Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2014, 19:56   #1351
Senior - BHPian

re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
I was just viewing the website and it says bookings are open.Also the advanced interior sections feature items like rear arm rest ,front arm rest,sun glass holder etc. These are things which are quite common , i really wonder how these are advanced features.

Well in case if Maruti gets the price right this car might be a winner.
They are advanced for a "Maruti"

Jokes apart, if you compare with the car it is replacing(SX4) these features are are miles ahead. Name any other Maruti car having these features ?

Looking at the feedback and comments by people, I feel that Maruti better price this car at least 1 Lakh cheaper than the Honda city trims (OTR).

Any difference of 40-50K, a person shelling out 10 Lakhs will not mind spending bit extra on Honda city
rajshenoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2014, 20:40   #1352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post

Any difference of 40-50K, a person shelling out 10 Lakhs will not mind spending bit extra on Honda city
I totally agree with you Raj on this point.The price is the key and I guess maruthi too knows the fact they need to be a decent notch lower to ensure they dent Honda. On the other hand iam very happy for the Honda owners there as Ciaz for sure will mellow down Honda's attitude.

Cheers,
pdma.
Old 21st September 2014, 11:06   #1353
Distinguished - BHPian

For those interested in the petrol Ciaz, here's a review by Zigwheels:

http://www.zigwheels.com/reviews-adv...-review/19784/

Excerpt:

Quote:
Maruti knows very well that most petrol car users want an easy going car for city conditions and it’s here where the Ciaz is completely in its elements. Acceleration is linear and has sufficient thrust to keep you from wanting for more. The engine does sound a bit too gruff over 2000rpm or thereabouts. It’s an irritant on a highway stint when you wring in the motor for more mid-to-top end performance but keep it in the low range and it makes for a relaxing drive.

There’s no reason why you shouldn’t buy a Maruti Ciaz petrol as a city runabout over its rivals in the segment. It is easy to drive and more efficient, has all the set of features you’d want in a car of its class, looks premium enough and will in all likelihood come with a smashing price tag. The petrol Ciaz though falls short on the performance front. If you like your revs, enjoy the twisties and drive with a heavy foot more often than not, this isn’t the car for you.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2014, 14:00   #1354
BHPian

I am going out on a limb to say that the petrol version will start at 5.99 ex showroom and diesel at 6.99 ex showroom. Of course, they will be revised in January by 25k.
Old 21st September 2014, 14:52   #1355
Senior - BHPian

No ways, can the Ciaz start at 5.99. Reasons
- The Dzire itself is 5.50+ everywhere for the VXI and there is no LXI on the Ciaz
- the Ciaz would be priced at least 1.2+ lakhs over the Dzire.
- The Ciaz will be priced nearly 1 lakh lower than the City, such that the onroad will work out to be about 1.2 lower than the equivalent City variant. Note that the Ciaz does not have the newness, brand following and the engine powers of the City.
Old 21st September 2014, 15:09   #1356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalstatistiks View Post
I am going out on a limb to say that the petrol version will start at 5.99 ex showroom and diesel at 6.99 ex showroom. Of course, they will be revised in January by 25k.
I think petrol will start around 6.99 and diesel 7.99lac ex-showroom. However, if they can manage the figures you have quoted it's gonna be a blockbuster. Seems unlikely considering the prices of other cars in same segment.
Old 22nd September 2014, 00:03   #1357
BHPian

You tube is full of video reviews

Some snippets from all the videos I watched
  • Pretty good ride stability & quality at high speeds .
  • Humongous space at the rear.
  • Softer Suspension
  • Plain looks
  • Quality of plastics is less compared to City / Verna
  • Gear shits not very sleek
  • Touch screen system slow and sometimes requires us to touch the display twice to get the function up.
  • Evident turbo lag
  • Lacks mid range torque in petrol and low range torque in diesel
  • Good steering feedback at high speeds, however the EPS has some play and once needs to get used to it to understand how much steering input is required.
I observed that the boot door is naked like the city ( hope the segment is not treating this is a new bench mark and gradually everyone follows the route of Honda).

I personally liked the dashboard setup , everything looks in order and nicely placed however the interior's are way too light and will need one heck of a maintenance schedule to keep them sparkling.

The launch is just a few weeks away and like every body else looking forward for some initial ownership reviews (possibly by end of next month) to gain more clarity on the car.

cheers,
pdma.
pdma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2014, 21:59   #1358
BHPian

This is some price speculation I found on the internet.

Not sure if genuine as the ZXI+ & ZDI + seem to be on the same band hence for sure either one is wrong.

However the trend seems pretty close to the pricing of the City, lets see how the actual numbers would eventually turn out to be. As discussed already if the difference is around 50K with options like cruise control , dual airbags , touch screen AC starting from Sv , I guess City will still look to be a sweeter option.

For folks looking for the fun to drive element & european build , will be happy to shell out less.

With speculations getting intense the wait continues .

Name:  4A8F0AED0EB7C9.bmp
Views: 2788
Size:  537.3 KB

Cheers,
pdma.
Old 22nd September 2014, 23:21   #1359
Distinguished - BHPian

Now, Auto Portal reports exclusively that the Ciaz is all set to be launched by MSIL on 05th October, 2014.

SOURCE - Auto Portal
Old 23rd September 2014, 11:08   #1360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
This is some price speculation I found on the internet.

Not sure if genuine as the ZXI+ & ZDI + seem to be on the same band hence for sure either one is wrong.

Attachment 1291194

Cheers,
pdma.
For petrol the 10.5 lacs may be the ZDi+ automatic.
lalittalwar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2014, 13:04   #1361
BHPian

Guys, As far as outright performance is concerned (petrol only) which are the top 3 cars in this segment?
Old 23rd September 2014, 13:42   #1362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB16 View Post
Guys, As far as outright performance is concerned (petrol only) which are the top 3 cars in this segment?
I would go with
a) Linea Tjet
b) City iVtec
c) Vento TSi
Old 23rd September 2014, 13:56   #1363
Senior - BHPian

How is the seat height compared to SX4? I loved the tall seat height of SX4.
Old 23rd September 2014, 21:40   #1364
Senior - BHPian

The buzz around Ciaz has dropped to near zero! No spottings? No pics from the stockyards. No new findings? MSIL really needs to do something about it. I booked the car on Day 1 and i've lost interest already. Keep following the Scorpio, Vento-Rapid DSG threads and don't even remember this one most of the time. Last year, after the Ecosport booking, it was crazy trying to keep up with all the discussions.

If its so quiet on the forum and on the internet, i wonder if people out there really even know its coming!
Old 23rd September 2014, 23:06   #1365
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post

If its so quiet on the forum and on the internet, i wonder if people out there really even know its coming!
Lol.

Since there were many pictures floating around and also reviews by most of the media guys disclosing almost all of the details except for pricing. Hence there is nothing left to tell the world so the lack of pictures or hungama by the media.

Most of them are just eagerly waiting for the pricing.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 23rd September 2014 at 23:08.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks