Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2012, 21:25   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: A close look at the 2012 Toyota Innova facelift

@ajit_72: 4Speed Auto will never ever be as good as a 7 speed auto.

I absolutely cannot fathom why Toyota keeps flogging this 4 Speed for so many years, even in North American markets after the world has moved on to 7 and 8 speeds.
Old 7th March 2012, 00:24   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict
@ajit_72: 4Speed Auto will never ever be as good as a 7 speed auto.

I absolutely cannot fathom why Toyota keeps flogging this 4 Speed for so many years, even in North American markets after the world has moved on to 7 and 8 speeds.
Agreed completely. Toyota launched new Corolla with 7 speed CVT with Tiptronic mode in India but in USA, they are still selling age old 4 speed auto and surprisingly it sells in good numbers.

I think there is huge market for Innova AT for private owners that Toyota is missing out.
Old 7th March 2012, 02:02   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Just noticed - The Innova V variant loses cruise control right? AFAIK, cruise control was a part of the pre-facelift Innova V variant! And any one has a rough idea how much is the price increase variant to variant compared to pre-facelift ?
Old 7th March 2012, 06:03   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious
Just noticed - The Innova V variant loses cruise control right? AFAIK, cruise control was a part of the pre-facelift Innova V variant! And any one has a rough idea how much is the price increase variant to variant compared to pre-facelift ?
Hey, I own a 2010 Innova V (VX), it does not come with cruise control. It was never there.
vishnugs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2012, 11:38   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Innova 'V' never had cruise control.

After the minor facelift (Gen. 2 Innova), they only added steering mounted controls & ACC in the Innova.
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2012, 11:47   #111
BHPian

Saw the face-lifted Innova yesterday. It looks good head-on. The new grill is more car/SUV-like and adds character to the vehicle, but there is a slight bump on the hood which is noticeable when viewed from the side and that ruins the looks of the hood from the side.
Old 7th March 2012, 12:49   #112
BHPian

Saw the new Innova. It looks like a chinese van now. Honestly, I didn't like the front, the rear looks good though.
Gen 2 innova - the one with the minor facelift- is the one which i love! My friend has it. White car + dark black tints +pete's box+ black alloys =
Old 7th March 2012, 15:27   #113
BHPian

we just bought the new innova and i personally feel this is the best looking Innova. It looks more car like & drives like one too. We got the G version where the grille was not chrome (Dark brown) which looked perfect. The space, comfort, suspension & easy driving manners makes this best MUV in the segment ever after so many years.
Old 7th March 2012, 15:50   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
we just bought the new innova and i personally feel this is the best looking Innova.
Congrtas on the new car! Please do start an ownership thread and bestow us with some pics too!
Old 30th March 2012, 15:14   #115
Senior - BHPian

An Update for All Innova Fans:

Source and Credits: Autocar India Magazine - April Issue

There is an all new Innova planned in 2014 on a new platform, with new body and Lo Behold - More spacious 3rd row seat and more space on the boot too. Yes it translates to the fact that the body (length) will be longer too).

This looks like a perfect receipie but i pray they should not increase the price and make it 20 lacs OTR for the V version.

MODS: I dont think we need a separate thread for this since this is just a pre-mature information.
scopriobharath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2012, 19:42   #116
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
The Audio system (HU) is good. It has Dolby decoder built in. If you replace the stock speakers with Aftermarket JBLs or Infinitys with an amp and Sub, it would do the trick. This would set you back by around 20K at the max. Exchange your stock speakers at the dealership itself as some G / E owner would like to pick them up.
Just a information that the G variant comes with 4 stock speakers (There is no head unit, and there are no tweeters).
Old 2nd April 2012, 15:26   #117
BHPian

Its the GX variant that comes with 4 stock speakers without the HU.
E never had them & G Grade does not come with it anymore since 2011.
Old 2nd April 2012, 19:55   #118
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by karpusv View Post
Its the GX variant that comes with 4 stock speakers without the HU.
E never had them & G Grade does not come with it anymore since 2011.
I stand corrected. How could I forget, I bought the GX variant in Feb. I hate Toyota's variant names and suffixes in India. E, G, GX, VX. And wonder why there is no V between GX and VX? :-)

Also, when they sell GX, why don't they display GX (and not G) on the tailgate!

It was so easy with the Corolla in the US - CE, VE, LE, Sports - that's it!
sdmn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2012, 17:04   #119
Senior - BHPian

I read in April Issue of Autocar that Avanza was / is premiered in Bankok Auto show and It is supposedly positioned at/below Current Innova. The intersting thing is that Autocar mentioned that Innvova is being placed in a premium segment.

Questions:

Would a toyota Avanza at 12 lacs sell in India? Ertiga Top Model sells for 10 OTR so Avanza should be priced at 12 OTR. Avanza and Ertiga are for the same segment.

If Innova is sold at a premium here (re-positioned) would the market digest it ? India IMHO is not matured enough to pay 20 lacs for a MUV / Van (Soccer Mom / kid Kind of Usage in USA).
Old 27th April 2012, 07:26   #120
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
I read in April Issue of Autocar that Avanza was / is premiered in Bankok Auto show and It is supposedly positioned at/below Current Innova. The intersting thing is that Autocar mentioned that Innvova is being placed in a premium segment.

Questions:

Would a toyota Avanza at 12 lacs sell in India? Ertiga Top Model sells for 10 OTR so Avanza should be priced at 12 OTR. Avanza and Ertiga are for the same segment.

If Innova is sold at a premium here (re-positioned) would the market digest it ? India IMHO is not matured enough to pay 20 lacs for a MUV / Van (Soccer Mom / kid Kind of Usage in USA).
Why should Innova be re-positioned? Avanza is an Ertiga-sized small MPV, and should be getting in the same price category (if launched in India).
Innova should remain in the same segment where it is. But yes, in some markets Innova is sold with a higher price tag compared to the Corolla Altis.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks