Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2012, 09:52   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Brio Sedan to be launched in 2013. EDIT : To be called "AMAZE"

ACI Editor has just finished his drive of the Amaze and is wildly showering praises for the car!

His tweets mention the following:
* Brilliant refined and responsive motor.
* Shockingly spacious and very comfortable rear seats, with arm rests.
* Looks very proportionate and doesn't seem like a cut job boot.
* Interiors same as the hatch, but new bumpers at the front.
* 1.5 i-Dtec motor 'could' have power output of 80 PS and ARAI rating of 24-25 kmpl (both are class best)

Seems to be a very promising car from Honda ! Even Hormazd says "Honda is back and how! "
Old 19th November 2012, 09:59   #212
BHPian

Here is ACI editor, Hormazd Sorabjee's first impressions, taken from his twitter handle. So,i guess today was a media drive day.

Quote:
Amaze well proportioned. Boot doesn't look 'chopped' Front end identical to Brio but gets grille extra chrome strip and new bumper
Quote:
Amaze has longer wheelbase than Brio but still sub 4-metre. Dash identical to hatch. Rear seats v. comfy has armrests but doesn't split
Quote:
Just drove Honda Amaze - its truly amazing! 1.5 diesel incredibly responsive & refined. Rear seat shocking spacious. Honda's back and how!
Old 19th November 2012, 10:19   #213
BHPian

promising early reviews for the Amaze.If the initial reports are to be believed Honda has a winner. Now the only thing they need to do is price it properly. Also looks like all these days they were actually testing the 1.5 lt diesel in the Brio and not the 1.2 lt 3 pot motor that everyone suspected
Old 19th November 2012, 10:35   #214
gemi_kk

The reviews seem promising on what to Expect from Honda.

This is going to stir up competition further in an already over competing diesel car market. Some might loose their share like VW but only time will say this.

More balance would be created in C1/C2 segments.
Skoda is out with pathetic service, So is VW. Scary service.
Verito is considered as a Cab.
Etios is again considered as a cab and with bad interiors.
Dzire is a Notch back. Not a sedan.
Sunny/Scala couldnt grab a significant market share.
Somehow Ford is considered as Not trustworthy/reliable.
Verna is an expensive car, and older versions were not reliable.

The only one which is left out is Honda, and now this car launch would grab those customers who couldnt decide amongst the available cars in the market. Honda is considered as a definition of reliability, What else would be considered. Nothing.

Old 19th November 2012, 11:17   #215
BHPian

ACI first drive review in their website
Check it out - http://www.autocarindia.com/Review/3...est-drive.aspx

Regards
Varun
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2012, 11:48   #216
BANNED

One issue with most of these TDs will be that the car is likely to carry a far higher level fixtures in India that in the other markets.
Old 19th November 2012, 11:49   #217
BHPian

I think its still early days to start making comparisons with Etios, DZire et al.

Quote:
Driving on Motegi's smooth surface, it's quite impossible to judge the ride, but the steering does have more weight than the Brio's and this is a good thing.
The real track test will happen once its actually tested on Indian roads. As with all Honda's suspension set up and steering feed back will hog the limelight.
Old 19th November 2012, 12:08   #218
Team-BHP Support

Overdrive review is also out

http://overdrive.in/details/2394/201...ze-first-drive

They say, more details will be revealed on November 23rd.
Quote:
Honda will officially enter the entry-sedan market with the Amaze early next year and we will be able to show you more of the car here on November 23. Or for a fully detailed first drive, check out the new issue of OVERDRIVE, on stands November 23, 2012.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2012, 14:47   #219
Senior - BHPian

Wow. Just read Hormardz's view and Sid Patankar. Sid is all ga-ga over interior space, steering, boot space and handling.

"Dzire watch out" is his comment. He ends with "Prices are expected to stay about Rs. 20-30,000 higher than that for Maruti Suzuki’s Swift Dzire. I expect the Amaze to be one of the most significant launches of 2013."

Great to see Honda getting its act together. Its about time and surely one of the most awaited launches of 2013

Last edited by hrman : 19th November 2012 at 15:17.
Old 19th November 2012, 15:42   #220
Senior - BHPian

as a current owner of the Brio the following changes have to be made.

increase GC; the already low GC get further hampered with the coil suspension in the rear.

AC - the AC of the Brio needs a boost. During winters the AC functions well, but am sure with increase interior space, the AC will need that little bit extra.

Extra power - if its the same 1.2 that powers the brio, then the car might not be that exciting to drive, anyways the current brio is not a scorcher in terms of performances.

Visually the Sedan doesn't look as balanced as the HB. It looks like 2 car designs.

cheers,
ac
Old 19th November 2012, 16:28   #221
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Vid6639 has this to share, straight from Japan! A detailed thread + pictures will follow in due time:

Honda Amaze Diesel:

- Boot is very well integrated. Looks the best amongst the lot.
- Minimal turbo lag, very drivable.
- NVH is better than Etios, but not as good as Dzire. It's a prototype car so they said firewall insulation isn't yet added and combustion noise has not been tuned out.
- Picks up from 1,200 rpm.
- Clutch is very light for a diesel.
- Gears are "Honda slick".
- Linear acceleration and power delivery, no kick
- Steering is heavier than petrol hatch. Feels good.
- Suspension is on the softer side. Has some body roll.
- Rear space is brilliant! Competes with Etios. Fantastic package considering its 3,990 mm length.
- Rear legroom with front seat all the way back is good even for a 6 footer.
- Rear seats have an arm rest and are very well sculpted. Not flat like Etios.
- Boot is decent. More than Dzire, similar to Jazz (if not more).

Last edited by Vid6639 : 19th November 2012 at 20:21. Reason: typo
GTO is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 19th November 2012, 19:33   #222
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Excellent. I have liked the nice mini-City-esque stance of the boot ever since I saw it. Certainly beats the one on the new DZire. The City has class-leading boot space, so I expect the Amaze to have class-leading space in it's boot as well. Anywhere around ~350-400 liters should be really top class.

Quote:
- Linear acceleration and power delivery, no kick.
Sounds like a really good driving package, and with a dual benefit of minimum initial lag and pick-up from a low rpm value. Diesel buffs should be rubbing their hands in glee.

On the other hand, no kick? As in no adrenaline rush like the VTEC at top speeds/rpms? Slightly disappointing for highway runners, but urban commuters shouldn't mind this.

Quote:
- NVH is better than Etios, but not as good as Dzire. It's a prototype car so they said firewall installation isn't yet added and combustion noise has not been tuned out.
If they manage to reduce in-cabin noise to DZire levels, it should complete the perfect urban/highway package. People might be queuing up to get an Amaze, even at a premium of around 50K over the DZire's variants. Honda's bullet-proof reliability and long-term hassle-free ownership does have it's benefits. The "H" badge still commands respect in Indian customers' eyes.

My mouth is watering just at the prospect of an Amaze EMT Diesel at 6.49L, ex-showroom.

Quote:
Typical Honda. I expected it to be soft. But hopefully beefed up enough to tackle the speed breakers, like the 2012 City.

Quote:
- Rear space is brilliant! Competes with Etios. Fantastic package considering its 3,990 mm length.
Another superb example of Honda engineering. Less than 4m in length and spacious enough to seat 5. Exemplary packaging.

I don't mind integrated headrests in the rear seat. It's very comfortable in the City, plus it aids in rear visibility. Haven't seen anyone complain about the comfort and space of the City's rear seat, so the Amaze should carry on the tradition.

Thanks for the pointers, GTO. A nice little preview of things to come. Honda India should be all set to take on the Indian market by storm come next year, if they don't go the atrocious/too-ambitious pricing way yet again.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 19th November 2012 at 19:34.
Old 19th November 2012, 19:52   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Vid6639 has this to share, straight from Japan! A detailed thread + pictures will follow in due time:

Honda Amaze Diesel:

Whoa! That was quick. Its great to see team-bhp at the frontiers of Indian motoring scene.

Anyways are any specs of the engine out? Honda are really keeping everything under wraps.

Last edited by D4d-maniac : 19th November 2012 at 19:54.
Old 19th November 2012, 22:13   #224
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO

Honda Amaze Diesel:

- NVH is better than Etios, but not as good as Dzire. It's a prototype car so they said firewall insulation isn't yet added and combustion noise has not been tuned out.
- Linear acceleration and power delivery, no kick
This is the PERFECT car for my parents- specially the petrol AT. Small length- easy to park and reverse out of my house, boot- sedan status (Makes a big difference for old people), best in class engine and transmission in AT- absolute joy to use in city, softly sprung- I guess better city ride.

In fact, given no other problems arise, I'll ask them to book one as and when they open bookings.
Old 19th November 2012, 22:15   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4d-maniac View Post
Whoa! That was quick. Its great to see team-bhp at the frontiers of Indian motoring scene.

Anyways are any specs of the engine out? Honda are really keeping everything under wraps.
I think someone earlier quoted maybe 'paultan.org' : 200 NM figure and 1050 Kg Kerb Weight. And I read somewhere earlier that during the TD it felt like a >80 bhp car easily the way it drove. Don't know why but my heart 'wants' to believe these specs to be only an underestimate of the actual! From what I've heard from someone who's driven Amaze iDTEC is that it's a rocket (don't ask me who...can't reveal) !

That makes it more peppier than Corolla Altis D4-D which 87 bhp and 205 Nm torque at 1250 Kg Kerb Weight!

<SLURP>

I think I'm going to hand over money to a dealer TODAY for a pre-booking. I'm getting one of the 1st of these ! ! !

What'll they call it ? SD MT? or S MT iDTEC I guess. Latter sounds more natural for a Honda!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks