Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2012, 00:26   #331
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahilm View Post
hello again to everyone and hope you guys are well , also thank you for your answers regarding the a/c of the anhc .
well i finally took the plunge today and booked the anhc v-at , i have been told that i would get delivery around the 15th of this month ( feb ) .
I honestly must admit that it really really really was a tough choice choosing this car over the anhv automatic .
I hope i haven't made a mistake .
shall keep you all updated and would certainly like to be an active member of this thread .
I wish you all well
drive safe .
Sahil .
Congratulations. Please tell us about the color,
Pricing and discounts.

And don't worry about your decision -Honda never disappoints.It will be always above your expectations.It is just because of Reliability honda has such fame. Enjoy revving your City and do put an ownership thread on getting the car.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2012, 00:41   #332
BHPian

Re: 2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11

Dear bluevolt , thank you for your re-assurance i really need it at this time .
I have booked the silver colour , no discounts on the car atm as there is a waiting on it .
i tried a lot of dealers and NONE of them are offering any discounts , not even a single rupee .
i will post reagrding the pricing tmrw morning for sure , wifee is sleeping and if i start going through papers at this time of the night ... well !!! -

have already started thinking of which tyres i will install on the city when it comes in ,
i was thinking either the 185/65/15 bridgestone or the 195/60/15 michelin's.
my main concern is comfort and a good drive and NOT loosing out on too much fuel economy .
i would also like to add that i never go out of town in my car and its usually driven in town ( south delhi ) so no real speeding , usually around 60-80 kmph .
all suggestions regarding the tyre upgrades would be highly appreciated too .
take care and drive safe .
rgds
sahil .
Old 2nd February 2012, 10:23   #333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

have already started thinking of which tyres i will install on the city when it comes in ,
my main concern is comfort and a good drive and NOT loosing out on too much fuel economy .
i would also like to add that i never go out of town in my car and its usually driven in town ( south delhi ) so no real speeding , usually around 60-80 kmph .
If the car is driven in Delhi only and not on highways then I don't see a reason you to upgrade the tyres. Try getting the stock ones from Michelin - you can ask the dealer to provide the car which comes with Michelin or he can swap the tyres with some other car.

If in case you still wish to change the size then I guess 195 section Micheline will be best - however I leave this to tyre experts on team-bhp.

But I don't think you need to upgrade provided the car will run in city only.

Which dealer in Delhi?
Old 2nd February 2012, 10:46   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahilm
Sahil,
Like blue has already mentioned; if it is even 95% in city driving then don't upgrade. The OEM Tyres are low on rolling resistance. Insist on Michelin xm1+ though.
If you are he'll bent on an upgrade then nothing better than primacy LC 195/60/15. The City has relatively low cabin damping so pick up Tyres with less noise.
Old 2nd February 2012, 13:17   #335
BHPian

Dear Bluevolt and Nitin , thank you for your respective replies .
I will probably upgrade to 185 or 195 i just don't like the skinny tires on the car .

"bluevolt" as for the price following is the breakup for the v-at model , and it was the same at ALL the dealers .

ex showroom = 9,42,000.
insurance = 33,085.
delhi registration = 76,675.
extended 2 year warranty ( making the warranty a total of 4 years ) = 6200.
total on road price after all this would be = 10,57,960.

I am not adding the cost of the following for obvious reasons -

Upgraded tires + vkool sunfilm , dynamat damping material , hid lights in main and fog lights , pioneer double din head-unit, front and rear morell speakers, sound stream tarintulla or pioneer sub , one 2 channel and one 4 channel infinity amp or a 4 channel kenwood and a 2 channel blaupaun amp . leather steering wheel cover .

Above are mostly the accessories that i can think of atm . Will surely keep you guys updated about the same .

Thanking you once again

drive safe and take care
Sahil .
Old 2nd February 2012, 13:21   #336
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Dear bluevolt , thank you for your re-assurance i really need it at this time .
I have booked the silver colour , no discounts on the car atm as there is a waiting on it .
i tried a lot of dealers and NONE of them are offering any discounts , not even a single rupee .
i will post reagrding the pricing tmrw morning for sure , wifee is sleeping and if i start going through papers at this time of the night ... well !!! -

take care and drive safe .
rgds
sahil .
Congratulations!

Stop being anxious about the decision dude, the City is a gem of a car and VAT is going to be a pleasurable indulgence. The Verna can get boaty at the rear so don't fret over not having chosen it.

About the tyres.. wait until you have the car and have driven it to know if you really need an upgrade. No point rushing into it.

So, what are the accessories/freebies thrown in?
Old 2nd February 2012, 13:49   #337
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei View Post
This is what I don't get. I would've thought, CE being the most VFM variant will have more takers and hence more of these will be produced and sold to dealers, but this just doesn't seem to be the case. What might Honda's reasoning be behind this, I wonder?

About your third mental block mentioned above, does it not hold true irrespective of which model you go for? i.e. even if you end up buying the CE, you will still have to make the long trip a couple of times, no? Once for the PDI and then for actual delivery?
No idea, but January's dealer dispatches (as shown by the January 2012 Sales thread) hasn't improved much, except for City's numbers. Maybe for February we will see better numbers from Honda, specially for the City.

Nope, actually. I will leave a couple days before delivery date, reach there and do the PDI for giving them the green signal, stay overnight and take delivery the next day and drive back to my city. I am getting only a few stuff fitted at the dealership - side-step garnishes, fog lamps and paint work of ORVMs/Door Handles done - so that shouldn't take more than 4-5 hours, maximum 6.

Registration, ICE, Speakers & seat covers to be done in my city.

Quote:
hello again to everyone and hope you guys are well , also thank you for your answers regarding the a/c of the anhc .
well i finally took the plunge today and booked the anhc v-at , i have been told that i would get delivery around the 15th of this month ( feb ) .
I honestly must admit that it really really really was a tough choice choosing this car over the anhv automatic .
I hope i haven't made a mistake .
shall keep you all updated and would certainly like to be an active member of this thread .
I wish you all well
drive safe .
Sahil .
Congrats and welcome to the club, buddy. One of the best choices in the AT sedan segment, I must say. It is much ahead of the Verna AT (which has a sluggish 4-slot AT compared to City's 5-slot with paddle shifters) in terms of FE, in-city driveability and overall pleasure. Don't fret about your choice - it's the best one you have gone with in this entire segment.

The default City tyres are pretty good in their own right, IMO. MRF is well-suited for rough, uneven roads and lasts long as well, Michelin is the ultimate in comfort plus gives fantastic road grip. Insist on Michelins - they are the best of the 3 options for the City.

Please put up an ownership thread as soon as you get the car, complete with pics. The Silver looks really classy on the City (my CE is also Silver), and although it's a pretty common City color (other one being White), it still looks majestic. Looking forward to sharing your ownership experience.
Old 2nd February 2012, 14:21   #338
BHPian

guys hello again , i made a full post thanking you all and also with the prices of the car etc .. i wonder why it has not come onto the thread yet !!
wishing you well
warm regards
Sahil .
Old 2nd February 2012, 15:54   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi
paint work of ORVMs/Door Handles done - so that shouldn't take more than 4-5 hours, maximum 6.
Are you sure? Double check.
Should take about 12-15 hrs for the paint to dry up & get good gloss. Best to do it in the afternoon & leave overnight on a bright sunny day.
Old 2nd February 2012, 16:22   #340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
guys hello again , i made a full post thanking you all and also with the prices of the car etc .. i wonder why it has not come onto the thread yet !!
wishing you well
warm regards
Sahil .

Hi Sahil,

Since you are newbie, first 25 posted are published only after moderator's approval after some 15-20 minutes. Now you have crossed the 25 post limit and your post will appear instantly and status will be changed from newbie to bhpian very soon.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2012, 16:48   #341
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.rai View Post
Are you sure? Double check.
Should take about 12-15 hrs for the paint to dry up & get good gloss. Best to do it in the afternoon & leave overnight on a bright sunny day.
My bad. I should have mentioned that I will get the paint work done as soon as I am done with the PDI one day earlier. Thanks, Nitin.

Quote:
Dear Bluevolt and Nitin , thank you for your respective replies .
I will probably upgrade to 185 or 195 i just don't like the skinny tires on the car .

"bluevolt" as for the price following is the breakup for the v-at model , and it was the same at ALL the dealers .

ex showroom = 9,42,000.
insurance = 33,085.
delhi registration = 76,675.
extended 2 year warranty ( making the warranty a total of 4 years ) = 6200.
total on road price after all this would be = 10,57,960.

I am not adding the cost of the following for obvious reasons -

Upgraded tires + vkool sunfilm , dynamat damping material , hid lights in main and fog lights , pioneer double din head-unit, front and rear morell speakers, sound stream tarintulla or pioneer sub , one 2 channel and one 4 channel infinity amp or a 4 channel kenwood and a 2 channel blaupaun amp . leather steering wheel cover .

Above are mostly the accessories that i can think of atm . Will surely keep you guys updated about the same .

Thanking you once again

drive safe and take care
Sahil .
All the same, do the tyre change after you have driven your City for a few kms, Sahil. Maybe you will not feel the need to change it if you get the feel of it's quality.

If you indeed go for the change, my advice is to go for 195ers. Besides improving the GC by about 4 mm, they make the steering a bit more weighty and meaty and also improve gripping. See if you can get Michelin Primary LC 195s - best option for tyre upgrade for the City.

Are any other charges included in the Registration charges?

7% comes to roughly 66K so there is a difference of around 10,700/-. Dealers sometimes bundle Handling/Logistics/Transportation Charges into this, so see if they have charged you with the same. Handling Charges are supposed to be struck off from dealer charges since January 2012, as per court orders. Get them to waive off the same.

Check this thread for details - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...al-charge.html

Additionally, get Roadside Assistance package with the Extended Warranty. It comes to about 4200 for a 4-year RA package and could be very useful.

The accessory list sounds delicious! Can't wait to see your ownership thread and share the experience. All the best!
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2012, 17:58   #342
BHPian

Quote:
pioneer double din head-unit, front and rear morell speakers, sound stream tarintulla or pioneer sub , one 2 channel and one 4 channel infinity amp or a 4 channel kenwood and a 2 channel blaupaun amp .
Thanking you once again

drive safe and take care
Sahil .
So, this would mean that the entire stock audio system is going to be replaced. Afaik, the stock in V variant is decent quality stuff. So will not this be a relatively skippable accessory? Alternatively, wont getting the system bluetooth enabled be more useful?

Apologies for questioning the wish list, but just wanted to put my thoughts.
Old 2nd February 2012, 18:45   #343
BHPian

Dear Manojmis , i think the music quality of the Honda system could be much better , but that's just me , i do know of a few people that are fully satisfied with it . i guess each to his own regarding their choice of hearing pleasures , no apologies needed mate , its a perfectly normal question .
May i ask what "Afaik " means , i am relatively new to posting etc , or maybe just too outdated and old at 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojmis View Post
So, this would mean that the entire stock audio system is going to be replaced. Afaik, the stock in V variant is decent quality stuff. So will not this be a relatively skippable accessory? Alternatively, wont getting the system bluetooth enabled be more useful?

Apologies for questioning the wish list, but just wanted to put my thoughts.
Dear ravin, thank you for your input regarding the anhc.
the problem with this country my friend is that , laws are passed but never are they respected or followed ,
you are 100% right in your observation .
registration charges are 76.575 as quoted by me above BUT out of this registration is for rs 71060 and 5515 is for the handling charges .
I too was surprised at this and did ask the dealers , they ALL said, sir " iskey bina gadi nahi mileygi "
hope that answers your question my friend .
wishing you well
sahil

Are any other charges included in the Registration charges?

7% comes to roughly 66K so there is a difference of around 10,700/-. Dealers sometimes bundle Handling/Logistics/Transportation Charges into this, so see if they have charged you with the same. Handling Charges are supposed to be struck off from dealer charges since January 2012, as per court orders. Get them to waive off the same.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 30 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Technocrat : 3rd February 2012 at 01:33. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Old 2nd February 2012, 18:52   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Manojmis , i think the music quality of the Honda system could be much better , but that's just me , i do know of a few people that are fully satisfied with it . i guess each to his own regarding their choice of hearing pleasures , no apologies needed mate , its a perfectly normal question .
May i ask what "Afaik " means , i am relatively new to posting etc , or maybe just too outdated and old at 40
afaik - as far as i know.
I shouldn't have used it as sms lingo is not allowed in this forum, my bad

Any idea, where in the honda city micro site, can we see the accessory's page? I think, after the revamp was done, they removed that page.
Old 2nd February 2012, 18:52   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

AFAIK means as far as I know.

Simply use Google next time. And also use multi quote instead of creating back to back posts within 20 mins.

EDIT - looks like manoj and i hit the submit button same time.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks