Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2014, 14:39   #1966
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Fiat's India strategy revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Heard about the Viaggio with 1.6MJD in 2016 from Fiat people but can't vouch about it. Also heard that it will be placed as a D segment sedan.
My goodness! These guys never learn or what?! When everybody is offering a C segment car which rivals the D segment, Fiat plans to launch a D segment car!!! That too with no brand value, where even Honda pulled out seeing no market share.
Old 27th September 2014, 14:56   #1967
Senior - BHPian

If the news is true, Fiat is trying to do a Hyundai Elantra here. Diesel engine in Dodge Dart is not available anywhere else!

I think Viaggio is not suited for India at all. It is expensive to manufacture, and its pricing will be too high for most people to even consider it as an option.
Old 30th September 2014, 11:18   #1968
Distinguished - BHPian

Avventura variant details leaked by Indian Hoods.

Fiat's India strategy revealed-fiatavventuraactivefeatures.jpg

Fiat's India strategy revealed-fiatavventuradynamicfeatures.jpg

Fiat's India strategy revealed-fiatavventuraemotionvariantfeatures.jpg

The Avventura petrol will not be available in the Dynamic variant. Tentative launch date is said to be October 5th.

SOURCE - Indian Hoods
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st October 2014, 10:26   #1969
Senior - BHPian

Does the avventura provide a more upright and elevated seating position than the Punto ?

An upright seating would provide better thigh support and comfort over the long drives.

The seating and ergonomics of the Punto isn't great as I've learnt owning one for 5 years.
Old 1st October 2014, 10:51   #1970
Senior - BHPian

Birdie, quite reliable, says 1.5MJD being developed. Essentially downsizing 1.6MJD by 100cc, a la VW. Power & torque outputs are expected to be close to the new VW 1.5 diesel.
This,1.5MJD, will address the oft criticised underwhelming performance of the current 1.3MJD in Fiat's - yet qualify for the small car norms. The 1.3MJD's will also continue at a lower price point.
Plans for 1.2T-Jet to take on Polo TSi still being debated - the age old investment vs volume justification argument goes on and Birdie says it does not look as if it'll make it. 1.4TJet Punto almost okayed. Will debut with Abarth badging, fettled suspension and tweaked ECU to deliver serious horsepower, but not before Diwali 2015.
arjab is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st October 2014, 14:04   #1971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Birdie, quite reliable, says 1.5MJD being developed. Essentially downsizing 1.6MJD by 100cc, a la VW.
Did the birdie provide any information about the timelines for the new 1.5?
I am planning to book the punto 1.3 sometime this month and I wouldn't mind waiting for the 1.5 if it is coming soon!
Old 7th October 2014, 12:28   #1972
Team-BHP Support

The variants of the Fiat Avventura have been revealed. The petrol version will be available in Active and Dynamic variants, while the diesel version will be available in Active, Dynamic and Emotion trim levels. ABS and EBD will be available only on the diesel Dynamic and Emotion variants.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 13:12   #1973
Senior - BHPian

ABS with EBD, an important safety feature, will be available only on the diesel version of the car.

From the link provided, it says ABS is only available in Diesel version.

It is bad that Fiat is continuing the trend of giving safety features only in the top end versions but it is worse that the petrol version has been completed neglected.

I stand corrected, if ABS is offered on Petrol version too. Still it would have been great if it was offered on all variants.
Old 7th October 2014, 15:12   #1974
BHPian

Disappointed after reading this. Fiat is marketing this car as 'CUV & ABS/AirBags should have been made available across the range. Fiat consider that having alloys wheels on the base model is better than having airbags? Sometimes I wonder in which world do we live?
Old 7th October 2014, 15:53   #1975
BHPian

\\Rant alert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Heard about the Viaggio with 1.6MJD in 2016 from Fiat people but can't vouch about it. Also heard that it will be placed as a D segment sedan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
1.4TJet Punto almost okayed. Will debut with Abarth badging, fettled suspension and tweaked ECU to deliver serious horsepower, but not before Diwali 2015.
A 1.6 diesel in the D segment, that too in 2016 and Diwali 2015 for Punto TJet!!! That is assuming they will finally see the light.
I know I am but how hard can it be to plonk the engine into the Punto's bay given that the Linea is based on the exact same platform?

And as if all these were not enough, we have this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
ABS and EBD will be available only on the diesel Dynamic and Emotion variants.
Should say its really, really hard being a Fiat fan
Old 8th October 2014, 14:25   #1976
BHPian

The Avventura variant details look quite unique and exciting to me, this might be a first car (in Indian market and/or in under 10 lakh segement) to get 16" Signature Alloy Wheels in all variants?

1) I believe alloy wheel is no less than a safety feature, it ensures a compliant ride/handling, something which might be critical in a panic manouvre situation.

2)
The aesthetic value added by alloy wheels is often the most important reason why people go for top variants, now, you have that available from base variant, that's great. Isn't it?

I believe the variant construct is designed to a Fiat Enthusists taste (except one - missing Rear Wiper and Rear Defogger in both Base/Middle variants).

Those who want other additional safety features ABS/Airbags will have to go for higher variants.

Offering Signature Alloys in all variants should certainly add a unique/consistent/distinct character to all Avventura's on road, and help differentiate Avventura from competition.

Good luck Fiat!
Autocop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2014, 15:14   #1977
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocop View Post
The Avventura variant details look quite unique and exciting to me, this might be a first car (in Indian market and/or in under 10 lakh segement) to get 16" Signature Alloy Wheels in all variants?
Did you forget the Zest?
Old 8th October 2014, 15:16   #1978
BHPian

Quote:
I believe the variant construct is designed to a Fiat Enthusists taste (except one - missing Rear Wiper and Rear Defogger in both Base/Middle variants).
As a Fiat enthusiast, I would have liked had they gone the Volkswagen way providing the basic safety features (Airbags & ABS) right from the base variant.
S.MJet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2014, 16:22   #1979
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Did you forget the Zest?
The Zest does not get 16 inch alloys in 'All its variants' like the Avventura.

Fiat would have done much better if they had the 1.6 MJD on this car. At least they could have got their very own AMT auto transmission with the 1.3 MJD to get some additional lime light. Wasted opportunity IMHO.
Old 8th October 2014, 16:38   #1980
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I believe alloy wheel is no less than a safety feature, it ensures a compliant ride/handling, something which might be critical in a panic manouvre situation.
Is this really so? Can someone elaborate this further since none of my cars which we have had over the years ever had alloy wheels on them !
PPS is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks