Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2012, 22:11   #271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi

Fantastic news! Thanks, nitin.

Did you check if they have given internal wiring for the speakers and the HU?
And how is the quality of the fabrics of the all-black seats?
Btw, my Autoform art leather seat covers arrived yesterday. U-Impress Black/Silver dual tone combo with "City" printed across. I like it - simple yet elegant.
The first Honda City Corporate in Team BHP! Congrats buddy!
Dammit, I hope my CE comes with at least MRFs, although I prefer Michelins. Big NO to Goodyears!
Thanks!
The SA wasn't sure about the wiring thing; they will confirm tomm. Hope they don't rip apart my car to check!
The fabric is nice; nothing exceptional but better quality & feel than the previous EMT fabric.
Great, I am not a fan of leather or art-leather due to our weather conditions; maybe when am able to afford conditioned seats then I will!
Let's see if am able to beat the rest of the forum to it!
Even I was expecting Michelins as promised by the dealer but I will PM you as to what level I had to approach in Honda to get the car; will not worry about the Tyres as of now. Not happy but no choice either. Keep your fingers crossed.
nitin.rai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2012, 18:28   #272
BHPian

Re: 2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.rai View Post

Buddy, saw my car in flesh today; have made the balance payment by cheque. If the cheque gets encashed tomm then I take the car tomm else on Friday. Wait for the pictures.
Wow. Eagerly waiting to see the CE interior pics. Please upload them as soon as you get them. It would be a first on team bhp.

I am planning to book a CE by month end.
Old 19th January 2012, 21:45   #273
Distinguished - BHPian

Just talked to nitin.rai over the phone and he has indeed taken the delivery of his City CE earlier today, and has taken pics of the interiors as well.

It's his son's birthday today so he is a bit busy, so if he comes online (in about an hour or hour and half) he will post pics. If not, first thing tomorrow morning. He said he is "more than satisfied with the all-black interiors, and we should like it as well".

Congrats to him for being the first T-BHP owner (I hope!) of the new City Corporate!

Eagerly waiting to see his pics.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th January 2012, 17:18   #274
BHPian

Here are the pics of the Honda City Corporate Edition - The first CE delivered in Gurgaon.My friend's car.Don't kill me after seeing the pics.Will get some clean pictures tomorrow.The car is about to get its handles & mirrors painted in body color.
Attached Thumbnails
2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11-photo-1-2.jpg  

2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11-photo-2-2.jpg  

2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11-photo-2.jpg  

2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11-photo-3-2.jpg  

2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11-photo-3.jpg  

2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11-photo-4-2.jpg  

2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11-photo-5-2.jpg  

2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11-photo-5.jpg  

k2max6 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th January 2012, 17:24   #275
BHPian

The interiors of this ce version are similar to the one sold in thailand. IMO black interiors look good.
Old 20th January 2012, 17:29   #276
Team-BHP Support

^^

The gray-black interior tone is impressive - I hadn't expected it to be this good.

Is the MID in black and white?

I think the CE variant will serve all those who turned away from City just because of the beige interiors very well.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2012, 17:39   #277
PhX
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
Here are the pics of the Honda City Corporate Edition - The first CE delivered in Gurgaon.My friend's car.Don't kill me after seeing the pics.Will get some clean pictures tomorrow.The car is about to get its handles & mirrors painted in body color.
Nice! Do you have any pictures of the front or side clearly showing the black rear-view mirror? I am still debating whether to have my mirrors painted or not, and having a good picture would be nice.

And it looks like the ICE area will probably only suit 2-DIN. Single DIN may not look good...hmm...
Old 20th January 2012, 17:40   #278
Senior - BHPian

Considering you dont get ACC in the Higher end versions, i feel the CE is the version to buy even for those who can afford to spend extra on the E, V and S versions !!

You get a much better interior tone, you can get yourself a fancy ICE with Telephony, Bluetooth Streaming, Touchscreen, the works ! for 20 K, Awesome Alloys for another 20k and u have a beauty !!
nik_kapur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2012, 17:52   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Considering you dont get ACC in the Higher end versions, i feel the CE is the version to buy even for those who can afford to spend extra on the E, V and S versions !!
However Honda are careful enough to offer you a choice of white and silver only in the CE version.
indivic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2012, 17:52   #280
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
Here are the pics of the Honda City Corporate Edition - The first CE delivered in Gurgaon.
Thanks a ton, k2max6.

The interiors look superb, and it resembles the black/dark blue combo (which is actually provided in superior City variants outside) and the HU space in the centre looks ready to receive a blue-backlit HU player.

The fabric quality is pretty good as well, and should match the E & S's biege fabrics in quality. The AC knobs, ORVMs and door handles are all black, as expected since the Corporate is nothing but a rebadged E MT from the earlier pre-facelift City. But they are such a welcome change from the overdose of biege we have been having recently!

All in all, I am glad I stuck to booking the CE for myself. Looks like I won't be regretting my decision come 6th February, when I take delivery of my City Corporate!

Two thumbs up to Honda, for no compromise in quality and full safety features in the lowest City variant!

Now to finalise the ICE for my City CE asap.
Old 20th January 2012, 18:00   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhX
Nice! Do you have any pictures of the front or side clearly showing the black rear-view mirror? I am still debating whether to have my mirrors painted or not, and having a good picture would be nice.

And it looks like the ICE area will probably only suit 2-DIN. Single DIN may not look good...hmm...
Do get the mirrors painted, they complete the look of the car,forgot to take pictures after the mirrors and handles were painted.It looked good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur

You get a much better interior tone, you can get yourself a fancy ICE with Telephony, Bluetooth Streaming, Touchscreen, the works ! for 20 K, Awesome Alloys for another 20k and u have a beauty !!
Exactly. We were also looking for a touchscreen unit today but couldn't find one.No stocks anywhere as Pioneer and JVC are introducing a new lineup in 2-3 days.Touchscreen HU will definitely compliment the interiors.

Last edited by k2max6 : 20th January 2012 at 18:03.
k2max6 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2012, 22:57   #282
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey I had a couple of queries:

1. Has anybody got any offers/discounts on the new city?

2. Whats the cheapest ICE available for the city corp edition? I don't want anything fancy but I am an average music listener. But the problem is that I fear that a normal music system may not look good in the car since the space they have provided is for a double DIN right?
Old 20th January 2012, 23:38   #283
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Hey I had a couple of queries:

1. Has anybody got any offers/discounts on the new city?

2. Whats the cheapest ICE available for the city corp edition? I don't want anything fancy but I am an average music listener. But the problem is that I fear that a normal music system may not look good in the car since the space they have provided is for a double DIN right?
1. None whatsoever. Although I will press for something from them when I go to take delivery of my City. (Getting the Registration and Insurance done myself so saving some money there)

2. The wiring provided for the Corporate is 2-din. So any good enough Pioneer/JVC 2-Din player should be good enough.

And you are right, doc, a 1-din player will look out of sorts and the remaining space could be an eyesore.
Old 23rd January 2012, 11:18   #284
BHPian

Folks my sincere apologies for a few days delay in posting pictures. Have been extremely tied up since the 19th eve.

Heres a clear pic of the interior for the time being. Planning to take out time today to get you some more visual treat.

The car cost me 7.87 L on road. Another 50k spent on - HRS alloys, Michelin Primacy LC 195/60/15, Keyless (Autocop), 2-Din Kenwood, JBL component front & JBL co-ax rear. 10k more to go - 3M sun film & reverse sensors pending.
Total 8.5L.

Wait for my next post soon!
Attached Thumbnails
2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11-city_1.jpg  

nitin.rai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2012, 11:37   #285
Senior - BHPian

^
Congrats nitin.rai. The CE seems a great value proposition as of now. Perfect bang for your buck in the era of over-priced diesels.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks