Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2012, 15:43   #316
BHPian

Re: Strike woes haunt Maruti's Manesar plant again. 1 DEAD & Production hit

Damn And here I was having taken over 3 months to td a whole load of cars, only to find out finally that the one I want (A-Star) will not be available. Of course, by Diwali, Honda would have the Brio AT I guess, but I really did not want to wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
I was having the same issue with a Swift ZDi booking which was due to be delivered next month. It is in a hung state now with the Manesar lockout...

I expect at least a month of delay before production kicks off again. By the time that translates to dispatches to other cities, it will be October at the very earliest. Maybe even later.
Old 11th August 2012, 11:03   #317
BHPian

Speculation is rife that Maruti's Manesar plant could be functional by as early as next week. Although it has not been confirmed officially, god knows Maruti needs to get back on track as soon as possible.

Source
Old 13th August 2012, 14:52   #318
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeNukem View Post
Speculation is rife that Maruti's Manesar plant could be functional by as early as next week. Although it has not been confirmed officially, god knows Maruti needs to get back on track as soon as possible.
I think it s quasi official. The suppliers have been asked to start sending in parts from the 14th.

I guess RC Bhargava, being the very experienced ex-IAS he is, must have either got something off the record, or realised that further delay in restarting will not help.

I must say I am surprised to say the least.
Old 13th August 2012, 16:38   #319
Senior - BHPian

One of the dealers told me that it is starting from 18th of this month. Since 18th is a saturday, I would take this with a pinch of salt! However, he mentioned that Maruti guys are visiting each and every dealer and assuring them that the supplies would start soon. Also, he mentioned maruti is gearing up for 2 new cars during diwali (New Alto and SUV!) I feel, he meant to say Alto 800 and new Ritz.
Old 16th August 2012, 10:51   #320
BHPian

Maruti Suzuki India Ltd will restart production at its Manesar factory early next week

Source: ET
DukeNukem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2012, 15:29   #321
BHPian

I too had booked the Swift ZDI in June at Rana Motors, Gurgaon and was waiting for delivery. However I have now decided to buy the SAFARI LX and cancel my booking.
Any idea how long does the dealer take to refund the booking amount?
Old 16th August 2012, 16:58   #322
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajitsingh208 View Post
I too had booked the Swift ZDI in June at Rana Motors, Gurgaon and was waiting for delivery. However I have now decided to buy the SAFARI LX and cancel my booking.
Any idea how long does the dealer take to refund the booking amount?
I'm in the same boat as you, only difference is I will be opting for a Punto 90HP instead . The wait for the Swift is far from over. It might take some more months for them to start dispatching cars, according to the information my sales guy gave me. From what I found out at the showroom, they will give the refund ONLY by cheque, in the name of the person who booked it. They give it in a day or two after you inform them about your decision to cancel. There will be no penalty charged for cancelling the booking, owing to this tight situation Maruti is in. They will refund the entire amount.

Last edited by KarthikK : 16th August 2012 at 17:02.
Old 16th August 2012, 17:13   #323
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Maruti to re-open Manesar plant on August 21, 500 permanent workers fired - The Economic Times

It will take another 1 month to start the production but i wonder what made them to fire 500 Permanent workers When the culprits are already behind bars. To quote from article As below.

Quote:
asked about the progress of investigation into the incident of violence, Bhargava said that it will continue and more arrests may be made soon. Five hundred permanent workers were fired based on initial investigations, he added
IMO they are just preparing the ground for next round of confrontations & Have taken the situation as a opportunity to get rid of all workers. I am really concerned about the after effect of firing these 500 workers . If all 500 were found guilty why only 114 are arrested so far. IMO they are firing the whole A shift of 650 workers, working that day .

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 16th August 2012 at 17:15.
Old 16th August 2012, 17:22   #324
BHPian

At last a strong decision by management. Hope everything goes fine here on. Management employees will be revealed.
Old 16th August 2012, 19:25   #325
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki to make 150 cars a day at Manesar plant.

Quote:
Maruti will deploy 100 security guards at the factory, in addition to 500 armed police provided by the Haryana state government, to ensure safety

Cheers!
Old 16th August 2012, 23:07   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
It will take another 1 month to start the production but i wonder what made them to fire 500 Permanent workers When the culprits are already behind bars. To quote from article As below.
The brighter side of this solution is when they replace 500 permanent workers with 500 contract workers, the contract workers will have lesser permanent workers to be jealous of . Aside from the lesser payroll costs of course.

But on a serious note, isn't the firing of the 500 permanent workers a prerogative of MSIL? Every firm/organization has a code of conduct and even though all 500 of them were not actually involved in the violence, according to the inquiry conducted by MSIL they were either part of insubordination or violation of that code of conduct that MSIL has or should have. It happens in every organization but then MSIL should be prepared to face any negative fallout of the decisions if there are any. They simply should stop whining like this all the time when any of their decisions backfire. Say for some reason this decision causes remaining workers to become more disgruntled and they are shoddy at their work. Maybe more vehicles start failing quality checks or bugs creep through. Those are the consequences of their decision. Same happens in all organizations. You pay peanuts, you get monkeys, sad employees make sad products, this is purely my personal opinion of course, I don't want to get into another discussion around cost of living, per capita income, blah blah .

Last edited by samarjitdhar : 16th August 2012 at 23:11.
samarjitdhar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2012, 10:21   #327
Senior - BHPian

^^Armed police and security guards! Good. Must look like a German factory in Schindler's list! For my next car I will be moving away from Maruti. I hate products made in sweatshops.
Gansan is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2012, 10:27   #328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
One of the dealers told me that it is starting from 18th of this month. However, he mentioned that Maruti guys are visiting each and every dealer and assuring them that the supplies would start soon.
So the news that I received from the dealer was more or less correct. That means, two new cars from MSIL for diwali!

Last edited by amtak : 17th August 2012 at 10:30.
Old 17th August 2012, 11:30   #329
BANNED

RCB has also announced that the percentage of contract workers will be kept under 20%. So they will be hiring a good number of workers as company employees.

As for the police etc. I guess it is probably necessary but how about renaming Maruti Suzuki as Stalag Maruti !
Old 17th August 2012, 11:57   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
RCB has also announced that the percentage of contract workers will be kept under 20%. So they will be hiring a good number of workers as company employees.
August 21 it is then.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks