Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2011, 16:35   #226
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11

1) Enrichment charge?! I'm hearing this for the first time. It could be the "handling" charge the dealer charges. This has nothing to do with RTO IMO.

2) It definitely makes sense to take a 0 Dep policy (which will be a tad higher than the regular policies). You could get quotes from other Insurnace companies. But check with your dealer if he's fine with you taking Insurance on your own.

3) Definitely worth it; black door handles, mud-flaps and mirrors would look out of place on a silver car. Go for it!

Try bargaining on 2) and 3) and eliminating 1).

Some other suggestions (take them or leave them) :

1) reverse sensors are pretty much useless; try fitting a reverse camera
2) get the pin-type gear lock; not the U-type.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 28th December 2011 at 16:37.
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2011, 16:39   #227
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
1) Enrichment charge?! I'm hearing this for the first time. It could be the "handling" charge the dealer charges. This has nothing to do with RTO IMO.
I thought the "MCD Prkg" quoted at 4K was the Handling/Logistics/Transportation Charges. What is that, then?
Old 28th December 2011, 17:00   #228
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
And what is that "Primary.." thing which is quoted at 15K?
That must be upgrade to Michelin Primacy LC tyres.

CE+upgrades is likely to be the best seller IMHO
vigsom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2011, 17:19   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Some other suggestions (take them or leave them) :
Even I feel it has nothing to do with RTO and heard for the first time in 10 yrs of my car ownership.
Yes am definitely going for 0 dep; just that the quote is about 4-5k higher than independent quotes but I still will go with Honda Assure for a hassle free just in case.
Reverse camera is on my mind.
The quote is for the pin type autocop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Compare your quotation with mine -
1) What the heck are enrichment charges?! Never heard of them.

Btw, which alloys are you going for at 17K? And is that per alloy or cost of
At 8.6L overall, the CE sounds like a delicious proposition, specially when customised to one's own tastes/choices. Good job, buddy.
The alloys quote is from BK Tyres for Koenig (OEM Honda alloys).
Yes, 8.6L sounds great; cushions me on discounts on higher models too in the future which will anyways start by March IMHO. Thanks for the reaffirmation.
I feel the 4500 charge in your quote has been included twice; do cross check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
Yes Vigsom, the cost for OEM exchange for Primacy LC 195 profile. Thanks!
Old 28th December 2011, 18:07   #230
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post

CE+upgrades is likely to be the best seller IMHO
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.rai View Post
Yes Vigsom, the cost for OEM exchange for Primacy LC 195 profile. Thanks!
Thanks for clarifying, vigsom.

Indeed. CE + customisation is the best VFM proposition in the City lineup right now.

Quote:
Even I feel it has nothing to do with RTO and heard for the first time in 10 yrs of my car ownership.
Yes am definitely going for 0 dep; just that the quote is about 4-5k higher than independent quotes but I still will go with Honda Assure for a hassle free just in case.
Cross-check and confirm from your dealer about these Enrichment Charges. I think you can get them to waive those off.

Just confirmed from my dealer. The Zero-dep add-on will cost another 6K, so that's a total of 25,291/-. Okay if it is Honda Assure.

Quote:
Reverse camera is on my mind.
Definitely get the reverse camera, buddy. Sensors won't be of much use once you get the camera installed.

Quote:
The quote is for the pin type autocop.
I need to get that done as well.

Quote:
The alloys quote is from BK Tyres for Koenig (OEM Honda alloys).
All 4 OEM alloys for 17K? That's a delightful deal!

Quote:
Yes, 8.6L sounds great; cushions me on discounts on higher models too in the future which will anyways start by March IMHO. Thanks for the reaffirmation.
You are welcome, bud.

Yep, and that will help immensely when the higher variants get a price reducing "Cash Discount" offer. Don't think they will bring the rates of the Corporate down any further than 6.99L, so that's a big plus in our favor.

Quote:
I feel the 4500 charge in your quote has been included twice; do cross check.
Nope. I confirmed it. First 4500/- is transportation charges, and second 4500/- is brokerage/registration charges. Both are included separately, and there's no escaping them.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2011, 19:02   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Libran, blue volt, ravenavi, gurus-

8.6L is the out of the door price for my CE city including accessories.
Dropped the idea of Caska as was really not impressed by the sound vs cost analysis.

A few questions:
- the dealer is quoting me 5515 as enrichment charge. Will sit down and talk to them at the time of final payment. However, what exactly is this? Enrichment of rto?
- Honda Assure with zero dep has been quoted at 24921 - does it sound ok for 6.99 L ex showroom?
- 3700 for silver color paint of mudflaps, door handles & side mirrors.

Please see the attached sheet. I think the CE makes a lot of sense now when fitted with accessories, alloys & tyre upsize of choice with black interiors SANS the chrome bling!
CE is the car to go for! If I were in market today I would have starightaway bought an CE Honda City.

I have no idea about enrichment charges! Never ever heard of them. You should demand explanation from the dealing sales person.

Insurance amount seems OK. However Honda assure zero dep is expensive as compared to other plans. But I also chose Honda assure for peace of mind.

Try some bargaining on painting charges otherwise they are OK.

Do ask for free pillows and body cover no matter if other discounts are offered or not. Original Body cover costs around 1.5K (may be more now).

BTW which dealer in Delhi?

PS - Ah! How times have changed. Just one year back I got my SMT for over 9.20 lacs and now it is available a bit cheaper with more features.

Last edited by bluevolt : 28th December 2011 at 19:05.
Old 28th December 2011, 19:12   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt

CE is the car to go for! If I were in market today I would have starightaway bought an CE Honda City.

You should demand explanation from the dealing sales person.

Do ask for free pillows and body cover no matter if other discounts are offered or not. Original Body cover costs around 1.5K (may be more now).

Ah! How times have changed. Just one year back I got my SMT for over 9.20 lacs and now it is available a bit cheaper with more features.
I will, when it's time for payment. Am not going for a loan so makes it a tad easier for last minute negotiation. Have anyways made it clear - no receipt; no payment.
Will use the body cover as exchange for painting charge discounts as I never have used covers; basement parking.

Can imagine how it must feel to you and other owners specially the one's who bought just before the discounts.
I expect hefty discounts on the S & V models starting march so it would be about the S on road would roundabout be the same as mine.
Just that I get BLACK & skip the BLING!
Old 1st January 2012, 11:21   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Libran, blue volt, ravenavi, gurus-

8.6L is the out of the door price for my CE city including accessories.
A few questions:
- the dealer is quoting me 5515 as enrichment charge. Will sit down and talk to them at the time of final payment. However, what exactly is this? Enrichment of rto?
My qoute 4 months ago mentioned 8.5K as "Incidental charges", which I guess included the handling and registration charges. That seems to be split across MCD Prkg and Enrichment Charges for you. So I guess it is fine. You can probably avoid a part of the Enrichment Charges if you go through the hassle of getting the car registered yourself.

Another interesting thing I noticed is the extended warranty charge of 6.2K in your quote? Did you bargain on that? The Ext Warranty in Bangalore is 10.2K. Wonder why that would depend on the location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
PS - Ah! How times have changed. Just one year back I got my SMT for over 9.20 lacs and now it is available a bit cheaper with more features.
Are you sure the SMT is now cheaper than the pre-facelift one? The OTR for SMT in Bangalore now is 10.05L. I am pretty sure this is much more than the pre-facelift OTR (which I believe was around 9L or 9.2L, VAT was 10.65L OTR). So I surely believe the facelift has made the car more expensive, with no significant value add (except alloys on SMT). The price differential ofcourse could partly be due to the lack of discounts now, which may come back some time later this year, but I guess would still keep the car more expensive than the pre-facelift version.

Last edited by Bh.P : 1st January 2012 at 11:29.
Old 1st January 2012, 11:57   #234
Senior - BHPian

During end 2009, Honda City S MT was 9.67L on road here in Coimbatore, that is when V MT was introduced at 10.2L. Then prices went up by 50k. Then reduced by 44k for these variants. Now it still retails at 9.6L but alloys are now part of S MT. And many other small cosmetic additions as well.
Old 1st January 2012, 17:07   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bh.P
My qoute 4 months ago mentioned 8.5K as "Incidental charges", which I guess included the handling and registration charges. That seems to be split across MCD Prkg and Enrichment Charges for you. So I guess it is fine. You can probably avoid a part of the Enrichment Charges if you go through the hassle of getting the car registered yourself.

Another interesting thing I noticed is the extended warranty charge of 6.2K in your quote? Did you bargain on that? The Ext Warranty in Bangalore is 10.2K. Wonder why that would depend on the location.
I will figure out who's getting enriched when it's time for delivery

The 10.2 that you are talking about probably includes 4k for a 4 yr Honda road side assistance. The extended warranty only is 6.2 IMO.
Old 1st January 2012, 17:17   #236
Distinguished - BHPian

First batches of the new City facelift expected at dealers in the next couple days. I am told Corporate editions will be coming in these batches. Check with your nearest Honda dealer.

Finalised booking of my City Corporate on the 29th, at an OTR of 8.19L. Paid 21K as booking amount. Delivery requested for 15th February 2012.
Old 2nd January 2012, 13:51   #237
BHPian

Today I had been to the Honda showroom and did a quick check on the ground clearance improvement with the 2012 model. The difference is around 2 inches (50mm) between the outgoing model and the new model when measured at the front running board (next to front mud flap). This is a real good improvement from Honda.

I had written a query to Honda Cars to increase the GC for my 2009 model. I wanted to know what are the options available to increase it for my car. Then local body shop supervisor called me on the phone and said its not possible. When Honda customercare called me and asked whether I was satisfied, I said how can I be satisfied when you say a "NO". I am looking for options to avoid my car being stalled at the center of the road with 4/5 people and then asking them to get out of the car to cross the speed breaker.

I would request all the T-BHipans who has the iVtec model to start writing to Honda asking for options to increase the GC for the pre-2012 model.
Old 2nd January 2012, 14:44   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommie View Post
Today I had been to the Honda showroom and did a quick check on the ground clearance improvement with the 2012 model. The difference is around 2 inches (50mm) between the outgoing model and the new model when measured at the front running board (next to front mud flap). This is a real good improvement from Honda.
Tommie - the increase in the ground clearance as per what Honda claims is 5 mm and not 50 mm. 50 mm increase will make this car an SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommie View Post
I had written a query to Honda Cars to increase the GC for my 2009 model. I wanted to know what are the options available to increase it for my car. Then local body shop supervisor called me on the phone and said its not possible. When Honda customercare called me and asked whether I was satisfied, I said how can I be satisfied when you say a "NO". I am looking for options to avoid my car being stalled at the center of the road with 4/5 people and then asking them to get out of the car to cross the speed breaker.

I would request all the T-BHipans who has the iVtec model to start writing to Honda asking for options to increase the GC for the pre-2012 model.
Yes Honda's official statement would be the one you got or anyone writing to them will get. GC increase is not possible in a car without taking care of other structural components. If you take care of all the affected components you would virtually end up changing a whole lot of suspension and chassis components.
Old 2nd January 2012, 14:49   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan
Tommie - the increase in the ground clearance as per what Honda claims is 5 mm and not 50 mm. 50 mm increase will make this car an SUV

Yes Honda's official statement would be the one you got or anyone writing to them will get. GC increase is not possible in a car without taking care of other structural components. If you take care of all the affected components you would virtually end up changing a whole lot of suspension and chassis components.
Dear ARM chair activist, go out to the Honda showroom and measure to beleive
Old 2nd January 2012, 15:01   #240
Senior - BHPian

^^^
But it can't be 50 mm mate; 50 mm increase means that the car's GC is 210mm . A sedan off roader?

Last edited by bluevolt : 2nd January 2012 at 15:02.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks