Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2014, 20:47   #1216
Team-BHP Support

re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naetik30 View Post
If they price it 1lakh below honda city - that will be too close to or equal Verna pricing of equivalent variant. As a buyer, I would pick the Verna instead of Ciaz if pricing is too close. Especially in diesel, ciaz would be crushed.

I think maruti should price it same as Ertiga. Like how Hyundai has priced the Xcent and i20.
Not sure if I'm missing something but the prices for the Verna are less than 20K difference with the City. I checked the top 2 models of both:

http://www.carwale.com/comparecars/h...3189&car4=3190

http://www.carwale.com/comparecars/h...3193&car4=3194

Secondly for anyone who is chauffeur driven, the Verna will be a poor choice. The rear seats coupled with the high speed pitching (I understand this is greatly reduced but still not gone completely) means the rear seats are not the best place to be in. Even though the engine is the best in class, the driver involvement is nowhere close.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2014, 21:02   #1217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Not sure if I'm missing something but the prices for the Verna are less than 20K difference with the City. I checked the top 2 models of both:

http://www.carwale.com/comparecars/h...3189&car4=3190

http://www.carwale.com/comparecars/h...3193&car4=3194

Secondly for anyone who is chauffeur driven, the Verna will be a poor choice. The rear seats coupled with the high speed pitching (I understand this is greatly reduced but still not gone completely) means the rear seats are not the best place to be in. Even though the engine is the best in class, the driver involvement is nowhere close.
Hi

You are right about the official prices. But the discounts on Verna and exchange/loyalty bonus plus freebies inclusive prices are way lower whereas City has no discounts. I can tell that with confidence coz I just got my new Verna two weeks ago after checking City.
Old 7th September 2014, 21:27   #1218
Distinguished - BHPian

Cross-posting from the 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift thread:

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-comparo.gif

Assuming there's no change in the above prices, if you ask me, MSIL would want to price the diesel Ciaz bang in the middle of the Fiesta/Linea prices, because it's powertrains are more or less similar to those two. Plus, that will help it in undercutting both, the City and the Verna, by a margin which would feel comfortable to the mass-market customer.

Since the range starts with a pretty well-loaded VDI, here's my assumption on ex-showroom Delhi introductory prices:

VDI - 7.99L,

VDI+ - 8.79L,

ZDI - 9.39L,

ZDI+ - 9.89L. (undercutting the City VMT and close to the Verna SX)

Which would mean an introductory pricing of Ciaz VXI at 7.09L, and which would keep plenty of distance between the Ciaz, DZire and Ertiga. And not drifting too far from the immediate competition, plus keeping the prices competitive enough.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 7th September 2014 at 21:33.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2014, 22:24   #1219
Distinguished - BHPian

Mods, was TBHP invited to the media drive?? Any idea when the official review would be up??
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2014, 22:54   #1220
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

Since the range starts with a pretty well-loaded VDI, here's my assumption on ex-showroom Delhi introductory prices:

VDI - 7.99L,

VDI+ - 8.79L,

ZDI - 9.39L,

ZDI+ - 9.89L. (undercutting the City VMT and close to the Verna SX)

Which would mean an introductory pricing of Ciaz VXI at 7.09L, and which would keep plenty of distance between the Ciaz, DZire and Ertiga. And not drifting too far from the immediate competition, plus keeping the prices competitive enough.
[/left]
[/center]
If this pricing is going to be true(which is expected) then we can expect the Vxi to be 6.99L ex showroom since I am told that there might be a 1L+ difference between the petrol and diesel.

Imagine the tagline Ciaz starting from 6.99L ex showroom

I bet they'll undercut the price heavily as of now. Later if they plan to add bigger engines, they will still have a lot of price window to play with.
Old 7th September 2014, 22:56   #1221
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I bet they'll undercut the price heavily as of now. Later if they plan to add bigger engines, they will still have a lot of price window to play with.
Similar is the pricing with the Ertiga and they do have some space left to increase prices if and when they launch it with a powerful engine.

Hope it happens!

Anurag.
Old 7th September 2014, 23:44   #1222
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naetik30 View Post
Ciaz with its tiny engine is no comparison to Verna or City.
City diesel is well within the range of the Ciaz diesel.

City - 1.5 iDTec
99ps @ 3600 rpm
200 Nm@ 1750 rpm.

Ciaz - 1.3 DDiS
90 ps @ 4000 rpm
200 Nm@ 1750 rpm.

Now - considering the important power to weight ratios -
City - 85 ps / ton. Ciaz - 81.4 ps /ton

And the torque to weight ratio (even more important for diesel) -
City - 172 Nm/ton Ciaz - 181 Nm/ton

Now can you tell how the tiny diesel is not capable of matching upto the city? Only issue would be the turbo-lag but reviews suggest that Maruti has worked on it well.

Petrols- yes, agreed. And Verna shines with both the engine range, though i think its going to get tough for Verna considering its been around for sometime.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th September 2014, 00:45   #1223
Distinguished - BHPian

The overdrive test drive review video states that the Automatic version is 4 speed (not CVT as mentioned here earlier) and that it will be launched later.

Is this true?
Old 8th September 2014, 04:10   #1224
BHPian

Thought I'd weigh in:

In Bombay, we have a Yeti 4X4 and were looking for a replacement for our 2010 Polo Highline Diesel. After driving the Corolla, City, Verna, we weren't able to find a suitable replacement and decided to make more efficient use of our Yeti till a suitable launch came along. We decided to avoid getting another German car based on how expensive they are to keep in "Parsi" owned condition.

Based on everything we've read/ seen, the Ciaz appears to be that replacement. Ride quality appears superior to everything else out there (the 16 inch wheels help no doubt) and the Maruti service experience is also a big draw. Add to that the superior luxury features, space, comfort and fuel efficiency of the 1.3 Diesel and I see no reason to pick the only alternative (the Honda City), especially given the near identical performance figures between the two powerplants.

Maruti have clearly pumped more resources into taking on the Korean threat and the Verna is simply outclassed here. I was impressed by the City but I am blown away by the Ciaz diesel. I just wish there was an AMT Diesel option or a CNG Petrol option

Last edited by Screwdriva : 8th September 2014 at 04:11.
Old 8th September 2014, 09:26   #1225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Because their main USP for both the cars were space and back seat comfort. Not only there were no other major strengths, they had some weakness as well in the forum of dealership strength, interior design and quality etc.

With the launch of the Honda City & now Ciaz - both of which offers great backseat comfort (Ciaz based on reviews) along with a whole lot of other strengths- these cars have now lost their relavance.

Note - Its the Renault Scala and not the Pulse thats based on Sunny.
How about the Vento/Rapid pair not coming up in the discussion mix? They are in the same range and have some strengths too, like European build. Just curious since we thought of Renault-Nissan not being discussed and still the VW name didn't come up.
Old 8th September 2014, 09:38   #1226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
How about the Vento/Rapid pair not coming up in the discussion mix? They are in the same range and have some strengths too, like European build. Just curious since we thought of Renault-Nissan not being discussed and still the VW name didn't come up.
Exactly my thoughts Zen!!

It seems pretty obvious from the discussions that the VAG twins will be sort of decimated after the launch.
Thanks to no great deal for their "superlative" ASC stories.

Also, probably, the market is more or less fixed. City has its own share of consumers. It will be affected largely due to delivery constraints.
But my sincere feeling is that Ciaz will at into the other three pies more significantly- Verna, Rapid and Vento.

Not taking into account the already low selling Fiesta and the Linea here.
(Ps: Dont crucify me for calling Fiesta low selling but honestly, I am yet to see a single new Fiesta on road in Thane or for that matter even in Mumbai suburbs!!)
arnabchak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2014, 10:49   #1227
Distinguished - BHPian

After knowing the the feedback on the Ciaz diesel, I really want to TD and know how does it perform! I could never ever think that Maruti could derive mentioned numbers out of this engine. On the other hand, it shows the "FE" is gonna rule our market than "power".
Old 8th September 2014, 11:09   #1228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB16 View Post
Is the SX4 still available or all the units have been sold?
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Some random unsold stock will be left. From around six months the stock was very less, maybe one or two cars per dealer. That too vaned away and I think the last batch of 50 cars were some government order or something.

I had spoken to Rana Motors in Delhi about a week ago, they had 2 SX4 ZDI's available. White (2014) and Silver (2013). The 2013 was available for 8L on-road and the 2014 was available for 8.5L on-road.

These were the quotes they gave me over the phone, and I could sense that there was scope for further reduction of around 50K on either car.

Last edited by maglev : 8th September 2014 at 11:19.
maglev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2014, 15:08   #1229
BHPian

Some good pictures of the Ciaz (including a basic review) posted on cartrade.com:

http://www.cartrade.com/reviews/Maru...ry-205984.html

Apologies if this has already been posted earlier.
w0lf is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th September 2014, 18:07   #1230
BANNED

None can guess what's the mindset of a prospective buyer.

For some people, they will be hell-bent on some manufacturers / models. If one has Ciaz in his mind, he will end up buying Ciaz only. So, concrete statements like "a customer looking for Ciaz will end up buying another car" is invalid in their case.

For someone else, there won't be any concrete decision till he finalise to buy one car. It keeps on changing: from A-segment hatch to premium hatch and vice versa, from premium hatch to compact sedan / midsizer / compact SUV and vice versa... it keeps on changing till he finalise one. Here also, concrete statements like "a customer looking for Ciaz won't buy any another car" is invalid.

Peace to all.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 8th September 2014 at 18:09.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks