Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2012, 16:59   #1111
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvvinod View Post
is there any chance of getting a 4x4 option EcoSport ?
As far as the communiction in the Auto expo launch, it is based on the same platform of new fiesta which is a Sedan, having a front wheel drive like any other car.
Now, for a four wheel drive, there is a need of propeller shaft running all the way along the centre tunnel to the differential on the rear axle.
Not sure, if such thing can be possible on a monocoque with out a chassis frame under the body?
IMHO!

Regards,
Maverick79
Old 19th July 2012, 17:17   #1112
BHPian

I'm not sure if this video has been shared on this thread but this is a good overview of the ecosport by the chief designer of the car,Ehab Kaoud.

sharninder is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th July 2012, 21:36   #1113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
Yes, ecoboost is a range of turbo-charged petrol engines developed by Ford. Ford has 4 displacement ecoboost engines (1L, 1.6L, 2L and 3.5L). The 1L will be the one available with the ecosport.
Though all are called 'ecoboost' the 1L 3 pot mill is a generation ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
Now, for a four wheel drive, there is a need of propeller shaft running all the way along the centre tunnel to the differential on the rear axle.
Not sure, if such thing can be possible on a monocoque with out a chassis frame under the body?
Lots of counter-examples, but how about the XUV?

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2012, 14:01   #1114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta
Though all are called 'ecoboost' the 1L 3 pot mill is a generation ahead.

Regards
Sutripta
Exactly. This engine will also bring some parity to the petrol-diesel comparisons, even if the price of petrol is never going to be comparable to that of diesel. Modern diesels are fuel efficient, torquey, and even fun to drive, while being compared with small capacity NA petrols. With this engine, we will have an example of how well a petrol can perform with the benefit of the same technology. Though the Skoda TSI was here before, they are possibly not as advanced (common rail?) and also relatively less accessible to the majority.

When the Ecosport is launched, I will be most interested to see how it performs with this engine.
Old 22nd July 2012, 23:17   #1115
BHPian

Looks like Powershift Auto Gear may be on cards for Ecosport India. This will really make things interesting for customers.

Source : IndianAutoBlog

Spy - Ford EcoSport with PowerShift AT in India
Old 22nd July 2012, 23:21   #1116
Senior - BHPian

And notice the lack of foglamps too in this powershift variant! I am guessing the variants will be similar to what the Fiesta is now.

Style & Titanium in Petrol MT/AT and the TDCi! I am also hoping that ABS/EBD/Airbags are offered across all variants
Old 23rd July 2012, 10:15   #1117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As far as the communiction in the Auto expo launch, it is based on the same platform of new fiesta which is a Sedan, having a front wheel drive like any other car.
Monocoque cars can have 4WD, as we have many examples like CRV, Yeti, Captiva, Sanata fe etc.
Also, being based on a car platform doesn't put constraints on creating a 4WD version. CRV is based on Civic platform, Outlander on Lancer and Yeti on Laura (which goes back to Golf hatchback)
Old 23rd July 2012, 17:41   #1118
BHPian

Ford EcoSport spotted with dual clutch automatic.

Ford EcoSport spotted with dual-clutch automatic - CarWale News
iSpoke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2012, 14:19   #1119
BHPian

The more I read about the Ecosport (and the Duster), the more I'm interested in this vehicle. I've gone through what is there on Ford's official website and even if all of those goodies are reserved for the top variant, it's looking too good.

Has the car been officially launched in Brazil? I've been trying to find some good test drive videos but haven't found any? Has anyone seen any review of the Brazil version of the car?

I really hope Ford keeps the price to a reasonably amount. I'm in for a new car and this is the only SUV/Urban SUV style vehicle I'm interested in right now. If not, I'll probably go for a Sedan.
Old 24th July 2012, 14:22   #1120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
Ford can price the EcoSport below the Duster (due to excise duty benefits). However, I'm not expecting any Figo-like pricing strategy for EcoSport. Figo is basically "old wine in new bottle", so Ford could afford to price it low. That's not the case with EcoSport.

At < 4m, EcoSport would essentially be only as large as some of the premium hatchbacks, with an advantage in GC and probably headroom. Looks are subjective. To take advantage of the "SUV" looks, Ford might price EcoSport 20-30K more than comparable premium hatchbacks. I would expect top-end diesel EcoSport at very close to 10L OTR in most places.
Exactly my thoughts. I think Ford should price it atleast similar to the Duster, but my head says it'll probably be more expensive.

They have the excise benefits but then the car's equipment level is also higher.
Old 24th July 2012, 15:12   #1121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
Has the car been officially launched in Brazil? I've been trying to find some good test drive videos but haven't found any? Has anyone seen any review of the Brazil version of the car?
It has not been launched in Brazil yet, however the online bookings have opened up & they are getting a good response. Couple of days back Ford Brazil did some marketing event called Ecosport Parade, in which the likes of Ronaldinho (Brazilian soccer star) participated. The probable launch date in Brazil is 3/4th August. Will get to see the reviews of the Brazilian Ecosport only after it is launched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
I really hope Ford keeps the price to a reasonably amount. I'm in for a new car and this is the only SUV/Urban SUV style vehicle I'm interested in right now. If not, I'll probably go for a Sedan.
Samepinch. Mee too eagerly waiting for the Ecosport to be launched here in India. Duster & Ecosport are on the top of my priority list. However I am not going to jump the gun just yet (don't want to be a part of the mad rush). Will wait for at least a year, to see the onroad performance, user feedbacks, service support, spares costs, etc. Also one year should be a sufficient time to fix any teething troubles in a newly launched car.
Old 24th July 2012, 15:42   #1122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian

It has not been launched in Brazil yet, however the online bookings have opened up & they are getting a good response. Couple of days back Ford Brazil did some marketing event called Ecosport Parade, in which the likes of Ronaldinho (Brazilian soccer star) participated. .
It was Robinho and not Ronaldinho. When do the deliveries start?
Old 25th July 2012, 08:51   #1123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian

It has not been launched in Brazil yet, however the online bookings have opened up & they are getting a good response. Couple of days back Ford Brazil did some marketing event called Ecosport Parade, in which the likes of Ronaldinho (Brazilian soccer star) participated. The probable launch date in Brazil is 3/4th August. Will get to see the reviews of the Brazilian Ecosport only after it is launched.
Alright. Thanks for the clarification. Since this will also be a global car, the reviews from Brazil will more or less tell us what to expect of this car.
Old 25th July 2012, 09:28   #1124
BHPian

Quote:
IMHO!

Regards,
Maverick79
A lot will depend on how the sedan platform was designed. Does it have provisions for 4 wheel drive system? For example the difference between the Polo and the Fabia platform is that the Polo is based on a new design which can accommodate a 4 wheel drive version whereas the Fabia is based on the old platform which does not have that.
Old 25th July 2012, 12:54   #1125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi.robin View Post
For example the difference between the Polo and the Fabia platform is that the Polo is based on a new design which can accommodate a 4 wheel drive version
OT for sure, but out of curiosity - why would they incorporate such a feature on a Polo? My only guess is that VW is planning an affordable competitor for the EcoSport the same platform?

I've heard about the platform difference while comparing the Fabia and the Polo during my buying/deciding process. But, never got a definite answer. Maybe it's time.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks