Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2014, 14:38   #1681
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

New Punto to be launched first week August is what I have been told. Avventura would be end August
Palio_2005 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2014, 14:48   #1682
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nim_peter View Post

True I'm not talking 15 models, Focus is just an example. If they have such an option, then we have the Linea classic for the mileage conscious and Taxis. Then we can have 1.4 FIRE and 1.3 doing duty in new linea. Going a step further, they can have another lineup of 1.4Tjet(performance) and 1.6MJD(performance+mileage), Linea GT or something like that . The sales is already low, so it is not a huge risk they will be taking and it should be cheaper than introducing new cars.

I think Verna has 2 engine options for petrol and for Diesel, 1.4 ltr and 1.6ltr. And surprisingly I see most Vernas on road are 1.6 CRDI.

I couldn't possibly agree more with you nim_peter.

At the moment, Fiat neither have Loads of offerings in each segment Like Hyundai and neither do they have a well defined target audience like Maruti.

On the Verna front, I was myself wondering why people were option for 1.6 CRDi over the 1.4. While on the lookout for my new car, I realized that the difference between a 1.4 CRDI and the entry level 1.6 CRDI was very less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post

New Punto to be launched first week August is what I have been told. Avventura would be end August
Man Fiat really needs to start rolling. Isn't it such an irony that Fiat marketing is just like the gear ratios on the Punto & Linea MJD, Pathetic.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 17th July 2014 at 14:53.
Old 17th July 2014, 15:06   #1683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Wow that is some news and still i dont see any marketing buzz from Fiat?? Even in the likes of Facebook, i do not see any mention of New Fiat anywhere
Old 17th July 2014, 15:13   #1684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Wow that is some news and still i dont see any marketing buzz from Fiat??
Buzz will start once the launch date is finalized!
Currently, preparations are in progress, most of the dealers have already received the demo car, sales trainings are happening etc...
finneyp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2014, 15:14   #1685
Senior - BHPian

Just got an SMS from a Fiat dealer. Discounts to the tune of Rs.1 lakh officially available on the outgoing Punto. Guess one can squeeze out more while negotiating with the dealer on a one to one basis.
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2014, 08:27   #1686
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network

MyFiatWorld has a scoop of the features of Punto Evo:

http://www.myfiatworld.in/showthread...ls-and-colours

I don't see any changes to the variants. Punto Evo sees changes in exteriors and interiors only.

Here are the pictures taken from that article (courtesy MyFiatWorld):
Fiat's India strategy revealed-img20140717wa0018.jpg

Fiat's India strategy revealed-img20140717wa0019.jpg

Fiat's India strategy revealed-img20140717wa0020.jpg

Fiat's India strategy revealed-img20140717wa0021.jpg

Fiat's India strategy revealed-img20140717wa0022.jpg
rohanjf is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 18th July 2014, 10:54   #1687
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
I don't see any changes to the variants. Punto Evo sees changes in exteriors and interiors only.
Yes the number of variants remain same.

Some obsevations I made:
Compared to the current 'Dynamic', The new 'Dynamic' won't have
  • Rear washer/wiper
  • Rear defogger
  • Front fog lamps
These are pretty serious omissions IMO

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 18th July 2014 at 10:56.
hemanth.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th July 2014, 12:33   #1688
BHPian

I was more concerned about the wheels they are fitting. Lower variants get 165 tyres!! That's too thin. Was this the case earlier as well?

While Emotion and Sport get 195, which is good. I'm sure the fuel efficiency figures would be evaluated in the lower versions while higher versions will be slightly less frugal.

I feel they should have taken a cue from Polo and added Airbags on all variants. With more manufacturers making it available, it may have pushed the market leaders to take cue as well. But then, I am just thinking like a customer. They would have their own margins to consider.
Old 18th July 2014, 13:02   #1689
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Journos driving the new Punto today. There is an embargo on the reviews till 25th!
PPS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2014, 13:14   #1690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekz View Post
I was more concerned about the wheels they are fitting. Lower variants get 165 tyres!! That's too thin. Was this the case earlier as well?
Yes, That has been same for Active varients...
Old 18th July 2014, 15:39   #1691
BANNED

Strangely, the Fiat India webpage has updated the Avventura graphics -- it is still a teaser with "coming soon", but instead of the wheel shot earlier it is a collage of various shots of Avventura lamps, plus a Swiss army knife, a compass, a watch, a plane and whatnot. But no mention of the new Punto, which is actually shipping to dealers right now.
Old 23rd July 2014, 22:03   #1692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Just got an SMS from a Fiat dealer. Discounts to the tune of Rs.1 lakh officially available on the outgoing Punto. Guess one can squeeze out more while negotiating with the dealer on a one to one basis.
Good discounts, but I wonder if it makes sense to get a old gen one when the new model is just about to launch. I believe the depreciation will hit hard on the old gen models if it's bought now.
Old 23rd July 2014, 22:21   #1693
Senior - BHPian

Now I understand why no teasers of Punto Evo on any communication medium. Fiat rolled out 645 Puntos from the factory last month. We all know that the sales are somewhat that much or even lesser per month. If Fiat starts advertising Punto Evo, dealers will never be able to clear Punto from their stockyards!
Old 24th July 2014, 08:23   #1694
Senior - BHPian

White colour gets a new name now. First it was Bossa Nova white, then it became New pearl white and now it is Vocal white. Are the shades so different for white? I could never differentiate (colour blind??). The Gliterrati gold is an overkill I guess, they should have brought back Foxtrot Azure. IMO the Gliterrati Gold will have a premium over the rest.

Its bad that Dynamic variant has been stripped of the basics like rear defogger and rear washer/wiper. What is Fire Prevention System in Active variant?
Old 24th July 2014, 08:31   #1695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
What is Fire Prevention System in Active variant?
Isn't that the fuel cutoff system that automatically cuts off fuel to the engine in case of a crash?

I think it is there in current Punto also, no?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks