Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2014, 09:41   #151
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Halo - The Electric Sports Car

Nice! ...
It seems that Mahindra have gone with their vehicle naming scheme again (i.e., ending with an 'o'). But Halo is a nice name, mysterious to be precise. Can't wait to see the prototypes and mules on the road.
Looks like Mahindra Reva wants to go 'niche' again ...
Old 3rd February 2014, 10:14   #152
BANNED

Hero MotoCorp to unviel a 600cc superbike code named - "Hastur" at the Auto Expo'14.

Here is the link:

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/29793328.cms

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 10:23   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

Would love to see M&M doing this and being successful too! I think the guts to do this deserve a special mention. Sure M&M is going all the way in making every Indian proud.

That's quite a spec that's been looked at.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 12:01   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
Mahindra REVA will unveil the Mahindra Halo, a two-door, two-seater electric sports car concept at the AutoExpo according to AutocarIndia. It will be a two door, two seater electric car.
Dear mate, I would slightly beg to differ on this detail of the Halo from you. As per I.A.B sources a four-door sports car concept is christened ‘HALO’.
The Mega Auto Expo 2014 Thread: General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-teslamodelssidepressshot1024x682.jpg
The concept will not be a two-seater – two-door car, but a proper five-seater in fact with four doors. Design wise, the concept is said to feature a vintage-car-like look at the front.

The concept will feature four doors and seating for five adults, much like the Tesla Model S.

Thanks

AD

Source: http://indianautosblog.com/2014/02/m...rts-car-115302

Disclaimer: The image of Tesla is for reference only. The actual car may differ in reality.
Old 4th February 2014, 10:22   #155
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Mega Auto Expo 2014 Thread: General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics

Team,

We're headed to Noida this evening for covering the 2014 Auto Expo.

For those of you who can't make it, we assure you of detailed reports that'll ensure you haven't missed out on anything.

A new forum section - Auto Expo 2014 - has been created. General Auto Expo discussions can continue in this thread. Each manufacturer, however, will get a dedicated new thread in this section.

Expect the reports to start rolling in from tomorrow, 2nd half.
GTO is offline   (85) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 12:11   #156
BHPian

Re: Global Motorcycles to be displayed at Auto Expo 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperRetard View Post
United Motors Global, a motorcycle manufacturer from the US, will bring its motorcycles to the 2014 Delhi Auto Expo. The Miami-based bike manufacturer will not be launching any of the products at the event but will exhibit their range of motorcycles there.

According to Autocar Professional’s report, UM Motorcycles plans to set up a manufacturing plant or an assembly facility in India in the future. The manufacturer might also come up with a Research and Development centre in the country. The company will announce the details of their plans at the New Delhi Auto Expo scheduled next month.

UM motorcycles sell single-cylinder two-wheelers in about 20 countries including Latin America, Africa and Asia. Their portfolio includes all kinds of two-wheelers such as sports bikes, scooters, cruisers and dual purpose motorcycles, all of which range from 100cc to 250cc.

Source: here
Do these bikes and scooters from United Motors have resemblance to bikes and scooters in the indian market? Did anyone notice or is it just me?

The 2nd and 6th pic look really similar to the Hero Impulse, bike in 4th pic look very similar to our Yamaha FZ16 and the scooter in the 5th pic has an uncanny resemblance to the Honda Dio. Is this not so?
Old 4th February 2014, 14:53   #157
BHPian

So Hyundai Xcent is the Grand i10 sedan. Wondering how close they came to naming it as Accent - by purpose or simply co-incidence?
Old 4th February 2014, 15:29   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by p'arth View Post
So Hyundai Xcent is the Grand i10 sedan. Wondering how close they came to naming it as Accent - by purpose or simply co-incidence?
Loved the Hyundai Xcent. Hyundai is really bringing on its A game to the Indian Market ever since they launched the i20 here. But a wired choice of name. Looks like they have tried to cash in on the popularity of the Accent. Whoever coined that name must have been inspired by the Chinese cloners! Its like cloning the MacBook Air and calling it the MaxBook Air. But guys, in this case, Accent was/is your own product! You might as well have called it the new Accent.

The C1 segment is really heating up with Dzire, Amaze and now the Xcent. These cars seem be to pulling the right strings for Indian consumers with quality interiors and features. Hyundai have a winner here given that the equipment level and general fit and finish will be on par or better than the Grand i10. Time for the likes of Amaze and Dzire to step up and offer Smart key, reverse cam, etc on lower variants too. Toyota, please bring something to the table to compete with these cars. Good things happening for the Indian consumer...

Last edited by torque!! : 4th February 2014 at 15:55. Reason: Corrected a typo
torque!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 16:52   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Team,

For those of you who can't make it, we assure you of detailed reports that'll ensure you haven't missed out on anything.

A new forum section - Auto Expo 2014 - has been created. General Auto Expo discussions can continue in this thread. Each manufacturer, however, will get a dedicated new thread in this section.

Hope so you will be there till Sunday.
Will be honoured to meet the mod team if you all could spare some time!
turbospooler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 16:55   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Team,

I am going to miss it sitting in southern part of India. But i am sure that you guys give 100% coverage

I am seeing lot of action in compact segment(sedan,suv,muv etc).
At least the sedans from ford,tata,hyundai are all looking pretty similar and similar to Amaze. Dzire is going to have a very very tough future.

I am also feeling the Swift is showing its age and Even the Tata Bolt looks much aggressive than Swift that was once bought for its design

Request to GTO and team is to have a comparo if possible :

1. Compact sedan class - Ford, hyundai,Tata, Honda and maruti
2. Compact SUV class - Again Ford, Maruti, Hyundai?? and others
3. MUV segment - Datsun, Honda competing against Ertiga(anything else??)

These 3 are the hot topics that will see most of the action in our forum for 2014-2015
Old 4th February 2014, 17:07   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque!! View Post
The C1 segment is really heating up with Dzire, Amaze and now the Xcent.
Even the Tata Zest adds to this list. The interiors look much better that the earlier Indigos and Manzas of the world.
p'arth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 17:52   #162
Senior - BHPian

So far Auto expo has been a sub 4 metre sedan festival. Only VW, Nissan, Chevrolet and Toyota left to unveil one, guess they will present Ecosport like SUVs. Never been so excited about Auto Expo (last time it was the World Cup)

Eagerly waiting for Team-bhp folks paying a visit and updating us.

Please do post some details of Bikes as well.
Old 4th February 2014, 18:42   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by p'arth View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by torque!! View Post
Accent was/is your own product! You might as well have called it the new Accent.
The reason for this wierd name is that Verna is actually the Accent. Naming the Xcent, Accent, would bring the international Accent's brand value down.

Now, naming this new car with a name that is correlation to the Accent, is mainly aimed at fixing the pricepoint at which this car will operate. This will probably be at the same pricepoint as the old Accent in India.
1100D is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 19:09   #164
BHPian

I will be in Delhi on 11th. Do I require a ticket/pass on that day to visit the expo ? If yes, where can I get one ?
Mods : Didn't know where to post this query. Please delete if inappropriate.
Old 4th February 2014, 19:09   #165
Senior - BHPian

From where we have to collect physical copies of tickets booked from bookmyshow.com?

Also can I book tickets one day prior to the event and collect physical copy on the event day itself?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks