Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2011, 17:23   #196
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
A single tail-lamp can be bought - imagine if Honda sold everything in pairs as they do in case of fog lamps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
The City CE does NOT have Airbags & ABS, so IMO its still better to opt for the E Variant & bargain with the dealer for discounts. My two cents.

EDIT

Oops. My bad. I did not check. The CE has ABS & Airbags & i agree that its the best VFM Sedan available today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
ALL the variants of City are similar-featured when it comes to safety.

Check it here : :::Honda City- Features:::
+1.

No compromise on safety, and that is the biggest plus in the City facelift.

Check out these official specs-

2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11-untitled.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
Will the deliveries start in January ?? I am asking this because i saw the new city a couple of days back in dehradun . It wasn't a test drive vehicle because it had all the delivery decoration done on it .
Yes, deliveries are expected to start by mid-January onwards. Maybe it was a showroom car which still had decorations on it. I am guessing because the new City on display at Shubh Honda was decorated with ribbons and balloons as well, which had been taken off in the morning I visited the showroom. Right now, you can book the new facelift City but deliveries of cars haven't started to the showrooms yet.

There is a chance that someone might have paid a premium and bought the showcased variant directly from the showroom, but there is a pretty slim chance of that happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
It was cracked due to our house's main gate hitting the tail lamp by our guard while reversing the car out of the house.

And yes they can be bought separately.

PS - on a lighter note imagine if Honda sold even cars in pairs like you can only buy two Honda Cities, Civics and so on
Sorry to hear, buddy.

I will be first in line if they offer a City free with every City bought, or a Civic free with every Civic bought!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhX View Post
In the top-end version, there is absolutely nothing that makes a shred of difference at all. They've changed the number of spokes on the alloys, put more chrome in it, and that's pretty much it. I don't remember the price of the old V; does anyone remember, and is it the same?

By the way, I was told that there is a 2-month waiting period for the new City. :S
Prices of the pre-facelift City (ex-showroom, C.G.) -

E MT - 7,66,300

S MT - 8,39,000

V MT - 8,85,000

V MT (Exclusive) - 9,38,001

V AT - 9,58,700

V AT (Exclusive) - 10,11,596

Prices of the new facelift City (ex-showroom, C.G.) -

Corporate - 7,15,000

E MT - 7,88,000

S MT - 8,39,000

V MT - 8,90,000

V AT - 9,64,000

V (Sunroof) - 9,72,500

V AT (Sunroof) - 10,46,000

There isn't much of a difference in pricing, except for the E MT variant which has gained some features and is costlier by about 22K.

S MT is the best option if you have money to spare, because it's priced at exactly the same as the older variant and you gain a bunch of features which weren't available in the older City S MT variant.

And as regards the waiting period, I think it's purely hogwash and a picture painted by the dealer. Cars will be readily available as soon as they reach showrooms, which should be in the mid/third quarter of January.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 25th December 2011 at 17:25.
Old 25th December 2011, 18:03   #197
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
And as regards the waiting period, I think it's purely hogwash and a picture painted by the dealer. Cars will be readily available as soon as they reach showrooms, which should be in the mid/third quarter of January.
+1. There is no reason for a waiting period unless there is a serious production problem. The new city is hardly any different from the old model and hence I do not see much interest and excitement around the product.

Are there any discounts on the new city BTW? I am specifically interested in the CE variant.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2011, 18:12   #198
PhX
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
+1. There is no reason for a waiting period unless there is a serious production problem. The new city is hardly any different from the old model and hence I do not see much interest and excitement around the product.

Are there any discounts on the new city BTW? I am specifically interested in the CE variant.
You guys are probably right about the waiting period.

And there don't appear to be any discounts on the new City.
Old 25th December 2011, 18:29   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Don't like that gaudy chrome grille one bit. But it can be changed with ease.
How so? Will the old (grey coloured) grille be a direct fit onto the new facelifted version? If yes, what is the cost of the old grille?

I think this may not be possible, with the changes to the front bumper that have been made.
Old 25th December 2011, 18:34   #200
BHPian

Quote:
From what other members have gathered, there don't seem to be any discounts on offer.

I agree with you on the interest in the CE variant. It seems to be garnering quite a lot of interest. It does make sense to get this version and add the extras one prefers.

Also, bear in mind that the CE variant is almost Rs.12,000 cheaper in Delhi than it is in Chennai for us down south.

Last edited by Sergei : 25th December 2011 at 18:36.
Old 25th December 2011, 20:14   #201
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei View Post
I agree with you on the interest in the CE variant. It seems to be garnering quite a lot of interest. It does make sense to get this version and add the extras one prefers.

Also, bear in mind that the CE variant is almost Rs.12,000 cheaper in Delhi than it is in Chennai for us down south.
yea the pricing of this variant is just too good to ignore. Combine it with a rock solid car and a great engine and it becomes a good enough package to offset the petrol running costs. For someone like me who is not to crazy about ICE, a basic music system and some basic speakers, decent alloys will cost not more then 20k. At 6.99L ex-showroom I think the OTR price will be around 8L which is very good. Also one has to consider that the diesel car optins are limited at that price point. For instance the Vento TDI TL misses out on ABS and Airbags and the Highline is a cool 3L costlier.

Can someone post some pics of the CE variant? I want to see ho the all black interiors look. Any idea if any Honda dealer in Delhi has the CE variant on display?
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2011, 21:34   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any idea if any Honda dealer in Delhi has the CE variant on display?
I guess Ring Road Honda should have the CE variant on display as one of my friend booked one for himself on 23 Dec after TDing it.
Old 25th December 2011, 21:52   #203
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I guess Ring Road Honda should have the CE variant on display as one of my friend booked one for himself on 23 Dec after TDing it.
Ring road Honda which is at peeragarhi right? Did your friend got any discounts by any chance? And what was the delivery date committed?
Old 25th December 2011, 22:17   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Ring road Honda which is at peeragarhi right? Did your friend got any discounts by any chance? And what was the delivery date committed?
Hey drmohitg, if you do visit the showroom, please click some pics of the CE variant (esp. interiors) and post them here. I'm interested to see what the area that usually holds the ICE looks like in this version.
Old 25th December 2011, 22:26   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes it is at Peeragarhi (Rohtak road). He didn't got any discount as such except that the sales person has promised him couple of freebies like pillow cover and body cover.Delivery date is around 13-15 January.

PS - You can also try at other Ring Road Honda branches at Gurgaon and janpath or cp(don't remember where exactly is the other branch in Delhi).
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2011, 22:37   #206
BHPian

Great job done by Honda as far as the choice of features in the Corporate Edition is concerned. Honda has provided every essential feature in the CE. Except for may be - Driver Seat Height Adjuster, which, if I might hazard a truly wide guess, has been done as a token gesture to let customes have a genuine excuse of buying a higher variant Expect CE to garner three fourths of the sales - on a conservative estimate.
Old 25th December 2011, 23:52   #207
Senior - BHPian

The purpose of this facelift is a bit confusing but at least they have not made the anyways strong package any worse (like Civic). The facelift is unlikely to increase curiosity about the car , the City would still be primarily attracting bargain hunters IMO.

Of late I have noticed a lot ( noticeably lot ) of government vehicles in Mumbai being City , price correction seems to have made it a preferred replacement of the Amby for the seniors ( the ones with the "red" or "orange" batti on their car). I am wondering whether the recent wild fluctuations in the City's monthly despatch figures was due to the supply of govt order in bulk in certain months.
Old 26th December 2011, 00:53   #208
PhX
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
The purpose of this facelift is a bit confusing but at least they have not made the anyways strong package any worse (like Civic).
I'm guessing the facelift may be an excuse to try and get more people into the showrooms. Use the publicity that a facelift would generate. I haven't seen any ads for the new City on TV, but it's a good excuse to get some ad spots. And it's a perfect way to introduce a "budget City" like the CE edition. Basically, it's a good strategic move to launch more variants and package them in the form of a facelift. Note: All of the above is speculative. I'm just trying to guess what could be the driving force behind the facelift.

Possibly OT: What do you mean by the Civic thing? Is the facelifted Dec 09 Civic worse than the original 2007/08 Civic?
Old 26th December 2011, 15:14   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhX View Post
Possibly OT: What do you mean by the Civic thing? Is the facelifted Dec 09 Civic worse than the original 2007/08 Civic?
I was referring to the 2012 Civic which has attracted a fair bit of adverse comment vis-a-vis the outgoing model
Old 26th December 2011, 15:56   #210
BHPian

with the OTR of the V variant (the only one variant to get maximum benefits from the facelift aka, the cruise control, turn indicators, 10 spoke alloy etc) reaching the above 9.5 laks figure, dont think City can attract customers without any discounts.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks