Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2011, 16:06   #151
BHPian

re: 2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11

Can someone please post pictures of the interiors of the "Corporate Edition". Will actually help a lot in someone who is evaluating different versions.
Old 21st December 2011, 16:16   #152
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojmis View Post
Wont it make sense to wait for few days to see the offers back?
Frankly, I don't see the prices coming down any more; probably a 10-20k corporate discount at max.

With this 2012 City, Honda has spread the City across such variants that it caters to a wide range of people; right from CE to VAT (sunroof).

Any more discount and trust me, existing owners will be HUGELY pissed (not that it will have a consequence) and the brand image of Honda will take a HUGE beating (will definitely have a consequence).
Old 21st December 2011, 16:31   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Only Honda can continuously bring down the prices on account of 'increased localization of components' and still run out of parts to build or repair cars everytime there is an earthquake in
Japan or some rain in Thailand.

So when the actual localization happens expect the prices to come down even further.
Old 21st December 2011, 16:57   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Frankly, I don't see the prices coming down any more; probably a 10-20k corporate discount at max.

With this 2012 City, Honda has spread the City across such variants that it caters to a wide range of people; right from CE to VAT (sunroof).

Any more discount and trust me, existing owners will be HUGELY pissed (not that it will have a consequence) and the brand image of Honda will take a HUGE beating (will definitely have a consequence).
+1,

I think the current pricing are absolutely fine. If they still cut the prices then City will forever lost the so called "Premium" tag attached to it and Off course I will never upgrade to a Honda in future.
Old 21st December 2011, 18:43   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
+1,

I think the current pricing are absolutely fine. If they still cut the prices then City will forever lost the so called "Premium" tag attached to it and Off course I will never upgrade to a Honda in future.
I was referring to the dealer discounts that were present for the older variant. There were some cash discounts, free insurance, accessory gifts etc.

Even at this price, without further push from the dealers, (till the diesel comes), I dont think City can fly to the 5k-6k pieces/month figure.

That's the rationale behind my thought. The only reason I see for this not to happen is, Honda getting satisfied in having the Brio take over the City as the flagship model leading in sales department.
Old 21st December 2011, 18:58   #156
PhX
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.rai View Post
Based on some inputs I have received from people, the CE looks good - if you like black interiors.
Car deliveries will start 1st jan so I expect first week of Jan 12.
No discounts offered.
I've been in touch with Linkway and Arya Honda in the last couple of days. Everyone of them hasbeen saying that no delivery is expected within the next 4-5 weeks. In fact, one of the dealers straightaway said not before Feb. Now, I'm not sure if they're saying that just to try to get rid of the old stock (before Dec 31) or whether they genuinely mean it...
Old 21st December 2011, 19:00   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
+1,

+1

Fully agree with you. Honda has been over priced earlier and it was never a value for money package. That is partly because they could afford to demand a premium for their offering since there was no suitable alternative.

However, now they have got the prices to realistic levels, thanks to Vento/Verna and should stick to it until the diesel comes in. Otherwise existing owner's would feel cheated and mighty pissed.

BTW, my only argument during the City selection was it was the best petrol sedan available period.

Cheers
Old 21st December 2011, 22:43   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhX
I've been in touch with Linkway and Arya Honda in the last couple of days. Everyone of them hasbeen saying that no delivery is expected within the next 4-5 weeks. In fact, one of the dealers straightaway said not before Feb. Now, I'm not sure if they're saying that just to try to get rid of the old stock (before Dec 31) or whether they genuinely mean it...
AFAIK deliveries start first week of Jan. Hope the info is correct.
Old 22nd December 2011, 01:15   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhX View Post
Even I am in touch with them... but in my case I am just checking the discounts availabe on previous models. Minimum discount offered is 70K to maximum 100K. Any information on the range of maximum discounts being offered on old models.
Old 22nd December 2011, 01:42   #160
PhX
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
Even I am in touch with them... but in my case I am just checking the discounts availabe on previous models. Minimum discount offered is 70K to maximum 100K. Any information on the range of maximum discounts being offered on old models.
They are in a stock-clearing mode. You will easily get 100k off the old models (especially S-MT model, which is the most popular one). You will have to face some issue for colours, though.

However, bear this in mind:

For an "old" S-MT, on-road, it will cost you 8.5 lakhs (and maybe some accessories free if you bargain hard). The brand new one will cost you 9.5 (without discount).

For the 1 lakh extra, you are getting some cosmetic changes (nothing to write home about) and alloy wheels (original Honda alloy wheels might cost you around 50k or so). So immediately, you get additional value of 50k. Now, when you go to re-sell this car 2-3 years down the line, you will get lower price because it will not be the latest model. For example, if you go to carwale.com* and check the prices, Jan 2008 arrowhead will be quoted for 6 lakhs, but Jan 2008 dolphin shape will be less than 5 lakhs. Just some points to consider...

*I know that carwale.com is not the best source for getting second hand car prices in the market, but it's a starting point.
Old 22nd December 2011, 10:45   #161
BHPian

Can we get the official Team-BHP review for the facelifted Honda City?
Eagerly waiting to hear from the experts.
Old 22nd December 2011, 11:31   #162
Distinguished - BHPian

Paid a visit to Shubh Honda to check out the new facelifted City. They had only one model in their stockyard, a Carnelian Red Pearl V MT.

Glistening in the sun:

2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11-20111217-11.16.10_2.jpg

The funky looking Accord-ish 10 spoke alloys:

2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11-20111217-11.16.27_2.jpg

A close up of the new fog lamp casing:

2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11-20111217-11.17.27_2.jpg

The rear, with a slightly larger chrome ring around the silencer and the reflector section, in addition to the refurbished tail lamps:

2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11-20111217-11.17.51_2.jpg

This is how the "new" rear looks like. Notice the prominent chrome sash:

2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11-20111217-11.17.58_2.jpg

Cruise control buttons on the steering:

2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11-20111217-11.18.39_2.jpg

The "new" steering with it's mounted controls and instrumentation:

2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11-20111217-11.18.50_2.jpg

Instrument cluster has a tinge of blue which is noticeable:

2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11-20111217-11.19.07_2.jpg

It will look like this at night:

2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11-new-honda-city-speedo.jpg

The VIN number. Sorry but the pic turned up blurred:

2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11-20111217-11.20.05_2.jpg

A shot of the showroom:

2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11-20111217-11.24.05_2.jpg

The lady SP attending to me, noting down my requirements:

2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11-20111217-11.24.02_2.jpg

And they were even courteous enough to give me a ride back to my hotel in a City:

2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11-20111217-12.14.00_2.jpg

2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11-20111217-12.14.09_2.jpg

All in all, a very pleasant experience.

I am booking the new City on 29th December. It will be the Corporate Edition and will be fitted with a Caska unit, component speakers, side-step illuminated garnishes, art leather seat covers, and fog lamps. Rest to follow (alloy wheels, etc.) one by one as I save enough money.
RavenAvi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2011, 11:39   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojmis View Post
Can we get the official Team-BHP review for the facelifted Honda City?
Eagerly waiting to hear from the experts.
I guess we will not have the official review of the City due to mere cosmetics changes.

Read post # 4206
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...pians-281.html
Old 22nd December 2011, 12:43   #164
BHPian

Re: 2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11

Hi Friends,

I visited the Deccan Honda showroom, here in Pimpri, Pune to check out the new City. Some thoughts on the facelift :-

1. The front chrome grill looks awesome on the new dark red color. And the dark red color itself is super cool.
2. They have improved a lot of minor things inside the cabin. For example, the central buttons, which were an eyesore in the previous City, now look like a million bucks.
3. The Blue lighting of the dashboard looks very up market.
4. The rear tail lamp cluster and turn indicators on side mirrors look very good. The blinkers on the ORVM are not full length, but only half of it blinks. The updated fogs and rear bumper do not have a noticeable impact though.
5. The alloys look great, and we now have cruise control on V, but frankly they do not hold enough value to me.

The Deccan Honda guys had only one model for display and test drives were offered on the older version. They also informed me about no discounts and deliveries to commence from last week of January. Booking amount is 50K.

Do check out the car in person. With the improved ground clearance, central console and dashboard, a brilliant new color and an amazing AT engine to go with, this is an unbeatable proposition for me now.

Will be going for it soon, as soon as I arrange the finances.
Old 22nd December 2011, 13:44   #165
PhX
BHPian

Re: 2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
I am booking the new City on 29th December. It will be the Corporate Edition and will be fitted with a Caska unit, component speakers, side-step illuminated garnishes, art leather seat covers, and fog lamps. Rest to follow (alloy wheels, etc.) one by one as I save enough money.
It looks beautiful, and congratulations on your decision. It's really pleasant to note that you had such an awesome experience and they let you take photos and even dropped you back home!

Did they mention by when will the deliveries begin? And may I ask why you've chosen the Corporate Edition?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks