Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2012, 19:53   #391
BHPian

Re: 2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Yup that's what told by my friend who too bought a CE. And I have also spotted some 8-10 CEs on Delhi/NCR roads recently.

But I really can not digest this 'one CE per month per dealer' thing. It means only 12 cars in 12 month from one dealer?

Is it stated in written by Honda? or this is excuse from dealers?

Don't loose hope and your cool, you just need to follow up properly and I am sure you will get it, initially such things do happen.
Its not true at all. Each dealer with its own excuse.I have seen 2 CE's being delivered together from the same showroom.
Just find some contacts to a showroom and you can easily get the CE under 15days.
k2max6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2012, 19:54   #392
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
But I really can not digest this 'one CE per month per dealer' thing.
That is in fact the reality.

The margins for Honda on a City CE are very slim; hence the production of the CE variant is the least.

1 CE per month per dealer is the standard story almost every dealer is saying (spoke to 2 of them from Bangalore; hence, know it is not an excuse).
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2012, 20:22   #393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
Its not true at all. Each dealer with its own excuse.I have seen 2 CE's being delivered together from the same showroom.
Just find some contacts to a showroom and you can easily get the CE under 15days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post

1 CE per month per dealer is the standard story almost every dealer is saying (spoke to 2 of them from Bangalore; hence, know it is not an excuse).
I think things are better in north especially in Delhi than other parts of the country. Supply issues should not bother Delhi/NCR considering the proximity of Honda's factory at Noida.

Honda is doing mistake by not producing CE as other variants. They should know that most people will consider only CE variant of City and if company is not able to deliver the car on time then customer may move to some other brand. This situation is definitely not good for Honda as they sell a 1500 cc sedan which runs only on the most expensive fuel in India i.e. petrol.

PS - @Nishad, Is 'City' in Bangalore now?

Last edited by bluevolt : 16th February 2012 at 20:26.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2012, 20:30   #394
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I think things are better in north especially in Delhi than other parts of the country. Supply issues should not bother Delhi/NCR considering the proximity of Honda's factory at Noida.

Honda is doing mistake by not producing CE as other variants. They should know that most people will consider only CE variant of City and if company is not able to deliver the car on time then customer may move to some other brand. This situation is definitely not good for Honda as they sell a 1500 cc sedan which runs only on the most expensive fuel in India i.e. petrol.

PS - @Nishad, Is 'City' in Bangalore now?
Well, at the end of the day, it's business for them. So, if one variant gets them lesser profit than the others, they would obviously produce it less.

Not sure how long Honda plans to pursue this policy.

The City is in Gurgaon itself, we'd gone to Honda to TD the Brio.
Old 17th February 2012, 10:59   #395

Went to Honda showroom in Saket, New Delhi to check out the CE. But the Sales guy was quite reluctant to even share the details about CE. Said the same what most people above have mentioned... "Sir we are getting only 1 car per month, delivery will be late...please go for EMT or S MT model as they are better.. !!" Considering other options like Verna petrol if have to wait for 2-3 months since there's hardly any highway driving...
Old 17th February 2012, 17:32   #396
BHPian

Went to the showroom for getting a VMT. To know their pulse, inquired about the CE, and they happily explained all the details.
Checked on the VMT too, price details shared and that had the horrendous Handling charges of 7k. The zero dip insurance is being quoted at 31k!
Candidly checked on any available offers, and pat came the reply, City is in too much demand, so no offers, not even Corporate offers available.
OTR of VMT will come to 9.55.
The 2 years extended warranty and RSA have to be taken at extra cost.

I don't see the City regaining its segment crown in any immediate future.

The only way for them to win numbers is the CE, which apparently they are not interested in the way our friends have reported above.

The Jan 11 - Jan 12 story of the City numbers :(
(Taken from the monthly sales figure threads)

2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11-city.jpg

Last edited by manojmis : 17th February 2012 at 17:34. Reason: Re uploading the picture since the watermark is hiding the sales figure values in the attachment
Old 19th February 2012, 19:46   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
That is in fact the reality.

1 CE per month per dealer
Yesterday I went to check my Civic and while at the yard, was inquiring just to see a City CE. The person looked around and none was available at the yard. But he said, they have so far delivered 6 CEs. If new City deliveries started mid-Jan, it looks like almost 1 CE per week!
SafeSteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2012, 06:13   #398

the day i booked my new City
Quote:
NEW 2012 HONDA CITY
Attached Thumbnails
2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11-20120229-11.36.32.jpg  

2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11-20120229-11.37.20.jpg  

2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11-20120229-11.39.01.jpg  

2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11-20120229-11.47.38.jpg  

2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11-20120229-12.44.58.jpg  

Old 10th March 2012, 00:15   #399
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally, my City CE is with me. Picked it up on 2nd March.

Refer to my ownership thread on the same - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...rney-king.html

OTR will come to around 8.75L, which includes 69K worth of accessories. The City CE is a super VFM deal if anyone is looking for a petrol sedan in the C-segment with a budget of 8L.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2012, 03:16   #400
PhX
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

Refer to my ownership thread on the same - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...rney-king.html

OTR will come to around 8.75L, which includes 69K worth of accessories. The City CE is a super VFM deal if anyone is looking for a petrol sedan in the C-segment with a budget of 8L.
Brilliant. I think apart from my own car, it was yours that I was waiting!
Old 10th March 2012, 09:11   #401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi

Congratulations Avinash!
The iVtec would just add smiles.
Old 10th March 2012, 18:41   #402
BHPian

Dillemma- 2012 city V-AT or Corporate edition manual

Hi all

Im this close to buying the 2012 city. It just boils down to the Automatic or basic manual variant since there is a price difference of close to 3 lakhs between the two. What are the gurus opinions here. Should I go in for the automatic fully loaded or get the corporate edition manual and load it with after market stuff.
Also does the mileage in the automatic fade in time to come since I intend to retain the car at least 4 years. Down the line what would be a smarter choice?

Thanks

Sunny
Old 10th March 2012, 19:37   #403
BHPian

It boils down to whether you want an auto tranny or not. As far as features are concerned you can get the base model and load it with aftermarket stuff. However if the auto is a must then there isn't much to think about.

I test drove the auto and the manual before getting the manual. What i found was that the auto tranny doesn't do justice to the wonderful engine.

If driving pleasure is something that you seek then the manual it is.
Old 10th March 2012, 21:46   #404
Senior - BHPian

Re: Dillemma- 2012 city V-AT or Corporate edition manual

If you love shifting gear yourself, then get a manual. If you're tired of holding clutch in bumper to bumper traffic or your most of the driving is in B2B traffic, then get automatic. For me its manual any day over an auto tranny. Add to that you get less FE as compared to auto.

Its clearly your choice, whether you want auto or not. IMO get a manual load with aftermarket stuff, and save couple of bucks .
Old 10th March 2012, 23:19   #405
Senior - BHPian

Re: Dillemma- 2012 city V-AT or Corporate edition manual

As you have asked for Smarter choice, CE it is. To be more smarter, when you go for aftermarket or OEM fittings, just analyse that whether you really use Fog Lamps or not as they cost around 20K.
If you leave aside all that smart talk, then you can go for AT also as it depends entirely on your personal liking of an AT or MT and most importantly preference of Black V Beige.

Last edited by carwatcher : 10th March 2012 at 23:20.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks