Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2014, 12:24   #1471
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskaracs View Post
So, will i find folks who will buy my alloys/tyres (designed only for CIAZ) in exchange for 16" alloys and wheels? And where will they use these alloys later?
When you are making the deal do ask / request the dealer if they can get get you one with 16" wheels. I know it is difficult and sounds silly if done on individual basis but no harm in trying.

If the dealer says it is not possible, you buy the 16" ones during delivery, get it changed and sell the 15" wheels on OLX / Quickr.

I suggest you NOT to go near aftermarket fitments.

Anurag.
Old 1st October 2014, 14:50   #1472
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99

Ciaz contributes to the September's monthly sales figures of Maruti ( pre-dispatch)

Quote:
During the month, the company said it dispatched 1,375 units of the soon-to-be-launched sedan Ciaz.
Source:ET
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2014, 14:56   #1473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2) And will any such an upgrade lead to warranty annulment?
For Maruti cars it won't void the guarantee, because the dealers themselves are offering tyre and wheel upgrades for Swifts and Dzires.
Old 1st October 2014, 15:13   #1474
Senior - BHPian

I am also waiting for Ciaz to launch, my list is either Corolla petrol (G, GL or G-AT) or Ciaz. Its quite a huge difference in terms of price. I am expecting Ciaz Zdi+ to come at 12.5 lakhs on road in Bangalore.
The Corolla G Petrol Manual is 17, G-AT is 18.6 and GL Manual Petrol is 19. I don't like Corolla's interiors, exteriors are appealing though.

Only reason of considering Corolla is that "unfortunately" there is a brand association with MUL and Corolla is from D1 segment. I am still not sure, will take TD and decide. If I enjoy Ciaz and find it appealing I will put the world and what others would think notions to rest and go for it (I save most money here in resale).

If however I find it below average I would go with Corolla and bite the bullet. I will not enjoy it, but at least for external world its a D1 sedan. So little to chose from in a 18-19 lakh budget :(.
Old 2nd October 2014, 16:38   #1475
BHPian

The cars have already reached most of the dealers stock yard and first batch is ready for delivery. Now the only wait if for the official launch of the car and the very same day they have promised an invitation to the showroom and a test drive of the diesel variant.
Salesmen have undergone special training for this car and one of the persons personal opinion was the car looked like SX4 and the diesel engine was noisy, but manageable once the AC was turned . I doubt he had any training at all on how to sell this product.
Anyways now I am getting more restless. Hope I am not disappointed once again by yet another car launch after surviving many such in the past 2yrs of deciding the ideal car.

Inching towards grey or white VDI+, if they price it right, or else I loose Rs.500.
Old 4th October 2014, 14:35   #1476
BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Variants & Features Revealed:-
(as per NDTV Auto)

Ahead of its launch on October 6, 2014, more details about the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz have come out. The car will be launched in a total of 10 variants, of which 6 will be petrol and four will be diesel. Out of the 6 petrol variants, four will be powered with a five-speed manual gearbox and other two will get a four-speed automatic transmission. The diesel, on the other hand, will only be made available with a 5-speed manual gearbox.

Powering the petrol model of the car will be a 1.4-litre engine that is good for 94bhp and 130Nm. While the diesel version will be powered by a 1.3-litre multijet diesel engine, capable of churning out a 89bhp and 200Nm. Interestingly, the Ciaz is expected to return the best-in-class fuel efficiency. Whereas, the petrol model will return 20.73Km/l, the diesel engined model will deliver 26.21Km/l.

Variant-wise feature list:-

Maruti Ciaz VXi Petrol and VDi Diesel

a. Tilt-adjustable steering wheel

b. Projector Headlamps

c. Rear AC vents

d. Projector headlamps

e. Electrically adjustable rear side view mirrors with integrated indicators

f. Armrests for both front and rear seats

g. All Power windows

h. 2-Din music player with Aux and USB compatibility

i. Key-less entry

j. Fabric seats

Maruti Ciaz VXi+ petrol and VDi+ diesel (in addition to the features offered with the VXi and VDi)

a. Anti-lock braking system (ABS)

b. Electronic brake-force distribution system (EBD)

c. Audio controls on steering

d. Bluetooth connectivity

e. Parking sensors

f. Climate control

g. Height adjustable driver seat

h. Front fog lamps

Maruti Ciaz ZXi Petrol and ZDi diesel (In addition to the features offered with the VXi+ and VDi+)

a. 15-inch alloy wheels

b. Chrome door handles

c. Passenger Airbag

d. Push button start/stop

e. Reverse parking camera

f. Rear wind-shield sun shade

Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ petrol and ZDi+ diesel (In addition to the features offered with the ZXi/ZDi variants)

a. 16-inch alloy wheels

b. Touch-screen navigation/infotainment system that also allows a user to synch his smartphone

c. Leather-wrapped steering wheel

d. Leather upholstery

Source:-
http://auto.ndtv.com/news/maruti-suz...from=home-auto
Old 4th October 2014, 18:31   #1477
Distinguished - BHPian

Got a chance to check out a Maroon Ciaz ZDI earlier today. The car was locked and the PDI guys had gone home with the keys, so I got to check it out from the outside only.

My impressions:

1) It's a case of function over form - doesn't have the "wow" factor when you see the Ciaz for the first time.

2) Car looks as long and as wide as the Honda City. The rear is actually better than the City in many respects - slightly lowered rear windshield, fit and finish, long & extended taillights, black & chrome breaking the body color monotony, protruding boot, protruding rear bumper, etc.

3) Projectors up front look really cool, and add to the premiumness of the Ciaz. That being said, the central chrome grille looks too garish and slightly cheap, as one which would suit the Swift/DZire, instead of a 11-lakh car.

3) Side profile is the best view of the Ciaz, as is the rear two-thirds.

4) Doors look wide enough to aid easy ingress/egress. The stance is elevated in comparison to the City, still it's a car in which you will need to bend down to get in.

5) Bonnet is quite wide and monotonous, as is the front bumper.

6) ORVMs have the auto-fold feature. Button provided on the driver door. Auto-up on driver door only.

7) Passenger door handle has black sensor as well.

8) Rear-curtain retracter/rod looked sufficiently wide to cover the entire rear windshield from the inside. Good thinking by MSIL.

9) Very spacious front and rear. Front seats seemed to lack in lumbar support. Rear is pretty upright as well, similar to the one on the Ertiga.

10) Wide rear-vents. Wider than the City's.

11) 2-DIN Head Unit seemed smaller. Possibly a non-touchscreen one.

12) Steering had chrome inserts and steering-mounted controls.

13) Car was equipped with reverse sensors and camera, as well as dual airbags.

14) Start/Stop button looked plasticky and tacky. No premium touch (such as a chrome ring) around it.

15) 15-inch alloys with MRF ZVTVs come as OEM tyres.

All in all, the Ciaz seems to be a jack-of-all-trades and a master of none. It appeals more to the mind than to the heart. Combined with MSIL's bullet-proof After Sales Service and widest network, the Ciaz can well and truly become a segment bestseller.

It all boils down to the pricing, now.

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-untitled.jpg

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-untitled2.jpg

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-untitled3.jpg

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-20141004_130815.jpg

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-20141004_130823.jpg

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-20141004_130837.jpg

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-20141004_130843.jpg

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-20141004_130908.jpg

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-20141004_130938.jpg

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-20141004_131002.jpg

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-untitled4.jpg

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-20141004_131051.jpg

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-20141004_131122.jpg

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-20141004_131008.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 4th October 2014 at 18:33.
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th October 2014, 23:18   #1478
BHPian

Yet another stupid question... If I go for a Zxi AT, can I opt for a ceska (or alternative good 7" touch screen infotainment systems) after market? What is the potential impact on warranty?

On the same note, what other good options are available apart from ceska?
Old 5th October 2014, 00:25   #1479
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Got a chance to check out a Maroon Ciaz ZDI earlier today. The car was locked and the PDI guys had gone home with the keys, so I got to check it out from the outside only.

My impressions:

14) Start/Stop button looked plasticky and tacky. No premium touch (such as a chrome ring) around it.
Thanks for the pics.
I have some doubts.
As reported by you, the car didn't have chrome ring around the start button. Also rear lacks chrome touch(on boot, around number plate) as seen in the pics. But all cars in the reviews had those. So does it mean that it is some kind of dealer installation(chrome package), like the centre alloy wheel caps, which doesn't come preinstalled but are installed at dealership.
Or is it only ZDi+ specific??

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-marutisuzukiciazphotos30.jpg

Chrome ring
Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-untitled.png

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 5th October 2014 at 00:26.
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2014, 01:13   #1480
Team-BHP Support

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1, the SX4 replacement

Quote:
Yet another stupid question... If I go for a Zxi AT, can I opt for a ceska (or alternative good 7" touch screen infotainment systems) after market? What is the potential impact on warranty?

On the same note, what other good options are available apart from ceska?

It is Caska. And another option is MegaAudio. However- it will take sometime after launch for both these products to hit the market - since they are customised for each model.

Warranty should be fine as long as the OE wires are not played around with. And Maruti is not known to make a fuss about warranty claims. However- to be on the safe side- get the installation done from a good installer and ensure no OE wires are cut for the installation.
Old 5th October 2014, 06:47   #1481
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Thanks for the pics.
I have some doubts.
As reported by you, the car didn't have chrome ring around the start button. Also rear lacks chrome touch(on boot, around number plate) as seen in the pics. But all cars in the reviews had those.

Or is it only ZDi+ specific??

Regards,
Shashi
That's a nice catch Shashi.

I just rechecked a few pictures on the internet and I think you are right ,all these are part of ZDi+ as you mentioned above.
Now Iam kind of getting more eager to know what else is omitted from all other variants except ZDi+.Infact these pics were posted on this thread earlier however I guess most of us overlooked these details.

I see that the chrome door handles start from ZDi as mentioned by ambee as well earlier , we see them in the pics from Ravenavi however the door handles are body colored in VDi+ as seen in pics below.

Lets wait until Monday and we will have all the speculations out to rest .

few pics of VDi+ from gaadiwadi.com

Cheers,
pdma.

Last edited by pdma : 5th October 2014 at 07:11.
pdma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2014, 10:44   #1482
BANNED

Just got some confirmation from industry friends. The only reason Maruti is not doing launch earlier than tomorrow is because they have leaves till today. Expect launch at vasant kunj head office tomorrow.
Old 5th October 2014, 11:51   #1483
BANNED

Now we have definite confirmation that launch will happen tomorrow at gurgaon kingdom of dreams before lunch.
Old 5th October 2014, 12:37   #1484
BHPian

Suraaksha Bangalore also confirmed that launch is tomorrow. Vehicle will be available for display but test drive may not be possible.

They promised to formally invite all customers who has booked the car for the launch ceremony. But, its a pity that no such invite has reached me yet.
Old 5th October 2014, 12:37   #1485
BHPian

In fact I have been invited along w my family tomorrow by ABT in chennai to their guindy showroom at 430pm for the showroom launch.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks