Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2012, 08:58   #121
Team-BHP Support

Re: A close look at the 2012 Toyota Innova facelift

Fantastic news. I would have two top priority wish lists from the next gen innova (offering them on current variant is also brilliant of course).

1. An A/T option; and
2. Improved power and torque figures.

Everything else in that vehicle is acceptable I guess, even willing to tolerate the underwhelming interiors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
An Update for All Innova Fans:

Source and Credits: Autocar India Magazine - April Issue

There is an all new Innova planned in 2014 on a new platform, with new body and Lo Behold - More spacious 3rd row seat and more space on the boot too. Yes it translates to the fact that the body (length) will be longer too).

This looks like a perfect receipie but i pray they should not increase the price and make it 20 lacs OTR for the V version.

MODS: I dont think we need a separate thread for this since this is just a pre-mature information.
Old 27th April 2012, 09:20   #122
BANNED

I would add - A less noisy and more efficient engine, which would deliver better fuel mileage. A reworked overdrive with a lower ratio is also long overdue!
Old 27th April 2012, 16:05   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Why should Innova be re-positioned? Avanza is an Ertiga-sized small MPV, and should be getting in the same price category (if launched in India).
Innova should remain in the same segment where it is. But yes, in some markets Innova is sold with a higher price tag compared to the Corolla Altis.
Innova is expected with a All New Platform, all New Engine and Body in about 2/3 years from now. Since this is a complete facelift, I am pretty sure the cost will go up too. I am expecting Innova V to sell at 18 lacs OTR at the very least. Anything less and toyota would have exceeded my expectations. MY Questions if if an MPV would sell at 20 lacs in India. Is toyota assuming that the market would mature in 3 years. Maybe they would re-position Innova as a crossover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Fantastic news. I would have two top priority wish lists from the next gen innova (offering them on current variant is also brilliant of course).

1. An A/T option; and
2. Improved power and torque figures.

Everything else in that vehicle is acceptable I guess, even willing to tolerate the underwhelming interiors.
Same Here. I would also like it if innova comes with an 4X4/AWD like in Aria / XUV.
Old 5th May 2012, 22:18   #124
BANNED

Does anyone know which stock speakers the 2012 GX variant comes with?

I installed a Pioneer AVH-P3490DVD and connected them to stock speakers, and found the sound quality acceptable. Curious to know which make and wattage rating the speakers are of.
Old 29th May 2012, 18:56   #125
Senior - BHPian

There may be an increase in Innova Prices in the tune of 20,000. The reason quoted is Yen Vs Rupee fall. . they have not promised that if rupee gains, they would rollback the hike

People planning on an Innova / anyother vehicle its time to act fast.
Old 2nd June 2012, 17:38   #126
Senior - BHPian

Innova Prices increased by 1%

Approx price increase in the range of 12,000 across all models

Source: Cartradeindia

Reason: Rupee Depreciation VS Yen
Old 5th June 2012, 21:27   #127
Senior - BHPian

Checked up the price list of Innova at the Toyota site and was astonished to see that Toyota does not sell BS IV compliant Innovas in Kochi. The list says BS IV Diesels as N/A where as Petrol versions are available. Funny.
Old 5th June 2012, 23:50   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Innova Prices increased by 1%

Approx price increase in the range of 12,000 across all models

Source: Cartradeindia

Reason: Rupee Depreciation VS Yen
I guess I just made it by a whisker since I took delivery of my 2.5 VX 7S on 30th May. The revised price list at Ravindu Toyota's (Bangalore) website shows a difference of 14K ex-showroom.
Attached Images

McTurbo is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2012, 15:01   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Checked up the price list of Innova at the Toyota site and was astonished to see that Toyota does not sell BS IV compliant Innovas in Kochi. The list says BS IV Diesels as N/A where as Petrol versions are available. Funny.
The dealer can sell you a BS4 Innova. Check with the dealer and also escalate to the customer service helpline. Its not rocket science to route one BS4 Innova to the truck that carrys Innovas to Kochi. They will do it 100 times.
Old 6th June 2012, 15:53   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTurbo View Post
I guess I just made it by a whisker since I took delivery of my 2.5 VX 7S on 30th May. The revised price list at Ravindu Toyota's (Bangalore) website shows a difference of 14K ex-showroom.
Congrats on the purchase - Do open an initial owner ship review thread . What color was the innova and what all accessories did you purchase. Innova has always been my dream car.
Old 7th June 2012, 07:18   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on the purchase - Do open an initial owner ship review thread . What color was the innova and what all accessories did you purchase.
Thanks. For sure I will start an initial ownership thread soon. Just waiting for some more real miles and more feel of the car (today the odo just crossed 100). By the way, I went for Silver and have not really accessorized it yet. Scouting around for a front bumper guard and side visors for the time being. Will leave the ICE as is for now. Of course I exchanged the full set of Goodyear shoes for Michelin energy XM2 (all the reasoning, begging, pleading, screaming to the dealer didn't yield a Bridgestone . More about the buying experience on the ownership thread soon)
McTurbo is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2012, 17:44   #132
JRD
BHPian

is it possible to install additional roof mounted screens/displays for the rear passengers with the stock innova vx headunit?
Old 11th June 2012, 18:51   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD View Post
is it possible to install additional roof mounted screens/displays for the rear passengers with the stock innova vx headunit?
Yes its possible. You might have to cut wires for it i guess. Alternatively you get adapters that give an additional video line in out, in parallel to the default dispaly for the roof unit.

In a word - Yes its possible. Pretty easy and straigh-forward
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2012, 19:04   #134
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD View Post
I remember Ravindu Toyota salesman telling me it is possible with the VX, though I eventually went for the GX and installed a Pioneer in dash DVD unit.

Key point to note is that with the VX, the in dash unit does not display video unless the parking brake is enabled. My understanding is that this does not affect the rear screen that are fed by the line out terminals. You must ask before going ahead to be sure.

With aftermarket in dash DVD's, installers don't connect the green wire to the parking brake signal, bypassing this safety feature.
sdmn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2012, 21:46   #135
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
The dealer can sell you a BS4 Innova. Check with the dealer and also escalate to the customer service helpline. Its not rocket science to route one BS4 Innova to the truck that carrys Innovas to Kochi
Same here, dealer in our City claims that he cannot sell a BS4 Innova. Spoke to TKM guys & they say the same thing, "BS4 only for Metros". I told him that I care about the environment & want to do my bit, thus opting for BS4 but sorry doesn't sound a bell to them!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks