Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2014, 06:42   #1366
BANNED

re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99

My cut-off price for a Ciaz VXi+ will be 7.2 - 7.4 lakhs ex-showroom in Delhi, based on what I see and also basis what the competition has on offer. The waiting list on some other sedans (Zest, City) also will have reference to the pricing on offer. At the same time, I don't see the petrol / diesel price differentials being very huge either, especially in and around NCR. Top end in either version over 9.99 lakhs will be a tough act to pull.
Old 24th September 2014, 10:11   #1367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Am so tempted to change my booking to the Auto but each time i look at the mileage figures of DZire being quoted from anywhere between 8.5kmpl (topgear) to 11kmpl (Zigwheels), i step back. Wonder how good the ARAI certification of 19kmpl on Ciaz is in real world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Marutis are typically close to their ARAI figures, from what I have experienced so far. I am guessing 11-12 kmpl inside the city and anywhere near 15-16 on the highways should be good enough. The Ciaz is a light car and the 1.4L K-series mill is pretty efficient.
+1 to your views Avi.

When I bought the Wagon R CNG, frugality was my top most priority.
As per the ARAI figures, Wagon R is certified @ 26.1 kms/kg.

Real time figures on the highway on days when the CNG pressure was good have exceeded 32 kms/kg.

Irrespective of the traffic conditions, the FE never lowers 19.5 kms/kg.

Infact, even the petrol FE claim is about 21 kmpl. Highway conditions easily yields 18-19 kmpl.

Ciaz runs on a diet engine. The claimed FE is quite possible considering it is a light car.
arnabchak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2014, 11:26   #1368
BHPian

Sure Ciaz has died with nothing more to talk about. Everyone has opined enough on what facts they have in hand. No news from the dealer desk even for customers who have booked it. Wonder how the drive with Ranveer is going on. IMO its a pathetic promo stunt, but even Ford did the same with the ecosport before launch. Teasing people to get the best out of curiosity.
I doubt Maruti is planning to price it lower than city or verna for the supposedly maximum effort they have made till date.

Does the audio console play video also?
Does it not have self retracting rear view mirrors?
How much will it cost to get a sunroof done?
Will the accents of chrome available on the China model be available as accessories?
Old 24th September 2014, 11:40   #1369
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti starts dispatches to dealers, test cars in transit.

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-bynjz3lcmaaegbu.jpg
Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-bynjz1acuaawgu.jpg

Source:GW
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th September 2014, 12:01   #1370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti starts dispatches to dealers, test cars in transit.

Attachment 1291837
Attachment 1291838

Source:GW
+1. Just got an SMS from the dealer with lots of text starting with "Heartiest congratulations on booking your Maruti car"!
Nilesh5417 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2014, 12:29   #1371
Distinguished - BHPian

Maybe due to the camera distortion, but those alloys look horrible. The wheelbase however adds to the sleek looks of the car.

Yes the chrome add ons will be a part of MGA and might come as a part of some dealer limited edition crap too.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2014, 13:02   #1372
Distinguished - BHPian

First promotional video of the Ciaz:

RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2014, 18:19   #1373
BANNED

The Ciaz variants information is out see below

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ed-390606.aspx

Last edited by scarlet.fever : 24th September 2014 at 18:25.
scarlet.fever is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2014, 20:59   #1374
Senior - BHPian

ABS+EBD and driver airbags from VXi+ variant, with passenger airbags also in ZXi trim. Looks like VXi+ might be the most VFM choice with ZXi being the next best option.
Old 24th September 2014, 21:24   #1375
Distinguished - BHPian

Yeah, and the Zxi+ will definitely be overpriced for that ugly touch screen unit and an ill-fitted leather seat package. Not sure if I missed anything else on offer on the + variant. Honestly I like the HU on the ZXi better. And the leather seats look like some aftermarket add-on. Since I could do a side by side comparo with my SX4, the leather on my car was well fit when it came from MSIL. The Ciaz upholstery was disappointing.
Old 24th September 2014, 21:30   #1376
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Yeah, and the Zxi+ will definitely be overpriced for that ugly touch screen unit and an ill-fitted leather seat package. Not sure if I missed anything else on offer on the + variant. Honestly I like the HU on the ZXi better. And the leather seats look like some aftermarket add-on. Since I could do a side by side comparo with my SX4, the leather on my car was well fit when it came from MSIL. The Ciaz upholstery was disappointing.
What about 16" alloys and meatier tyres?
Old 24th September 2014, 22:03   #1377
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
What about 16" alloys and meatier tyres?
Consider this, both can be procured at a small cost especially when new tyres fetch decent buyback rates.

The SX4 had a 60k price difference for the top end optional pack that came with AVN and Leather interiors. I expect the same or more difference for the Ciaz.

However,

If the Zxi misses out on the vanity features like sun shades, Bluetooth connectivity, etc for which we have to wait for the official brochure, then it will male better sense to buy the + variant.
Old 24th September 2014, 22:14   #1378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Consider this, both can be procured at a small cost especially when new tyres fetch decent buyback rates.

The SX4 had a 60k price difference for the top end optional pack that came with AVN and Leather interiors. I expect the same or more difference for the Ciaz.

However,

If the Zxi misses out on the vanity features like sun shades, Bluetooth connectivity, etc for which we have to wait for the official brochure, then it will male better sense to buy the + variant.
Consider this, Corolla GL comes with 15" alloys. The official quote for 16 inchers from Corolla is 80k for a set of four.

If you go for aftermarket then again you void warranty and get no benefit when you go for resale. So lets take an example, you go for aftermarket alloys and 16" tyres, even after good buyback, depending on alloy choice, you will end up shelling 30k (20k alloys and 2.5k per tire after exchange).

Now if Zdi and Zdi+ are at a differential of 50k. What do you get?

Factor fitted 16 inchers that don't void warranty.

Touchscreen Head Unit with integrated camera (which you don't like but that's your personal opinion)

Integrated GPS boon for ppl who live outstation.

Leather seats which you don't like but again that's your personal opinion.

Other chrome tid bits.

So in my books these features are well worth 50k premium. Anyone who has the budget should go for them and avoid aftermarket mods. If difference is 1 lakh then I am sure ppl will flock the Zxi.
aseem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2014, 22:50   #1379
BANNED

Those are the reasons why I booked the ZDi+. I don't have any more details as it was done via the car guy(who helps in the load procedure).Some things can't be added as aftermarket extras, not to mention the hassle and time wasted in doing so. A fully loaded stock car is much better IMHO.

Eagerly waiting for the car, never thought I'd say this for a Maruti, plus this is the safest car which favors the rear passengers.
I always wonder why they don't provide side airbags and ESP as optional on the top most variants.
A Swift VXi (ABS) buyer and a Ciaz Z+buyer do not have the same budget.
Well, atleast they're providing a single airbag on the variants except the base one.

Does anyone have any idea when the dealers will have a display car? They should be coming from Gurgaon, right?
I agree with the Buzz dying, all because of the amount of information already available not to mention the large amount of reviews.
Old 25th September 2014, 00:26   #1380
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
Consider this, Corolla GL comes with 15" alloys. The official quote for 16 inchers from Corolla is 80k for a set of four.

If you go for aftermarket then again you void warranty and get no benefit when you go for resale. So lets take an example, you go for aftermarket alloys and 16" tyres, even after good buyback, depending on alloy choice, you will end up shelling 30k (20k alloys and 2.5k per tire after exchange).

Now if Zdi and Zdi+ are at a differential of 50k. What do you get?

Factor fitted 16 inchers that don't void warranty.

Touchscreen Head Unit with integrated camera (which you don't like but that's your personal opinion)

Integrated GPS boon for ppl who live outstation.

Leather seats which you don't like but again that's your personal opinion.

Other chrome tid bits.

So in my books these features are well worth 50k premium. Anyone who has the budget should go for them and avoid aftermarket mods. If difference is 1 lakh then I am sure ppl will flock the Zxi.
We cant compare the cost of a corollas alloy to maruti. You can get a set of four alloys for 20k in Maruti(read SX4, Dzire, Ertiga..) forgetting buyback or sale of the 15 incher alloys. Hence, the calculation will have to be altered a bit here.

Suppose I sell off the 15inch alloys for 3.5k a piece in the internet , I will pay a price difference of 1-1.5k per alloy when I purchase the 16 inch alloys from MGA(no aftermarket for me). Assume I pay a price difference of 2k per tyre, the alloy + tyre cost will be around 15k - 20k worst case.

Secondly, I am one who prefers the top end offering always. I m definitely not someone who thinks buying a Swift Vxi and getting it decked outside saves me money. When we brought the SX4, for a price difference of 70k, we got a lot on the ZXi compared to the VXi. Here, in case of the Ciaz, the + variants will definitely be VFM if the differential as you say is less than 60k.

But, I think it will be more than that and the difference will be around 80k. If its as per your speculation, yes I would any day buy a Zdi+ instead of the Zdi.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks