors'.
Why? There are no parking sensors; there never were on any variant of the City.

The Reflectors are just glass.
Old 14th December 2011, 15:46   #37
BHPian

Honestly doesnt look that great. Pricing remains a concern. and as others mentioned ACC would have been better deal than cruise control. Aren't they flaunting sunroof too much? Are the Indian customers to obsessed with sunroof and cruise control like useless features(In Indian context)?
Old 14th December 2011, 15:51   #38
BHPian

I hope Honda is willing to offer customers a front grill downgrade to the pre-FL city, certainly looks much more impressive, classy and appealing. I think they are trying to get away with a short cut in the name of just a face lift.
Old 14th December 2011, 15:52   #39
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
+1

Which would you prefer?

Attachment 856011
Even I prefer the 2008 front look.

The press-note is really funny. The sheer no. of times these guys have mentioned "premiumness", indicate how desparate they are to position City as a premium car. Hope they have learnt their lesson from the series of price corrections and are still not planning to play the "we are a premium brand" card.
Old 14th December 2011, 15:55   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post

This facelift should lead the Disappointments of the year contenders. ACC , an improved audio and auto fold mirrors would have been really useful features,
I guess the Honda City has best in class audio system. The only issue is the absence of CD player which is not concern for many including me.

And yes, Honda could have provided ACC (at least on top variant) to calm down it's criticizers.

PS - As a 2010 Honda City owner I will prefer the previous design much better as it looks much elegant and sober.
Old 14th December 2011, 15:57   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
The City has terrific mileage because of its lousy stock tyres, upgrade them and the mileage is average not exceptional. The refinement is simply outstanding, even if you are driving another petrol car.
The difference between a Honda City with stock wheels/tyres isn't much when compared to a City with up-sized wheels.

Firstly, it depends on how big the up-size is.

And secondly, even if it's up-sized, the difference will never be more than 1 km. Tyres do make a difference and they do affect fuel-efficiency, albeit, negligibly. So there can never be a change from exceptional-mileage to average-mileage after a simple tyre up-size/up-grade.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 14th December 2011 at 15:58.
Old 14th December 2011, 16:02   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I guess the Honda City has best in class audio system. The only issue is the absence of CD player which is not concern for many including me.

And yes, Honda could have provided ACC (at least on top variant) to calm down it's criticizers.

PS - As a 2010 Honda City owner I will prefer the previous design much better as it looks much elegant and sober.
I should have written improved audio interface, the current one wasn't very appealing, something like 3 lines of display would have sold more cars than all the standard safety gear. Now that we are getting a new Fiesta D at home, I am going to take the liberty of trashing this FL. An ACC is a must, the current dials make every other manual AC look good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
The difference between a Honda City with stock wheels/tyres isn't much when compared to a City with up-sized wheels.

Firstly, it depends on how big the up-size is.

And secondly, even if it's up-sized, the difference will never be more than 1 km. Tyres do make a difference and they do affect fuel-efficiency, albeit, negligibly. So there can never be a change from exceptional-mileage to average-mileage after a simple tyre up-size/up-grade.
How about an upgrade to 205/50/R16 on a City, the mileage will be affected (not marginal)but is gives you a lot of confidence in every other way, and the error is only .5%. I don't buy the argument that mileage is affected negligibly with wider tyres, stock Fiesta tyres were MRFs and the mileage was awesome, once we upsized to 195 section Potenza/Assurance, there was an immediate 2 kmpl drop . Tyre upgrades are a must if you have lousy, mileage-oriented stock tyres, one accident vaporizes all that fuel economy savings. Now we are

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 30 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 14th December 2011 at 16:42.
Old 14th December 2011, 16:21   #43
BHPian

Any Honda City owners here looking for "Trade In" ?
Old 14th December 2011, 16:26   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

The corporate edition seems VFM, it has all the safety features. That said, Honda could have done better with a 50k lesser price tag IMO. In such a case, City could have fought well in this diesel dominated car industry.

Overall,the car looks more sporty and appealing.
Old 14th December 2011, 16:26   #45
BHPian

Quote:
+1

Which would you prefer?

Attachment 856011
I prefer the old, without any doubt.
To use a word commonly used in the 4x4 section, the new city has a lot of unwanted 'bling'
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks