Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2013, 07:32   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

It would be the YL1,YL7,SX4 Cross, a new sub 4 m car, the new global Alto, XA Alpha, and the Suzuki Lcv. Apart from these they would have the concept cars that were displayed at the Tokyo Auto show.
Old 25th December 2013, 10:24   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Expect "Something Interesting" in Auto Expo : RC Bhargava, Maruti Suzuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Something interesting they say? Please bring the old jelly bean Zen back.

I wonder that why Maruti had to pull the plug on the jelly bean. I believe it has the potential to compete with many A & B segment cars with some slight modifications to catch up with the time since when it has been not existing. The cult following should bring in decent numbers, however, the average Indian buyers will be reluctant to buy an 'old' car in the current times where on offer are much younger siblings.

Last edited by saket77 : 25th December 2013 at 10:27.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2013, 16:55   #78
BHPian

Mitsuoka Motor will display its wares at Auto Expo

Quote:
Japanese car and coach builder, Mitsuoka Motors, has confirmed its presence for the upcoming Auto Expo, which takes place in the first week of February next year in Noida. The brand is famous for their “old-world” and classy designs on popular series production cars.
The Mitsuoka Viewt is nothing but a Nissan Micra.
The Mega Auto Expo 2014 Thread: General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-mitsuokaviewtpress1024x768.jpg

Source and more info: http://indianautosblog.com/2013/12/m...to-expo-110591
amolbh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 19:23   #79
BANNED

re: The Mega Auto Expo 2014 Thread: General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics

Ok, Guys...Its gonna be my First Auto Expo.
I was so elated to get into a College that was across the road fom Pragati Maidan only to have the venue shifted 50 Km Away!!

I am thinking of buying the Tickets and have some questions about them.

1. I think its best to avoid the weekend rush and get a ticket for Monday starting at 1 PM. Am I correct in doing this?

2. Buying the ticket itself. The Website of Auto Expo mentions that tickets are available at select Metro Stations, Baristas, Croma stores in Delhi-NCR. Anybody have any idea which are these "select" stores?
(I believe it would be a better idea to buy the tickets from these places rather than online, because even after online purchase, I'll have to wait in long queues at venue to exchange the printout for the Entry Pass)

Any other Tips would surely be welcome, and anybody looking to visit the Expo at the same day? Lets meet up there
Old 6th January 2014, 20:21   #80
BHPian

Few more questions on similar lines:
1. How bad is the rush / crowd really ? Hope it doesn't get to a point where there's hardly any space to move around
2. Is it advisable to take kids (~3 years ) to the show as well ?
3. How soon should one book tickets ? Do the tickets sell off if not booked well in advance ?

~Vinayak
Old 6th January 2014, 20:42   #81
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mitsuoka Motor will display its wares at Auto Expo

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolbh View Post
The Mitsuoka Viewt is nothing but a Nissan Micra.
Attachment 1183793

Source and more info: http://indianautosblog.com/2013/12/m...to-expo-110591
That car reminds me of zen classic and Amby.

As long as there is Amby off the shelf, all these designs are not going inspire any nostalgia for Indians.

Last edited by zenren : 6th January 2014 at 20:53.
Old 6th January 2014, 21:04   #82
BANNED

Details please?

Hi All,

I am planning to visit the Expo , i dont know the place much as this is my first visit to delhi/noida.

can someone let me know the below details?

Are there any hotels near by (budget 1000-2000 per day,for two) and also let me know where to stay (delhi/noida) ?

what will be the taxi cost from airport to expo location?

Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 22:04   #83
BHPian

Re: Mitsuoka Motor will display its wares at Auto Expo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
That car reminds me of zen classic and Amby.

As long as there is Amby off the shelf, all these designs are not going inspire any nostalgia for Indians.
Rightly said. I atleast don't see a market for such stuff in India.

And we do not even have such a variety in models and number of such classic cars here that the general public would want to own a new "classic" car.

It would still be nice to see something new from a unknown company.
Old 6th January 2014, 22:21   #84
BHPian

Over the last 10 years, I've always wanted to visit the Indian Auto Expo. Its never happened, given my hectic work schedule and extensive travel requirements.

I'm glad that this time I will be there for the expo, however given the constraints at my end, I will be able to spare time and be there on a Sunday, 9th Feb only. I have bought the tickets to the expo online through bookmyshow and have requested the ticket to be delivered at the mentioned address in Bangalore. The cost of the ticket is 300/- + 84/- for home delivery.

The customer helpdesk confirmed that the tickets will be delivered after the 15th of Jan. I have also confirmed my travel tickets to Delhi. Will be arriving there at 9.30am and will leave the next morning (10th Feb) at 6.00am I still need to book a hotel in Delhi/Noida.

Request the bhpians from Delhi or the senior members, who have visited the expo earlier to advise on the best place to stay (budget 1000-1500/-) as I need to get back on the 10th Feb early morning, so will need the room only for 7hrs in actuality there.

Happy to meet up with fellow members incase you are planning to visit the expo on the 9th. I am not familiar with Delhi/Noida, any pointers and tips will be welcomed.

I understand that the display area will be huge and may require more than a day to cover all of it, however given my limitations 9th Feb is all I have and I need to see all of it or as much of it through the day.

Last edited by yikes6633 : 6th January 2014 at 22:26. Reason: grammatical edits
Old 7th January 2014, 13:54   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Are there any hotels near by (budget 1000-2000 per day,for two) and also let me know where to stay (delhi/noida) ?

what will be the taxi cost from airport to expo location?

Thanks
Meru rates:

The Mega Auto Expo 2014 Thread: General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-1.jpg
Image Source: Meru Cabs

Tariffs for Easy cabs,Mega cabs are the same as Meru.

Quick Cabs: http://corp.quickcabs.in/tariff.html

Yatri cabs: http://yatricab.com/index.php

I don't know much about the accommodation available close to the Venue, recently moved into the city.

Do check : http://www.angelresidency.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by yikes6633 View Post
Will be arriving there at 9.30am and will leave the next morning (10th Feb) at 6.00am I still need to book a hotel in Delhi/Noida.

Request the bhpians from Delhi or the senior members, who have visited the expo earlier to advise on the best place to stay (budget 1000-1500/-) as I need to get back on the 10th Feb early morning, so will need the room only for 7hrs in actuality there.

Happy to meet up with fellow members incase you are planning to visit the expo on the 9th. I am not familiar with Delhi/Noida, any pointers and tips will be welcomed.
Yikes,

On the 9th of February ,general public hours is from 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM. I would suggest to look for accommodation close to the Airport as you will be leaving the city early the next day.Airport is located at quite a distance form the venue.

IGI Airport is 48 KMs.

The Mega Auto Expo 2014 Thread: General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-untitled.jpg
Image Source: Auto Expo 2014

I am sure ,there will be a lot of BHPians from Delhi and outside visiting the Expo over the weekend.

Last edited by sinharishi : 7th January 2014 at 13:57.
Old 8th January 2014, 17:26   #86
BHPian

Fiat Punto Adventure to be showcased at Auto Expo

Quote:
Fiat had confirmed in late 2012 that a B-Segment SUV had been drawn up for India. Initially believed to be the Fiat 500X, we understood a few weeks later from a senior Fiat executive that the SUV would sport a “soft SUV-type look” and is an enriched product.
The Mega Auto Expo 2014 Thread: General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-fiatpuntoadventurerearspyshot.jpg

Quote:
The Fiat Punto Adventure has the looks of an off-roader, but cannot do any off-roading as the FWD layout is retained from the hatchback (no rear differential on this test mule). We expect to see rugged-looking plastic body moldings on the front and the doors to give it an extrovert personality.
Quote:
We are expecting Fiat to launch, if not showcase the Punto Adventure at the Auto Expo next month.
Source:
http://indianautosblog.com/2014/01/f...e-spied-111645
Old 15th January 2014, 10:23   #87
Team-BHP Support

The organisers of Auto Expo 2014 have launched a mobile application for the Motor Show. Developed for Android-based devices, the application is available for free and can be downloaded from Google Play.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

The Mega Auto Expo 2014 Thread: General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-auto-expo.png

Last edited by Aditya : 15th January 2014 at 10:25.
Aditya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2014, 19:29   #88
BANNED

Honda Vision XS-1 model unviel at Auto Expo

Quote:
Honda will showcase a range of products, including the global unveiling of study model of a new crossover - Honda Vision XS-1, at the upcoming Auto Expo.

"Honda Vision XS-1 is a study model of a new crossover model which features sporty styling and outstanding utility space based on Honda's unique packaging technologies," the company said.

The company's Indian arm Honda Cars India Ltd will showcase a wide range of exhibits, including the Accord Hybrid as well as the Honda Mobilio, the all-new 3rd generation Honda Jazz, which are scheduled to be introduced in India in future, it added.
SOURCE: http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/28945577.cms

Anurag.

Last edited by GTO : 18th January 2014 at 13:56. Reason: Keeping the fair usage policy in mind, it's best to share an excerpt + link to full article. Thanks
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2014, 22:42   #89
BHPian

Re: Honda Vision XS-1 model unviel at Auto Expo

I'm guessing the Vezel is completely ruled out of the Indian market at this point. I hope they take some design elements out of the Vezel for this new vehicle.
Old 19th January 2014, 11:13   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

The Hyundai i20 World Rally Championship car would be displayed in the Auto Expo next month, as per IAB.

Quote:
The return to the sport highlights its areas for improvement, as the Korean automaker is keen to have technology transfer from WRC to its showroom models, in particular to improve handling. To this effect, the company has also opened its own test center on the Nürburgring race track to develop successors of current products.
The Mega Auto Expo 2014 Thread: General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-2014hyundaii20wrccarfrontthreequarters.jpg

The Mega Auto Expo 2014 Thread: General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-2014hyundaii20wrccarsideview.jpg

SOURCE - http://indianautosblog.com/2014/01/h...po-2014-113519

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks