Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2013, 06:45   #76
BHPian

re: Maruti Stingray (WagonR) - Launched @ 4.09 Lakhs

I don't think Maruti should price the car at 4.6 ex-showroom for the base. The very reason for Wagon R sales is value for money. The features, space etc for that money is the key for sales. Wagon R is still in the small car league. Any drastic price increase will surely affect the sales. For example- Omni how much ever you do cosmetic changes, the key selling point in price.

Note from Support: Post formatted to remove spelling mistakes, correction of grammatical mistakes and proper spacing added. Please proof read your posts before posting.

Last edited by .anshuman : 26th July 2013 at 20:37. Reason: See note in post. Thanks
AUTO_CRAZY is offline   Received Infraction
Old 26th July 2013, 07:23   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTO_CRAZY View Post
The very reason for wagon r sales is value for money. The features, space etc for that money is the key for sales .
Both models will co-exist, the current WagonR and the Stingray-WagonR- targetting the respective customer profiles.

Cheers!
Old 26th July 2013, 07:26   #78
BHPian

4.6 is high for the base. Guess Maruti will keep the current WagonR alive at the small car bracket. Stingray with a better interiors and equipments could be placed as a premium. After all only the back looks similar. It could change for production version.

Are the dimensions same or stingray is larger?
Old 26th July 2013, 07:32   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
Are the dimensions same or stingray is larger?
Yes dimensionally they would be same and both models would co-exist.

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2013, 12:09   #80
BHPian

This new look has surely changed the I way looked at WagonR. It looks straight out of Pimp My Ride. Now have to wait to see how Maruti will price this and whether the current model will be replaced?
Old 26th July 2013, 12:19   #81
BHPian

If every thing remains the same..maruti could simply offer a StingRay body kit as accessory.
Old 26th July 2013, 12:27   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitayu View Post
If every thing remains the same..maruti could simply offer a StingRay body kit as accessory.
Why would Maruti do that? That way every manufacture should release a bodykit rather than a facelift. Not feasible as it robs the exclusivity and value of the facelift. And the headlights are smaller, so its just not a bumper reshape and the average facelift.
ahmad.007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2013, 12:28   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
This new look has surely changed the I way looked at WagonR. It looks straight out of Pimp My Ride. Now have to wait to see how Maruti will price this and whether the current model will be replaced?
I don't think they are replacing the current model. The reasons I feel like this:-
  • If the current model was to be replaced, then it wouldn't have got a facelift 6 months ago.
  • The current model is selling strong and would continue to eyeing the practicality.
  • 4.6L ex is too steep for the base model. That would leave a huge gap between the WagonR and the Estilo. Also, the WagonR would be in the price range of the swifts and the ritzs. I personally wouldn't buy a car with a smaller engine displacement and less power than the counterparts for a similar price range, just for the sake of few mm's of legroom. If they are planning a 1.2 in here, then it a different ball game all together. But then, it would also affect the swift and the ritz's sales as pointed out in earlier posts.

Personal opinion, the hatchback segment in the MS stable is already crowded with almost all of them selling well. It would be nice to see where is this new proposition placed now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmad.007 View Post
Why would Maruti do that? That way every manufacture should release a bodykit rather than a facelift. Not feasible as it robs the exclusivity and value of the facelift. And the headlights are smaller, so its just not a bumper reshape and the average facelift.
+1 to that. The rear is almost the same, but the front is different then the current gen. Everything from the bonnet lid(I think) to the bumper would have to be changed then.

Last edited by carzone : 26th July 2013 at 12:30.
Old 26th July 2013, 13:59   #84
Senior - BHPian

True, very unlikely of Maruti to do this major launch. I get the sneaky feeling that the fabulous Honda N box, which is perfect for India, could be headed to our shores, else Maruti isn't one to budge other than do sticker jobs.

Last edited by Sebring : 26th July 2013 at 14:01. Reason: missed a comma
Old 26th July 2013, 14:04   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
... Another significant feature that the Stingray might get is a ‘three-eye’ meter that’ll not only be daylight illuminated but will also change hue from blue to green depending upon driving conditions.
Looks like the Stingray will gets the Swift's steering wheel. If they are going to bring the 3 eye meter, it will be a significant change. This will start off with a blue hue and change to green when you are in the economy speed range and then to white when you exceed it. Need to see the price hike if all these changes are brought in.
Old 26th July 2013, 14:15   #86
BHPian

A better and aggressive front, projector lamps, new dashboard with a 3-eye meter with variable color lightning, clear lens tail lamp, new alloys(top variant maybe).
Some of us are also speculating a super-flat floor, which is highly unlikely since the basic structure remains the same and the Indian WagonR is being converted to a StingRay (like JDM one).
I dont think all this commands a premium of more the 30-40k (40k if including alloy) over the existing model. So, Maruti should price it well and should stay just around 4 (plus-minus 5%).
Old 26th July 2013, 18:44   #87
BANNED

Source: http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/cars/m...iscount-72663/

"WagonR gets a hefty 62,000 rupees discount".

Does that mean the current one will be discontinued?
Old 26th July 2013, 19:22   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
I guess so. How many cars can MSIL really manage in that price range? It is totally congested now. We have things right from the top end Alto K10, WagonR, Estilo, A-Star, Ritz to the bottom line swift. Hence, adding another car will be too much IMHO. Moreover, I dont think pricing will see a steep increase, as that will push it up into the Ritz petrol territory. Given that the major changes are the lamps and alloy wheels, the price would go up max by 25k, that too for the top of the line variant. The base and mid variants will lose the alloy wheel so the difference wont be so great.
Old 26th July 2013, 23:25   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Source: http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/cars/m...iscount-72663/

"WagonR gets a hefty 62,000 rupees discount".

Nice, I think they are clearing the stock, so this should be discontinued.
Old 27th July 2013, 05:45   #90
BHPian

Sting ray would be the last word that would come to mind while I look at the wagon-R
I somehow could only relate to a Penguin trying to find its feet
Attached Images

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks