Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2013, 11:56   #211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post

By the way how many of you here opted for the VX over the GX
I opted for the vx simply because I didn't want anything after market in the car. The instrument cluster is different, alloys, steering mounted controls , acc makes the center console look complete rather than knobs, chrome bits etc. I am very Paranoid about any panels or wires touched after factory fitting.

Mine was non Octroi passing and I did get a discount which I have been asked not to disclose at all. I also got mats and mud flaps and immediate delivery. It was not a show car or test drive car.
Old 8th March 2013, 21:37   #212
BHPian

Re: A close look at the 2012 Toyota Innova facelift

It is done

We booked Innova GX Metallic Blue in Hyderabad. After seeing around realized that Innova or Rexton have become the obvious choices. Rest of the cars have become too expensive. I am feeling maybe I have lost some perspective with respect to value of what a rupee can buy after seeing how exorbitant the prices are.

Coming to the booking process, we got it for prices that were before the price hike as the car was billed in February. We planning to take the delivery on Thursday. Loans and rest of the process will be initiated tomorrow. In the new GX, manual controls for AC look a little different compared to the 2006 model. But one good thing, car is less noisy compared to the older model. Any idead when and what did they change in the engine.
Old 8th March 2013, 21:40   #213
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It is done

We booked Innova GX Metallic Blue in Hyderabad. After seeing around realized that Innova or Rexton have become the obvious choices. Rest of the cars have become too expensive. I am feeling maybe I have lost some perspective with respect to value of what a rupee can buy after seeing how exorbitant the prices are.
Congratulations. So finally the Innova did win again. What was the final OTR for the vehicle? Also this comes with ABS and driver Airbag right?
Any reasons for not considering the Rexton and the XUV?
Old 8th March 2013, 22:11   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Congratulations. So finally the Innova did win again. What was the final OTR for the vehicle? Also this comes with ABS and driver Airbag right?
Any reasons for not considering the Rexton and the XUV?
Thanks Dr.

Yes the 2013 Innova GX now comes with Driver Air bag/ABS/Driver Seat Height Adjust. Infact these features were present only in the Top end Model in 2006. Now hunt for the entertainment system is on. Pre Excise Duty hike rate at which I booked is Rs 14,38,280/-. Post hike the prices are Rs 14,81,000/-. A net difference of 43,000/- for a car that was born a day later , no matter how much money the government gets it never seems to suffice.

I really liked the Rexton. Loved everything about it. We went with a mind to look at the Manual but after test driving the Automatic, we were floored by it. My sister really enjoyed driving the car. This was her first time driving such a big car and she really felt it easy to drive. Light steering helps. Further the car pulled to 150 really fast without any strain. Paddle Shifters, Sunroof and extra made us consider Automatic over the Manual. The price difference of 2,70,000/- between the 2 variants is totally worth here. Last row is more comfortable than the Santa Fe. Seating cross legged seemed the best option for adults. Auto would have taken a delivery time of atleast 2 months. Immediate Delivery was a priority.

One case was if Innova was not offered at the older prices, we would have gone ahead and purchased the Rexton. By the way the prices of Rexton also shot up by 50k today. Still a vfm buy compared to the competition. Fortuner, PS, Santa Fe, Captiva are all in the 27-30 bracket and either feel spartan or do not have much space.

in between I checked Ertiga for the first time. Maruti has done a brilliant job with the spacing. Sliding middle row creates ample amount of space. Probably the best rear seat after Innova/Xylo. Even better than the Aria

Last edited by indian21r : 8th March 2013 at 22:19.
indian21r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2013, 22:06   #215
BHPian

Went and checked the GX at the dealership today. I was happy to see some basic necessities added over the 2006 version of G4.
ABS
Air Bag (Driver Side)
Electrical Adjustment for Mirrors.
Rear Sonar (This looked like a very recent update as it was not reflected in the brochure), not body colored though.

Somehow the new Manual Controls for AC standout like a sore thumb. The older ones were classy. Front grill is no longer body colored. It is plastic but looks good.

Tires are Goodyear GT3. Will check the reviews on them and maybe upgrade if I get a good price. My driver looked at the engine bay and feels that the layout is quite different. Would have preferred no Silver accents on the steering wheel. But it is livable compared to the VX model which standouts too much.
Old 20th March 2013, 10:53   #216
BHPian

We picked our Innova GX Blue Metallic on Monday. Initially I was not too happy to pay 50% premium for the same car after 6 years. But after seeing the changes and additional features, I feel slightly better now The additional features over 2006 G4 are:

Intercooler
Driver Air Bag
Driver Seat Height Adjust
ABS
Electrically Adjustable Mirrors
Keyless Entry
Reverse Parking Sensor
Side Cladding
Improved Horn, Buzzer if Headlights are on when engine is off.

This Blue Metallic is a new color that was launched across the 10+ Lakhs Toyota Range. This will actually be the 3rd blue car in the family after Verna and Swift. Defining the color is difficult. So a few pictures of our new Ride.
A close look at the 2012 Toyota Innova facelift-img_20130318_085428.jpg

A close look at the 2012 Toyota Innova facelift-img_20130318_085435.jpg

A close look at the 2012 Toyota Innova facelift-img_20130318_090124.jpg

A close look at the 2012 Toyota Innova facelift-img_20130318_090419.jpg
indian21r is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th March 2013, 12:18   #217
Senior - BHPian

For those confused between the Rexton and Innova, Patankar at NDTV's Car & Bike show said Mahindra is very keen to bring in the Rodius from Ssangyong. That car is actually ahead of the Korando in priority for the company.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/03/06/2...o-geneva-2013/

We may finally get an automatic minivan, just not from Toyota.
Old 28th March 2013, 12:40   #218
BANNED

Congratulations, nice color! Good to see that they added the sonar to the features list. My Feb 2012 Innova GX did not come with it and I got a camera installed to go with the in dash DVD system.

Can you post pictures of the internals of the sonar? I'm curious to see how the factory fitted ones look like.

Quote:
We picked our Innova GX Blue Metallic on Monday. Initially I was not too happy to pay 50% premium for the same car after 6 years. But after seeing the changes and additional features, I feel slightly better now The additional features over 2006 G4 are:

Intercooler
Driver Air Bag
Driver Seat Height Adjust
ABS
Electrically Adjustable Mirrors
Keyless Entry
Reverse Parking Sensor
Side Cladding
Improved Horn, Buzzer if Headlights are on when engine is off.
sdmn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2013, 20:54   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmn View Post
Can you post pictures of the internals of the sonar? I'm curious to see how the factory fitted ones look like.
Well the factory fitted was like in the previous model V which now comes with camera. It comes with a on/off switch next to Cigarette lighter. There are only 2 sensors at the back but they seem to cover a good area. here is a snap
A close look at the 2012 Toyota Innova facelift-img_20130309_175616.jpg

sdmn was yours January manufactured. Mine is from Feb and they had sensors on the February cars but only in GX

Last edited by indian21r : 28th March 2013 at 20:58.
Old 29th March 2013, 00:45   #220
BANNED

Quote:
Well the factory fitted was like in the previous model V which now comes with camera. It comes with a on/off switch next to Cigarette lighter. There are only 2 sensors at the back but they seem to cover a good area. here is a snap
Attachment 1066997

sdmn was yours January manufactured. Mine is from Feb and they had sensors on the February cars but only in GX
Thanks!

However, I was looking for the interior pic. Does it come with a display or just a buzzer?

Mine was feb but 2012, not 13!
Old 4th April 2013, 21:24   #221
Senior - BHPian

Is anyone aware how to get a side cladding for the Innova? I have a metallic dark grey Innova and would want to stick a dark grey plastic cladding on the sides. It is not available as a Toyota accessory nor is it available as an aftermarket fitment.

Couple of questions?

1) Can the Fortuner's cladding be fitted onto Innova in some way?

2) Does anyone has any experience with a custom made cladding? I searched on the net and Bimbra industries website says that they make custom claddings for SUV/MUV
Old 4th April 2013, 22:25   #222
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks!

However, I was looking for the interior pic. Does it come with a display or just a buzzer?

Mine was feb but 2012, not 13!
Oh my bad I did not see this. Anyway here is the pic. Now there are 2 charging points, 3 if you consider the ice

app seems to be crashing while uploading attachments
Attached Images

Last edited by indian21r : 4th April 2013 at 22:39.
indian21r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2013, 18:29   #223
BANNED

Quote:
Oh my bad I did not see this. Anyway here is the pic. Now there are 2 charging points, 3 if you consider the ice
Thanks so much. So you just switch on the sensor, and it alerts using a buzzer with different beeps for different proximities. There are no visual alerts or displays in this stock fitting. Am I right?
Old 5th April 2013, 18:39   #224
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks so much. So you just switch on the sensor, and it alerts using a buzzer with different beeps for different proximities. There are no visual alerts or displays in this stock fitting. Am I right?
Yeah it gives a buzzer. And it is an on/off switch as well. Innova now has some really useful and functional features
Old 5th April 2013, 18:44   #225
BANNED

Quote:
Yeah it gives a buzzer. And it is an on/off switch as well. Innova now has some really useful and functional features
Cool, thanks for confirming! Yes, agree. Except for the sensors, the 2012 Innova had all other stuff you mentioned. They're cool.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks