Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2013, 14:29   #241
BHPian

2013 Innova Facelift to launch in Indonesia on August 19

2013 Innova Facelift to launch in Indonesia on August 19:

Source:http://indianautosblog.com/2013/08/t...a-launch-91717

I think TKM will launch it in India as well sometime next month.
Old 15th August 2013, 17:31   #242
BHPian

I have a 2010 VX. Is it possible to get the rear view camera retrofitted at the Toyota showrooms?
Or are there better after market versions available?
Old 16th August 2013, 08:52   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil.nayak View Post
I have a 2010 VX. Is it possible to get the rear view camera retrofitted at the Toyota showrooms?
Or are there better after market versions available?
I doubt if that is possible. Firstly there will be no wiring harness at that point for the camera (it is under the rear door garnish from the inside of back door). Secondly you would need to connect it to the display on the OE audio which is not possible to fit I believe.

After market offers various models and the Innova is a favourite one for them.

Check with your dealer though. If you have good contact with your service advisor he'll advice you appropriately.
karpusv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2013, 09:49   #244
Team-BHP Support

Re: A close look at the 2012 Toyota Innova facelift

Perhaps this is the best time to inject new life into the Innova by bringing in the Variable nozzle turbo that boosts the power to 142PS. That should give the XUV and Duster a run for the money.

I'm guessing they are refraining from doing that so as to not hurt the Fortuner sales.

The 5 speed AT from Fortuner and 142PS in a fully loaded Innova will be very potent highway star.
Old 16th August 2013, 10:27   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroptimist View Post
2013 Innova Facelift to launch in Indonesia on August 19:

Source:http://indianautosblog.com/2013/08/t...a-launch-91717

I think TKM will launch it in India as well sometime next month.
Isn't the 'Facelift' Innova just too aggressive looking a stance? Wouldn't it go against the design philosophy of the Product as a whole?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Perhaps this is the best time to inject new life into the Innova by bringing in the Variable nozzle turbo that boosts the power to 142PS. That should give the XUV and Duster a run for the money.

I'm guessing they are refraining from doing that so as to not hurt the Fortuner sales.

The 5 speed AT from Fortuner and 142PS in a fully loaded Innova will be very potent highway star.
Absolutely true. If the Suspension & chassis can handle the kind of abuse those of numbers, then Toyota should DEFINITELY do it! Its definitely quite a bit underpowered as of now. Ferpect combination of Reliability + Power!
Old 16th August 2013, 10:31   #246
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Absolutely true. If the Suspension & chassis can handle the kind of abuse those of numbers, then Toyota should DEFINITELY do it! Its definitely quite a bit underpowered as of now. Ferpect combination of Reliability + Power!
It can because it is already being sold with 142PS tune in Philippines. They upgraded the Innova to 142PS and even the Fortuner has this 2.5L engine option.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2013, 19:08   #247
BHPian

2013 Toyota Innova facelift

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Isn't the 'Facelift' Innova just too aggressive looking a stance? Wouldn't it go against the design philosophy of the Product as a whole?
Absolutely true. If the Suspension & chassis can handle the kind of abuse those of numbers, then Toyota should DEFINITELY do it! Its definitely quite a bit underpowered as of now. Perfect combination of Reliability + Power!
I usually don't comment about the looks of a vehicle until I have seen it in flesh.

(Firm believer in "Jo baat tujh mein hai teri tasveer mein kahaan!").

With respect to competition I think Innova is still a looker (viz a viz Xylo, Aria, Tavera, Evalia, Stile etc), and more importantly a proven workhorse, that's what matters in this segment.

Come on guys it is after all a van, please be lenient with it's looks.

One more thing is majority of buyers don't care about looks of Innova (or they have wholeheartedly given a thumbs up to current gen Innova's looks, evidenced by the sales numbers).

If the facelift comes with better equipment level and better safety features I would any day sacrifice looks for these features.

As per my insider source there will be no changes to mechanicals, period.

Thanks.
Old 16th August 2013, 21:45   #248
Senior - BHPian

If they plan to get the VNT / VGT with improved fuel efficiency & increase in torque by ~30%, then those numbers can only do better for the (lighter) Innova.

Provided they don't hike the prices too high, Toyota seems all set to RULE the Indian Premium MUV market for the next Decade!

I just wish they keep the current looks and have ABS & EBD as standard for all models at that state of tune. If the current mechanicals can keep up, then nothing better! Maintenance would just be the same task as usual for the service centers.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 16th August 2013 at 21:53.
Old 16th August 2013, 23:05   #249
Distinguished - BHPian

The new facelift, the third since the Innova was launched, makes it look a bit aggressive from its frontal looks and also a bit "Ford Endeavourish." The front grille and the contoured bumper add to the new look.
The earliest Innova was the least aggressive looking of all. Progressively, with every facelift, the looks are becoming aggressive.
To make its road presence felt, especially on our roads, such looks are called for. Many may not be for such looks, but it is logical and practical, once we think of our traffic conditions.
Though the Mahindra Scorpio is placed in the SUV segment, it has been having such aggressive looks from Day 1, ever since it was launched in 2003.
Old 17th August 2013, 14:19   #250
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guys, please continue the discussion of the Indonesian Facelift on this thread.

Thanks!
Old 19th August 2013, 11:07   #251
BHPian

Quote:
It can because it is already being sold with 142PS tune in Philippines. They upgraded the Innova to 142PS and even the Fortuner has this 2.5L engine option.
I went through the Toyota Philippines website and did not find 142PS Innova anywhere. Infact in no country Toyota offers Innova with 142PS diesel engine as per my research.
The most powerful engine offered with Innova (in the middle east) is 2.7 Liter V6 petrol engine generating 158 BHP. Could you point to a source from where you got this info.

Thanks.
Old 22nd August 2013, 20:51   #252
BHPian

Quote:
I went through the Toyota Philippines website and did not find 142PS Innova anywhere. Infact in no country Toyota offers Innova with 142PS diesel engine as per my research.
The most powerful engine offered with Innova (in the middle east) is 2.7 Liter V6 petrol engine generating 158 BHP. Could you point to a source from where you got this info.

Thanks.
Quote:
Vid6639, I am still awaiting your reply. Please point me to the website you got this info from.
Thanks.
Old 22nd August 2013, 21:01   #253
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Vid6639, I am still awaiting your reply. Please point me to the website you got this info from.
Thanks.
Sorry for the confusion I caused. What I meant was that Toyota should get the 2.5L Diesel engine with variable nozzle turbo and 142PS in India.

This engine tune is available in the Fortuner.

Basically the same Innova engine with a VGT is available in the Fortuner and the Fortuner and Innova are on the same platform so I don't see why not.

In other countries Toyota sells the Fortuner with 2.5L and 3.0L diesel engine. To prevent competition with the 2.5L Fortuner the Innova is sold in a lower tune of 102PS. In India we don't get a 2.5L Fortuner and the gap between Fortuner and Innova is pretty big.

Either they should get a stripped down Fortuner with 2.5L and price it very close to top end Innova or spec the Innova with the 142PS tune for top end model.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2013, 11:53   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for the confusion I caused. What I meant was that Toyota should get the 2.5L Diesel engine with variable nozzle turbo and 142PS in India.

This engine tune is available in the Fortuner.

Basically the same Innova engine with a VGT is available in the Fortuner and the Fortuner and Innova are on the same platform so I don't see why not.

In other countries Toyota sells the Fortuner with 2.5L and 3.0L diesel engine. To prevent competition with the 2.5L Fortuner the Innova is sold in a lower tune of 102PS. In India we don't get a 2.5L Fortuner and the gap between Fortuner and Innova is pretty big.

Either they should get a stripped down Fortuner with 2.5L and price it very close to top end Innova or spec the Innova with the 142PS tune for top end model.
I believe they are saving the 2.5L 142bhp VGT engine for the dark hour, when the cheaper monocoques overtake Fortuner numbers & brand by a margin. Then Toyota India will launch the cheaper Fortuner for the masses & the higher full time AWD & the automatic Fortuner will be retained for the Elites.

BTW, the Fortuners do not have many features for the price, so I have not considered stripped down 3L Fortuner here.
Old 28th August 2013, 22:14   #255
BHPian

Apologies. I know that I am responding to a bit older post. Still, happy to share if it helps some one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Plus the DVD touch screen is not useful when driving and when the car is parked generally only the driver is in car.
I agree somewhat. A simple remote (for the "back-benchers") and an integrated navigation app would have tremendously increased the value of this one. But to me, it looks neat. Especially after I saw my colleague's after market fitting of CASKA for the sake of navigation system. It seemed jutting out and with some packing material visible on the sides, I guess I am happy with what I got.

Quote:
Steering mounted controls do not have mute.
I beg to disagree with all due respect. There is a button, MODE, just below the volume controls and if you long-press this, it mutes. (We do have a picture of the steering audio control buttons on the first page of this post for reference) Do that again and you have the voice again. Works well on your audio files and the blue tooth phone. Actually, this is my life-saver when I am on conf calls to and from office. Yes, I had my own share of "getting used to", because if you don't push long enough, then the next music mode comes on. Getting an AM radio tuning noise when you actually want to mute, is not a pleasant thing to have.

Quote:
By the way how many of you here opted for the VX over the GX
Well, I guess I am one. Of course, I had my own reasons.

Being little paranoid on after-market electrical stuff is the foremost. For just changing my stock tyres to XM2s - same specs,the SS guy did put a comment, "Un-recommended Tyres" in the service log. I had to put up a big scene to get it removed so that those little words will not void my warranty on wheel assys.

Also, when we really want to sell, we can yap about all the extra stuff we have put in, but the prospective buyer would just smile and give you the best market quote for GX. (speaking off my selling experience with my previous ride, Ford Ikon)

Last, but not the least, I wanted to get the maximum benefit on the company car lease; very personal.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks