Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2011, 19:49   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi

The reasons I chose the CE were many -

Congratulations Avi!
I too have have booked CE Silver at Courtsey for more or less the same reasons.

If you are in NCR we could tie up for scouting for add-ONS
My list:
- 195 profile Michelins
- alloys
- ICE
- key less

And I LOVE black interiors.
nitin.rai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2011, 20:48   #182
BHPian

Re: 2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post
And on further review what you notice is:

- The 2012 EMT in fact can be compared to the earlier SMT (except steering mounted control, seat height adjuster) and similarly the 2012 corporate edition can be compared to the earlier EMT.
The 2012 EMT does not have keyless entry. I think you missed that.
bangaloreguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2011, 20:59   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
To replace tail-lamps, you have to change the entire cluster anyway, right?

I think the entire unit is one piece - not like the glass area being a separate part and the rest another.
The tail lamp unit comes as single unit and its price is around 3K. I got mine replaced when it was cracked just after two months of car purchase.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2011, 22:17   #184
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
2) can the sun-roof be completely retracted

This is just curiousity
Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I think so, atleast thats what I gathered from the 360 view in the Honda website yesterday.
DWS Auto has a video review of the new refreshed City facelift AT version, which shows the sunroof in action:

Check the part between 01:25 and 01:35.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2011, 00:10   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
I have opted for Alabaster Silver Metallic. The CE comes with only two color options - that and Tafeta White.
Really? Will the CE variant only be available in these two colours? I thought only VW did this with their variants! I would've loved the CE variant in Urban Titanium.

On a separate note, RavenAvi; you have chosen the CE variant for all the right reasons. It truly does seem very VFM.

Now will all these after market fitments that you have planned not void the warranty of the car?

Also, what is a caska unit? Pardon my ignorance here
Old 23rd December 2011, 11:20   #186
Senior - BHPian

Don't like that gaudy chrome grille one bit. But it can be changed with ease.

So, I love the idea of the new 1.5 Corporate. A 1.5L Honda City with black interiors and all the safety kit for 7L. Superb!

One of the biggest positive outcome of differential fuel pricing in our country.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2011, 12:50   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidoza View Post

The facelift now has a GC of 165 mm. And I am sure the 5 mm will certainly make a difference.
Guys, can anyone throw some lights if the 5 mm increase in GC of the facelifted City can be be done pn pre-facelifted City by the service centre?

Cheers
Pratim
Old 23rd December 2011, 13:48   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei View Post
Really? Will the CE variant only be available in these two colours? I thought only VW did this with their variants! I would've loved the CE variant in Urban Titanium.

On a separate note, RavenAvi; you have chosen the CE variant for all the right reasons. It truly does seem very VFM.

Now will all these after market fitments that you have planned not void the warranty of the car?

Caska is a head unit brand, which typically is a touch screen multimedia system with all goodies built in, including GPS.
When I purchased my city a month back, I got the feeling that my dealer was not to touchy about the warranty if fit aftermarket fitments, but its just the impression I got.
Old 24th December 2011, 10:32   #189
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
To replace tail-lamps, you have to change the entire cluster anyway, right?

I think the entire unit is one piece - not like the glass area being a separate part and the rest another.

As for the new one having 2 white bulbs, I hope the guys at Honda A.S.S. will make 2 connections.
Initially I thought that too, but as clarified by Bluevolt's post (and a short call to the dealer), the tail lamp is indeed one entire piece.

The new one has 2 white LEDs on either tail lamp, which slant across the lamps. It should look fantastic during night time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.rai View Post
Congratulations Avi!
I too have have booked CE Silver at Courtsey for more or less the same reasons.

If you are in NCR we could tie up for scouting for add-ONS
My list:
- 195 profile Michelins
- alloys
- ICE
- key less

And I LOVE black interiors.
Congrats and welcome to the club, my friend.

Alas, I am in CG, buddy. Good luck hunting for your accessories.

I am thinking of insisting for Michelin tyres defacto, and get everything else fitted from outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
The tail lamp unit comes as single unit and its price is around 3K. I got mine replaced when it was cracked just after two months of car purchase.
Thanks for clarifying, bluevolt.

Cracked after two months? Miscreants or rear-ended? And did you have to buy the pair of them or a single tail lamp unit can be bought separately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei View Post

Yes, the Corporate Edition will come in only two colors - Tafeta White & Alabaster Silver Metallic. I also thought that black interiors would gel well with the UT color, but that is not an option.

Thanks. After-market fitments shouldn't void the warranty, as long as no original wires are cut. The Caska fitting (alongwith it's reverse camera) is a clean install, plus the Corporate Edition will come with internal wiring for the HU and the speakers. All you have to do is get a HU and speakers of your choice.

For all details about Caska units - Caska

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Don't like that gaudy chrome grille one bit. But it can be changed with ease.

So, I love the idea of the new 1.5 Corporate. A 1.5L Honda City with black interiors and all the safety kit for 7L. Superb!

One of the biggest positive outcome of differential fuel pricing in our country.
I think it looks quite nice. It adds a lot of aggressiveness to the City's front, which looks imposing. But yes, during the daytime it will look like chrome overkill.

Two of the biggest reasons to go for the CE - all-black interiors and the full safety kit. All the stuff available in the higher variants (E, S, V) can be fitted from outside. Hats off to Honda for this fantastic move.

I dare say the City Corporate Edition is the best VFM C-segment sedan we have in the country right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratim View Post
Guys, can anyone throw some lights if the 5 mm increase in GC of the facelifted City can be be done pn pre-facelifted City by the service centre?

Cheers
Pratim
If they can tweak the suspension to make it a bit stiffer in the service centers, then they can certainly add the 5mm difference. But I haven't heard from anyone who has done this in the pre-facelift City yet. So maybe it is not possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod332002 View Post
Caska is a head unit brand, which typically is a touch screen multimedia system with all goodies built in, including GPS.
When I purchased my city a month back, I got the feeling that my dealer was not to touchy about the warranty if fit aftermarket fitments, but its just the impression I got.
Same with my dealer. He's okay with all the stuff I fit in my City, as long as the original wiring, plastics, etc. are left untouched. Compare this to VW who don't let you add even a nail to their cars without talk of voiding warrantys. Honda is certainly customer-friendly in this aspect.
Old 24th December 2011, 10:35   #190
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
And did you have to buy the pair of them or a single tail lamp unit can be bought separately?
A single tail-lamp can be bought - imagine if Honda sold everything in pairs as they do in case of fog lamps!
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2011, 11:21   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Two of the biggest reasons to go for the CE - all-black interiors and the full safety kit. All the stuff available in the higher variants (E, S, V) can be fitted from outside. Hats off to Honda for this fantastic move.

I dare say the City Corporate Edition is the best VFM C-segment sedan we have in the country right now.
The City CE does NOT have Airbags & ABS, so IMO its still better to opt for the E Variant & bargain with the dealer for discounts. My two cents.

EDIT

Oops. My bad. I did not check. The CE has ABS & Airbags & i agree that its the best VFM Sedan available today.

Last edited by anilkalvani : 24th December 2011 at 11:26. Reason: OOPS
Old 24th December 2011, 11:23   #192
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
The City CE does NOT have Airbags & ABS, so IMO its still better to opt for the E Variant & bargain with the dealer for discounts. My two cents.
ALL the variants of City are similar-featured when it comes to safety.

Check it here : :::Honda City- Features:::
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2011, 11:56   #193
BHPian

Its great to see Honda give safety features even on the corporate edition. But then this has been the case with all the Honda's except the Brio.

Moreover the pricing seems to be good as well . Lets not forget , City is a great sedan and still gets in respectable numbers even after the launch of German rivals. Its a wise move none the less to keep the numbers flowing by launching an upgrade till the diesel is "eventually" launched.

Will the deliveries start in January ?? I am asking this because i saw the new city a couple of days back in dehradun . It wasn't a test drive vehicle because it had all the delivery decoration done on it .
Old 24th December 2011, 11:59   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks for clarifying, bluevolt.

Cracked after two months? Miscreants or rear-ended? And did you have to buy the pair of them or a single tail lamp unit can be bought separately?
It was cracked due to our house's main gate hitting the tail lamp by our guard while reversing the car out of the house.

And yes they can be bought separately.

PS - on a lighter note imagine if Honda sold even cars in pairs like you can only buy two Honda Cities, Civics and so on
Old 24th December 2011, 17:51   #195
PhX
BHPian

I just went to Apex Honda in Santa Cruz today. They had the new V-MT on display in the new red colour. Some thoughts (I might be echoing some opinions which others have already written but please bear with me):
  • The new red is very exciting. Very dark, almost like blood. It gives me the feeling that it will last longer than habanero read. Btw, off-topic, but did the Civic ever come in habanero red? Because I saw an old red one, and the fading on the colour did not look at all. I'm guessing it was habanero red ... makes me think it doesn't age properly.
  • Chrome front looks rather bad (IMO).
  • Tail-light size and shape is exactly the same in both editions. But I think the new layout looks a little better. However, at night, not sure how big the lights at the back will be.
  • In the top-end version, there is absolutely nothing that makes a shred of difference at all. They've changed the number of spokes on the alloys, put more chrome in it, and that's pretty much it. I don't remember the price of the old V; does anyone remember, and is it the same?
  • Missed my chance to take a test-drive and see the new blue backlights. Personally, I'm tired of orange and I think blue would look much better, but this is speculation at this point.

By the way, I was told that there is a 2-month waiting period for the new City. :S
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks