Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2012, 23:52   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: A close look at the 2012 Toyota Innova facelift

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmn View Post
I finally settled for the Tupperware half liter bottles. There is some vibration from the bottles with a cold engine and on bad roads. But then, if anyone finds a better matching bottle, I'll switch too! A colleague said the Aquafina 1 liter bottle should fit. Tried that? I wouldn't prefer that for reuse though!
Guys - all one liter bottles fit in my car at least. Just use a bit of push. That's all.
Old 26th July 2012, 11:21   #152
BANNED

Quote:
Interesting! Wondering why that might be happening. You're sure on the way back you looked after the engine had warmed up?

Agree with your thought of not letting them meddle with it.
Still wondering. Could fuel quality be the culprit? Did you fill diesel from a different pump where the quality of fuel might be suspect, after the service? Might want to try waiting until the low fuel lamp glows (8 L remaining), and then doing a full tank from a reputed pump?
Old 26th July 2012, 17:54   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Still wondering. Could fuel quality be the culprit? Did you fill diesel from a different pump where the quality of fuel might be suspect, after the service? Might want to try waiting until the low fuel lamp glows (8 L remaining), and then doing a full tank from a reputed pump?
I would seriously doubt whether fuel quality plays a role in idling only. IF your engine gets hiccups while driving or there is a non-linear accelaration or jerking, Fuel quality is to be blamed.
Old 28th July 2012, 00:47   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Guys- I think we CAN adjust the same manually.
Yes. even I can't think otherwise. But looking into the engine bay in all possible angles didn't yield a clue where that adjustment could be. Of course, I didn't try tracing it from the gas pedal - that would require some undercarriage aerobics

In any case, I am not sure if a manual adjustment is going to help in my case as it does not stay at 1000 idling always. Last thing I want is to get it stalled in traffic repeatedly and then crank it up, draining the battery and juicing out the starter motor.

Also, I do not think fuel could be the culprit, but I am willing to give it a try next time.
McTurbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2012, 18:09   #155
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTurbo View Post
But looking into the engine bay in all possible angles didn't yield a clue where that adjustment could be. Of course, I didn't try tracing it from the gas pedal - that would require some undercarriage aerobics
Well I guess these adjustments in the ECU are made using on-board diagnostic devices that plug in to the diagnostics port either under the hood or through the OBD-II port under the steering wheel.
Old 30th July 2012, 19:13   #156
BHPian

Surprising that the machine started to behave fairly well today. It was right at the RPM levels that it is supposed to be - through out. So it makes me believe the SA that it adjusts itself (to the driving style?). Thanks for all the inputs and suggestions.

Slightly off-topic: One of my friends just returned after his vacation in TN and he got his second service of his Innova done at Madhurai. He says the experience was amazing. The personnel were so well-behaved and they even shared with him the diagnostic results of his car, including clutch wear, break lining wear, Engine noise (before & after the oil change in db) to mention a few. Is this something to expect in Bangalore as well? My first service experience did not signal anything to expect of that kind in the future. This kind of diagnostic details would at least help us to adjust the driving style to reap long term benefit from the ride.
Old 30th July 2012, 19:15   #157
BANNED

Back to the original topic, I just realized today that my 2012 Innova does not have the word 'Toyota' written anywhere on the outside of the car.

The earlier model used to have a 'Toyota Innova' badge on the hatch. Now it is just 'I N N O V A' written above the number plate.

Quote:
Surprising that the machine started to behave fairly well today. It was right at the RPM levels that it is supposed to be - through out. So it makes me believe the SA that it adjusts itself (to the driving style?). Thanks for all the inputs and suggestions.

Slightly off-topic: One of my friends just returned after his vacation in TN and he got his second service of his Innova done at Madhurai. He says the experience was amazing. The personnel were so well-behaved and they even shared with him the diagnostic results of his car, including clutch wear, break lining wear, Engine noise (before & after the oil change in db) to mention a few. Is this something to expect in Bangalore as well? My first service experience did not signal anything to expect of that kind in the future. This kind of diagnostic details would at least help us to adjust the driving style to reap long term benefit from the ride.
Fantastic. Congrats on the 'return to normalcy'!

I just got my 2nd service done at Ravindu (Avalahalli) on Sat. Other than the fact that the air filter was cleaned and the fluids topped up, no other detail was shared with me. In fact, I used to face some resistance when trying to slot the gear lever in to 2nd, from 3rd or 4th. This problem went away after the service. Not sure if they do some adjustments for this even without the owner reporting trouble (I didn't report it as it was not a big problem)!

Last edited by moralfibre : 31st July 2012 at 08:17. Reason: Note from the Team-bhp Support Staff: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!
Old 30th July 2012, 20:24   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Back to the original topic, I just realized today that my 2012 Innova does not have the word 'Toyota' written anywhere on the outside of the car.

The earlier model used to have a 'Toyota Innova' badge on the hatch. Now it is just 'I N N O V A' written above the number plate.
Hey.. you are right! I just realized it as I read your post. It used to be on the left side of the registration plate. Now we can use that real estate for another team-bhp sticker, I guess.
Attached Thumbnails
A close look at the 2012 Toyota Innova facelift-innova.jpg  

Old 3rd September 2012, 21:43   #159
BHPian

Do they provide a remote control for the ICE on the top end 2012 Innova? I am beginning to get irritated (and distracted, of course..!!) when the middle benchers sneak up and reach out for the screen to change tracks or adjust volume.
Old 5th September 2012, 23:24   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do they provide a remote control for the ICE on the top end 2012 Innova? I am beginning to get irritated (and distracted, of course..!!) when the middle benchers sneak up and reach out for the screen to change tracks or adjust volume.
No ! NOt to the best of my knowledge. You have to either use the steering mounted controls or bear the frustration of co-passengers fiddling it.
Old 20th September 2012, 15:19   #161
BHPian

Lately I am being reminded of the ground clearance of my new ride. Shifting from a Ford Ikon (whose gc was pathetic), I was under the impression that it wont be an issue with the Innova. The other day, heard the bottom-scraping-sound while negotiating a bad patch. Back in garage, while examining the under carriage, found that there is a cross connector (kinda I-section beam) which runs under the chasis and that has scraped the earth. Given the fact that I was the lone passenger driver at that time, am being extra cautious over the humps now, more so when more seats are taken.
Old 20th September 2012, 15:41   #162
Senior - BHPian

^^ I guess the long wheelbase of Innova also the contributed to your misery.
Old 20th September 2012, 19:28   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Lately I am being reminded of the ground clearance of my new ride. Shifting from a Ford Ikon (whose gc was pathetic), I was under the impression that it wont be an issue with the Innova. The other day, heard the bottom-scraping-sound while negotiating a bad patch. Back in garage, while examining the under carriage, found that there is a cross connector (kinda I-section beam) which runs under the chasis and that has scraped the earth. Given the fact that I was the lone passenger driver at that time, am being extra cautious over the humps now, more so when more seats are taken.
Yes that part near the front axle is bound to hit ground. Having faced similar problem in our Apr 2012 Innova, I can surely say that Toyota should have rectified this problem since long. I have seen several Innovas have this problem and when fully laden this problem just gets bigger.

Moreover, our car also had some sort of recall. Under this recall, our steering shaft and/or yoke was changed. Since first day, I felt some play or rather not even steering movement. This was confirmed by Toyota and quitely this was changed in several Innovas.

We recently had a crash where our Innova rear ended a Wagon R. Dad was driving and he managed to brake hard, but the wet discs means that braking was less effective. Eventually the repair bill was Rs. 48XXX/-.

The parts are very costly. Would be posting images of crash.
aaggoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2012, 10:56   #164
BANNED

Quote:
Yes, at 176mm, it is only marginally higher than most sedans. But remember, the ride quality and suspension set up depend upon this lower GC. As for me, I moved to my present ride from a Verna, which was great in terms of GC (170 or 172 mm, can't remember now). So from a GC standpoint, I drive the Innova with the same expectation as my previous Verna, and there have been no kiss the earth situations so far. :-)
Old 27th September 2012, 18:32   #165
Senior - BHPian

Toyota introduces the Innova Aero (Limited Edition) with prices ranging from Rs 12,25,677/- and Rs 12,30,207/- ex-showroom Delhi.

There will be 1200 units on sale till Dec 2012, available in Super White and Silver Mica Metallic body colour.

The Innova Aero is based on the existing GX Grade and is available in options of a 7 seater and an 8 seater. The Innova Aero is available in Euro III and Euro IV.

Features are as follows:

- Dual Tone Front Bumper Spoiler

- Dual Tone Rear Bumper Spoiler

- Side Skirt

- Roof Spoiler

- Aero Emblem

A close look at the 2012 Toyota Innova facelift-toyota-innova-aero-limited-edition-sept12-custom.jpg

A close look at the 2012 Toyota Innova facelift-toyota-innova-aero-limited-edition-sept12-2.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 27th September 2012 at 19:37. Reason: Updating with our own news item :)
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks