Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2012, 21:19   #91
BHPian

Re: PICS : The 2012 Mahindra Xylo Facelift Launch

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
I have driven both the mEagle & am still driving the mHawk (Scorpio).

The differentiating factor is is the smoothness and the refinement of the mHawk over the mEagle. The turbo lag is considrable less and engine noise is much lesser.

You can feel the difference in driving,
thankyou .That was what I was looking at.an experienced driver giving a honest opinion regarding both engines.This should help me in choosing.I think i will take test drive of meagle xylo (mahindra showroom dont have mhawk xylo for test here) and also take a test drive of mhawk scorpio(which they have) and then decide. Anyway i will go for xylo and not scorpio thats decided.
Old 3rd March 2012, 10:54   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivaspai View Post
thankyou .That was what I was looking at.an experienced driver giving a honest opinion regarding both engines.This should help me in choosing.I think i will take test drive of meagle xylo (mahindra showroom dont have mhawk xylo for test here) and also take a test drive of mhawk scorpio(which they have) and then decide. Anyway i will go for xylo and not scorpio thats decided.
All the best, go for the mHawk Xylo with eyes closed, combined they make a real VFM package.
Old 3rd March 2012, 11:05   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Well. When you want to spend that much money (10.5x), than why not consider XUV (better looks, handling, comfort and build) or Aria (split rear seat, better build & luggage space)?
Old 3rd March 2012, 11:56   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay0612 View Post
Well. When you want to spend that much money (10.5x), than why not consider XUV (better looks, handling, comfort and build) or Aria (split rear seat, better build & luggage space)?
aria? and get into the mess with tata?never
Old 3rd March 2012, 13:28   #95
BHPian

Quote:
aria? and get into the mess with tata?never
Invest where you want but you are being unduly harsh on Tata. It is not for nothing that Tata is among top 3 car makers in India.
Old 3rd March 2012, 13:39   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Invest where you want but you are being unduly harsh on Tata. It is not for nothing that Tata is among top 3 car makers in India.
Aria is known to be problematic & has many issues, you can look around the forum for the same.

Regarding TATA coming to the top 3 makers, it is because of the cheapest car & the cheapest diesel car, read Nano & Indica. Indica is a hit in the Taxi market. Aria has did nothing to contribute.

You can have a look here.
Old 3rd March 2012, 15:32   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Unduly harsh?? That's the way "common people" think about TATA! And not without a reason! Please check the fate of some bhpains who put 15L+ on the vehicle, in the initial ownership section. All except one have serious problems and have vouched they will NEVER buy a TATA car again. So much for the treatment of the premium customers!

M&M is FAR BETTER when it comes to treating it's XUV customers. The product is NOT perfect, but what matters more is how those owners are treated and how work arounds are done!

Edit:: Guess we are going OT with this discussion!

No one has TDed the new Xylo MHawk? But frankly everything else in the old Xylo, the plastics, engine required an actual facelift or improvement? Guess the ride quality was the biggest turn off and doesn't look like it is addressed to a satisfactory extent!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 3rd March 2012 at 15:41. Reason: Adding portion below "Edit"
Old 3rd March 2012, 15:45   #98
Senior - BHPian

BSM have reviewed new Xylo, albeit compared the same with new Innova & here is the link to report for your perusal:

Toyota Innova vs Mahindra Xylo - People's choice

Conclusion (by BSM):
Quote:
The Innova, despite being the better car to drive and being better engineered, loses out on the price front. At Rs 13.3 lakh, ex-showroom Mumbai for the VX, it’s over Rs 3 lakh more expensive than the Xylo E9. That does change the equation for many who may be looking at buying their car on EMIs. The Xylo is better loaded, has the better motor and is better value, but it still has some way to go till it can beat the Innova in the engineering department. So, if you don’t mind spending the extra dough, the Innova will be your perfect partner for many years to come. But if you are looking for value, the Xylo is it.
Old 3rd March 2012, 15:50   #99
BHPian

Quote:
My take on TATA was not off the cuff.I have owned the sumoearlier and am currently owning a Mahindra Grand (2.5 liter engine 1,89,000 kms done) which Im looking to replace.So I'm with full knowledge of which side of my bread is buttered
Old 4th March 2012, 17:14   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

ACI's video review of Xylo E9 Mhawk Vs Innova face-lift.

swiftnfurious is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th March 2012, 12:01   #101
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
All except one have serious problems and have vouched they will NEVER buy a TATA car again. So much for the treatment of the premium customers!

M&M is FAR BETTER when it comes to treating it's XUV customers. The product is NOT perfect, but what matters more is how those owners are treated and how work arounds are done!
- So the view / take of the "Except one" - i.e. me is TATA has actually given good support / special treatment to the ARIA owners but that said the vehicle for some did have issues - which though TATA has I believe repaired Free of Cost under warranty it took time analysing and giving a solution. Mine has - touch wood not had any critical faults and any issues were resolved during routine servicing - including replacing all tyres and shockabsorbers. It has done around 38,000 kms and am overall happy. I met another couple of Aria owners at the service centre who had appointments either prior or post me as the service advisor designated handles only Aria and Safari. One of these had to get his clutch replaced multiple times - (possibly due to a short driver or a manufacturing defect.) but he still had a smile on his face as he met me - I guess due to that service advisor -Sunder Suvarna of Wasan Chembur - handing his customer well and ensuring they get the rightfull support and dues from the company.

Yes this is OT.

The point is that I have also had friends who own the XUV who have complained of niggles equally, plus every single XUV owner on the forum too has faced some or other kind of niggle.

Now after placing both TATA & M&M on a similar pedistral would suggest that anyone who is buying a Xylo facelift does so for the vehicle that it is. I do feel that if one leaves the electonics appart the other aspects are proven by now and this should be a reliable buy. That said swaping in the Engine from the Scoprio for the E9 need not necessarily imply that it will be reliable. The Aria too had the Safari Dicore engine but every time a company makes an improvement to the engine it needs to once again be proven on all aspects.

Last edited by ACM : 6th March 2012 at 12:07.
Old 10th March 2012, 10:26   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
- So the view / take of the "Except one" - i.e. me is TATA has actually given good support / special treatment to the ARIA owners but that said the vehicle for some did have issues - which though TATA has I believe repaired Free of Cost under warranty it took time analysing and giving a solution. Mine has - touch wood not had any critical faults and any issues were resolved during routine servicing - including replacing all tyres and shockabsorbers. It has done around 38,000 kms and am overall happy. I met another couple of Aria owners at the service centre who had appointments either prior or post me as the service advisor designated handles only Aria and Safari. One of these had to get his clutch replaced multiple times - (possibly due to a short driver or a manufacturing defect.) but he still had a smile on his face as he met me - I guess due to that service advisor -Sunder Suvarna of Wasan Chembur - handing his customer well and ensuring they get the rightfull support and dues from the company.

Yes this is OT.

The point is that I have also had friends who own the XUV who have complained of niggles equally, plus every single XUV owner on the forum too has faced some or other kind of niggle.

Now after placing both TATA & M&M on a similar pedistral would suggest that anyone who is buying a Xylo facelift does so for the vehicle that it is. I do feel that if one leaves the electonics appart the other aspects are proven by now and this should be a reliable buy. That said swaping in the Engine from the Scoprio for the E9 need not necessarily imply that it will be reliable. The Aria too had the Safari Dicore engine but every time a company makes an improvement to the engine it needs to once again be proven on all aspects.
xuv owners compalin of niggles .ok. but do you feel that in aria problems reported like these are just niggles?
1.replacing all tyres and shock absorbers
2.clutch replacement multiple times (god knows if it failed in a remote jungle and needed to be towed multiple times)
TATA SE's gave good service witha smile is definatly most welcome ,but that does not negate the fact that such shabby quality in top end vehicles are manufactured and sold to customers paying more than 15-17 lakhs of rupees.If the quality of vehicleswas so good maybe the SE's would not thave to strain their face muscles with a fake smile so very often.
srinivaspai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2012, 15:51   #103
Senior - BHPian

^^^ XUV500 problems have started pouring in, though not on such scale as as Aria's. These days Tata is attending the customers properly, & one of the customer got his few days back, for which he did not pay a dime.

Since you have asked about the Xylo, here is OD's review of the Xylo E9:

2012 Mahindra Xylo E9 roadtest - Overdrive

The ride doesn't seems to have been sorted out. Guess you should wait for the Ertiga or some better option (Duster), if you are looking for a upscale people mover primarily.
Old 14th March 2012, 17:32   #104
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday spotted a white colored facelifted Xylo, I think it was not a top end variant maybe an E6 but I must say it looked 100 times better than the original Xylo.

The styling looks far more mature/complete which was not the case with the pre facelifted one which used to look like a styling exercise gone bad.
Old 15th March 2012, 11:54   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh View Post
@Jalsa Have you looked at the interiors of other E8/E4 variants? How is the floor console on E8/E4 models? Is it the same like E9?
Had the opportunity to visit the Mahindra showroom in Chennai for booking the E8 version.It is costing me 10.39 lacs On road and would be taking delivery of the same in 10 days from now.

The E8 version shares the same console / interiors like the E9 version, the only things missing were the steering wheel controls & leather seats.

The E4 version has a half floor console, which means that the gear rod is exposed and there is a gap between the Gear console and the AC controls.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks