Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2011, 12:37   #106
Senior - BHPian

re: 2012 Honda City launched. Pics on page 11

Honda IMO has got a good spread with 5 trims this time, and one really has to acknowledge that they did not skimp on safety features even on the lowest trim. Everything else can be ignored / fitted after market. Safety features cannot. Only if they offered a S AT it would have been nicer.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2011, 12:45   #107
BHPian

Honda has ditched all the exisiting City owners. The resale price has already dropped which Honda was commanding a premium all these days. Now Honda cars are also priced nearly on par with Ford's depreciation.

1. How did they increase the 5mm ground clearance. Can it be done on the older versions?
2. How much does the new front grill, side rearview mirror casings cost?
3. What is the price for the new Alloy wheel to be bought separately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod332002 View Post
I was really restless after booking an S-MT earlier, wondering whether the new facelift would include a massive price-cut. Really happy to see that I got my car at a steal. Nothing compelling in the new car to force a rethink of my decision to stick with the outgoing model.
Do remember that new SMT comes with Alloywheels.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 30 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 15th December 2011 at 17:26.
Old 15th December 2011, 12:57   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommie

Do remember that new SMT comes with Alloywheels.
Yes, that's probably the only Worthwhile addition for me. I got a 1 lakh discount so even after shelling out 18000 for a new set of alloys, I still save.
Old 15th December 2011, 13:40   #109
BHPian

Well likes and dislikes are subjective, I think the pictures of the car should be in the "Pics of Weird and Wacky Mod jobs" thread.

The grill on the darker colours look garish. I really liked the older version.
Old 15th December 2011, 13:45   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramba View Post
Well likes and dislikes are subjective, I think the pictures of the car should be in the "Pics of Weird and Wacky Mod jobs" thread.

The grill on the darker colours look garish. I really liked the older version.
Whats with Honda and Chrome? They first did it with the Jazz Select and now they've done an encore with the City - one the AC knobs, the door handles, the front grille...

Maybe they've found a supplier who provides chrome at 1 Re/ tonne to them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommie View Post
Honda has ditched all the exisiting City owners. The resale price has already dropped which Honda was commanding a premium all these days. Now Honda cars are also priced nearly on par with Ford's depreciation.

1. How did they increase the 5mm ground clearance. Can it be done on the older versions? - An earlier post has suggested that this is not possible
2. How much does the new front grill, side rearview mirror casings cost?
3. What is the price for the new Alloy wheel to be bought separately. - not sure about the new one, but when I purchased the SMT and looked at the price list, the official Honda alloys were listed at Rs. 48000!

Last edited by vinod332002 : 15th December 2011 at 13:58.
Old 15th December 2011, 13:50   #111
BHPian

Can't help but wondering how fickle the car market scene is!

In Apr this year, my colleague bought a Honda City and one of his biggest counter arguments against T jet was the assured resale value of the car!

Now, either of the winners of the hot debate of Honda City vs T jet will be wondering how things have take shape since. The 'old' City going with 100,000 discount and the T jet with 1,30,000 / - !

But somehow, T- jet followers continue to remain upbeat with the performance and ownership of their cars! And luckily, they do not have to worry about any "upgraded" versions of the T jet hitting the markets - don't think anything can be "more upgraded" than what T jet plus already has!!
Old 15th December 2011, 15:00   #112
Senior - BHPian

A neat update for the City. The new alloys, sunroof, cruise control all add value to the ANHC. But I don't seem to like the orange music player display which looks out of place in the otherwise blue lit interior. The silver finish on the centre console has been changed for good. The tail lamp and rear bumpers are sportier looking than in the previous car. Indicators on the ORVMs look neat. Alloys on the S also now ! Oops current owners might feel cheated though
Old 15th December 2011, 15:42   #113
BHPian

Hello. I just took delivery of my White ANHC S-MT from Crystal Honda today.

I knew that a facelift was around the corner at the time of booking but decided to take the plunge since most of the then rumored changes were cosmetic.

Like someone commented, the facelift gives a slightly different character to the car but will not leave the old owners too disappointed. I completely agree with that observation. I'd have liked to have the slightly increased GC and the alloys on my car as well. It is only human to want more than what one gets.

But to be frank, I have never enjoyed a drive more than the one from the showroom to my home. The GC seems adequate for now and I managed to get an economy of 12kmpl with A.C. on for the entire duration. The buying and delivery experience with Honda has really been great and I am a happy and satisfied customer.
Old 15th December 2011, 15:49   #114
BHPian

This might seem like a stupid question but is the black colour discontinued?? i could not find it on the website nor on the brochure! can someone please clarify this??

Also how does the sunroof work in the city? From the brochure pics it looks like it doesn't open fully like a standard sunroof? Am i missing something??

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 15th December 2011 at 16:10.
Old 15th December 2011, 16:06   #115
BHPian

I bought my SMT in September (actually August end deal), knowing that the new cosmetic variant with some features like ACC would come along in Nov.(as in the Thailand market) ......... although they havent provided ACC and other add ons like the cosmetic changes + the Alloys dont seem to pinch me as SMT now would be 8.9 on road in Delhi, whereas i bought it near the 8 lac figure.

Yes, i do agree that old city buyers would feel disgusted and cheated by Honda.
Old 15th December 2011, 16:39   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namit View Post
I bought my SMT in September (actually August end deal), knowing that the new cosmetic variant with some features like ACC would come along in Nov.(as in the Thailand market) ......... although they havent provided ACC and other add ons like the cosmetic changes + the Alloys dont seem to pinch me as SMT now would be 8.9 on road in Delhi, whereas i bought it near the 8 lac figure.

Yes, i do agree that old city buyers would feel disgusted and cheated by Honda.
AFAIK, the Thailand market doesnt get ACC either.
You make a fair point though about the facelift not pinching. I share the feeling having booked the SMT about 10 days back. Definitely go for the price I paid than the chrome overdose.
The pinch was felt by people who purchased the car last year just before this refresh happened. One of my friends purchased an SMT for 9.8 OTR, Mumbai last year and I snapped one up for 8.5 and he couldnt believe that they'd shaved off over a lakh on the price in less than a year

Last edited by vinod332002 : 15th December 2011 at 16:42.
Old 15th December 2011, 17:08   #117
BHPian

Tell me about it! My BIL bought a City V-AT for 10.5 lacs OTR at Delhi late last year and shortly threafter the prices were slashed.

OTOH (sadistically speaking with a sparkle in the eyes), my Boss faced an identical situation as well, if that is any compensation!
abhi413 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2011, 17:49   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bh.P View Post
If only the Grill is the deal breaker, and nothing else in the facelift excites you, you may want to check if a old model is there in stock right now. You would get it for a steal.
It may sound stupid to be stuck up on a grill but yeah, I am a little specific on certain things. I hate chrome at unnecessary places (like the chrome ORVMs on my Innova). I could have gone for the existing stock but having bought a Figo earlier this year, family doesn't want me to buy another car right now :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by revintup View Post
You could always try. I think it should be very much possible. You could even try exchanging with a pre facelift version. Am sure many would be wanting the new chrome grill for themselves.

As for me, hands off my city. Dont even look at my city. And if my car is without a grill tomorrow morning, I know who to blame.
Yeah, I hope I can work something out with the dealer who might charge a small premium. Would you be interested in the bling-bling grill for an exchange?
Old 15th December 2011, 17:57   #119
BHPian

1. The chrome grill doesn't look all that bad IMO. The door handle chrome was always there in V. Sometime back, Vento owners were complaining lack of chrome garnish on headlamp levelling knob. I would say little bit of chrome on rotary knobs manual AC doesn't look all that bad, but that's my opinion.
2. The orange light on HU looks really out of place. And I thought they'd offer CD player in the OE version? They shouldn't have omitted it.
3. Sunroof - absolutely useless; they could've kept the leather on V MT/AT variant, and kept the price at earlier level. Or maybe added the CD in the HU, and price it as they have now.
4. GC - not sure how this will improve things, need an official T-BHP review, which we didn't have till now for City.

Overall I don't dislike the facelift version too much. Surprising they took off black as a colour option, though.

Last edited by Tats07 : 15th December 2011 at 18:00.
Old 15th December 2011, 19:20   #120
BHPian

So now people can look forward to owning the previous gen City Zx Vtec with much better interiors and quality of parts at a much lesser price. It's a win win situation i say.
Ford5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks