Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2014, 14:29   #1456
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99

That critical component can also be the touchscreen infotainment system. In more than one reviews(autocar,for example), it was reportedly slow and intermittent in responding.
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th September 2014, 14:35   #1457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Could be Infra Red. I guess it could be related to the IRVM or the top-end variant HU functioning.

Anurag.
IR stands for Industrial Relations. And without the critical component, the engine cannot run!
cpbopanna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2014, 14:40   #1458
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna View Post

IR stands for Industrial Relations. And without the critical component, the engine cannot run!
Lol. Thanks for the clarification. I was visualising which component could it be with 'IR'!

Can you elaborate a bit further on this component?

Anurag.
Old 30th September 2014, 14:41   #1459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, I think that certainly is a plausible cause for delay. This problem has been notified to public as well on Sept 16th.

http://www.bseindia.com/corporates/a...A&expandable=0

Last edited by NetfreakBombay : 30th September 2014 at 14:41. Reason: Typo
NetfreakBombay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2014, 14:54   #1460
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
1+1 =2

Bosch is having IR issues, yes almost every manufacturer is depended on them.

http://www.newindianexpress.com/busi...cle2434294.ece
http://www.just-auto.com/news/boschs..._id150343.aspx

However, the launch of the Ciaz has only been rescheduled by 1 day? Earlier rumour was October 5, now its October 6.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2014, 15:11   #1461
KRN
BHPian

I read the Autocar review of the Ciaz and also the comparison shoot out between the City and the Ciaz diesel

This is a rare occurrence where Autocar has not chosen a clear winner. I really liked their summary where they have said that the City is the better product but the Ciaz is the better package.

Personally, purely based on info available, I feel that the Ciaz is a better buy in diesel form, while the City is better in petrol form.

Being a prospective petrol sedan buyer, I really would have loved to see the Ciaz with a better petrol engine. Looks like the City may have an edge in my purchase decision at this point.

I am eagerly looking forward to the team bhp official review before plonking my money on one of these cars.

I would request the mods to include a quick comparison of both the cars in petrol, CVT and diesel forms.
Old 30th September 2014, 15:22   #1462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
However, the launch of the Ciaz has only been rescheduled by 1 day? Earlier rumour was October 5, now its October 6.
Maybe launch will happen (to manage PR angles) but supply will be constrained for some time.
Old 30th September 2014, 15:24   #1463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post

I think its 14.07
Gear ratios are pretty good on Honda which contributes to easy drivability in city and almost no turbo lag.
I don't believe in these 0-100 figures of any mag. Overdrive stated it as 12.8. I always believed it depends on the guy who is driving so figures will vary always. I think Ciaz and City would be very near.

Main thing I wanna see is how much turbo lag is there. It's non existent in city which makes it a pleasure to drive in bumper to bumper. I am hoping the same for Ciaz. Team-BHP review will be out next week which will make things crystal clear.

Btw any news about waiting periods? I was discussing on TAI forum and members were stating waiting of 4-6 months with reports of production constraint at Maruti. Is that true?
Old 30th September 2014, 16:03   #1464
Senior - BHPian

Eventually it all boils down to the FE and long term reliability.

0-100 figures are all but just a marketing gimmick and believe me, in real time, even a 2 sec difference will not really make a hell of a difference.

What will matter is the low end torque available on tap and the turbo lag.
Which I am pretty sure will be comparable with the champion(City) and the wannabe(Ciaz)!!
Old 30th September 2014, 16:23   #1465
BHPian

That's cool, so the TBHP review is cooking...

Parts issue? No wonder we are still in rumor mode. Maruti is sure stuck with some problem so they are playing the delay game. Official launch dates are not yet confirmed. My dealer was insisting it will be post 2nd week of October and I was thinking I had better information than him, looks like I might be wrong.

In respect to speed and drive ability war between Honda city and Ciaz, it is all about who is ready to give up what to get what and still live with it without complaining.
Old 30th September 2014, 16:45   #1466
Senior - BHPian

Lot of people comparing Ciaz with current market leader Honda City. My friend got one recently & got a chance to sit in it couple of times. Car is good, no doubt on that. But its not great. Interiors, again i found it good but not great. He has top end with Automatic climate control with touch screen & all. So Ciaz is at par with City in every aspect. I am sure people will have a good choice in terms of Ciaz over City & Verna. My guess is it is going to be a very tough fight between City & Ciaz in the market. From the reports from other sites, all are confirming it has everything people are looking for in this class. Frankly i liked Ciaz more from the photos till now. City is good in looks but i don't like its thick chrome plate on the front. Looks very cheap. Ciaz looks much sober in comparison. This is my personal opinion, don's start debate here
Old 30th September 2014, 18:06   #1467
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The launch of the Ciaz is getting delayed because the manufacturer of a critical component has (IR) problems - resulting in the delayed production (and supply) of THAT critical component and thereby delay in car manufacture!
I dont think thats true. They already have a stock of 6000+ cars and that itself is good enough to dish out quite a few deliveries asap. At this moment, even if the manufacturing is stalled, they can at least deliver cars to the people who have booked the car by now, which is way better than some other cars which had supply shortage yet booked in large numbers.
Old 30th September 2014, 22:22   #1468

Launch date of 6th October is confirmed from my dealer and test drives on offer from Monday onwards.

Can't wait, will let everyone know about the first impressions from a prospective owner.
Old 30th September 2014, 22:32   #1469
VKS
BHPian

The sales of other cars must be seeing a fall just because people have been waiting for Ciaz to get launched and then take a decision.

I am waiting on the fence for Ciaz to launch .My list is Ciaz, City and Fiesta . I need to make a choice between the them.
Old 1st October 2014, 11:37   #1470
BHPian

The Auto tranmission is limited to VXI+ and ZXI. VXI and ZXI+ dont have this option. Now the challenge with this is clearly the 15" alloy wheels one has to settle with if they choose AT. And that could lead to an ungainly looking verhicle for its size sitting on smaller tyres. I am only hazarding a guess here.

1) So, what is the easiest way to upgrade to a higher size? The challenge is that this is a fresh new car in market. So, will i find folks who will buy my alloys/tyres (designed only for CIAZ) in exchange for 16" alloys and wheels? And where will they use these alloys later?

2) And will any such an upgrade lead to warranty annulment?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks