Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2013, 15:31   #31
BHPian

re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99

Wow! Looks like the new car is finally coming of age and if sketches convey the proportions right, Maruti will have another block buster car in their arsenal.
Can we expect a 1.4 Turbo Petrol (No harm in hoping )?
Old 8th August 2013, 17:21   #32
BHPian

Fantastic scoop.
Now will the li'l birdie give info about the XA Alpha?
Any estimated price info, equipment list available?
Also does he have any info about the Ritz/A Star replacement?

Cheers

Last edited by Achyuth Vaibhav : 8th August 2013 at 17:22.
Old 8th August 2013, 17:28   #33
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Thank you for the scoop and sketches! The car should turn out to be a real looker if it uses the Authentics design elements well. The 1.4 litre Ertiga engine, with the power perhaps bumped up from 95PS to 100PS if only for that psychological effect , should be good for this car. The 1.3 DDiS VGT would be the main sales driver, I guess. But considering the ratio of petrol:diesel Ertiga sales, the 1.4 should do well for itself too.

It's obvious Maruti Suzuki want to be a complete manufacturer across segments and not just be content with dominating the economy segments. More competition from fresh cars is always welcome for the car buyers!
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2013, 17:38   #34
BANNED

is the Authentics a Kizashi replacement.? is it coming to india ?
Old 8th August 2013, 17:55   #35
BHPian

Anshuman 2 things

1) When and how much?
2) Did you draw those sketches, if yes, will you teach me. Those look really good.

Seriously good work, keep it up.
Old 8th August 2013, 20:23   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
^ Little Birdie and I made this Sketch, which looks exactly as the original car.
I really liked the wonderful sketches. They are truly amazing.

The car looks proportional and aesthetically pleasing. I uess they will look good on the road.
Old 8th August 2013, 21:06   #37
BHPian

As an SX4 owner, I have mixed feelings.

Better interiors? Much needed, absolutely welcome.
Smaller petrol engine? No No! Common MSIL, that's the part that still has my love going for my current car.

While the design looks interesting in the sketches, I hope they offer a bigger engine at least as an option.
Or should they not, so I can be happy with my current engine?

PS: I said I have mixed feelings!
Old 9th August 2013, 01:44   #38
BHPian

Maruti Meeting for a new car for India.
CEO: Ahoy! All on board. New car to be made.
Technical Expert 1 (TE1): Will have 1.3 DDIS 90hp Diesel and 1.4 K series Petrol motors from Ertiga. We already have them Saar! Indians no waste! Use fullLL.
TE2: Seems to be based on the same platform as Ertiga.
TE3: NO Saar! Design theme same as Authentics concept showcased earlier but detailing is different and simpler because the peoples like simple and has to be different as they already seen the pictures saar. We have to surprise the public saar!
TE4: The people of this country are getting bigger. Lot of work, lot of stress (they have to get our car serviced). Heard on the side: Do you know the guy who went to get his 16 yr old maruti 800 serviced as a MASS (Maruti authorised service sation). He ended up paying in excess of Rs. 30000 for the 65000 kms service (Changed all the shock absorbers, the entire clutch assembly, the carburettor, the distributor) (yours truly).
Head of HR and PR: Quite please
TE4: Continuing form where we left off..no play, thus we need lots of space for the rear seat, possibly best in class.
Design Head (DH): What class?
TE5: Of course, our class saaaar in maruti. You no worry. All is well. The car is as high as the Vento and about the same size.
PR head: Choice of materials is premium, no negotiations on that!
Materials chief: Maybe saar, material for dashboard is not finalised yet. Current test car gets smooth glossy dashboard material over grainy textured material that is usually used. That will do saar. Maruti badge enough saar. We still have tier 6 and seven cities where people swear by our product saar.
Design Head (DH): Design theme for Interiors is similar to Swift, Ertiga and Kizashi. Just like all other Maruti cars, majority of bits are shared. Top portion is Black, lower portion gets overdose of beige. Door and carpets are Beige. This has been decided. Ok add another one to the list, make the Floor hump is small.
Finance chief: Keep in mind. People (who? Those in maruti or the public) here don’t like change, thus Door controls were exactly same as Swift.
External Evaluator: The curvy styling looks really good.
TE 6: There is always an option of push to start with all our cars saar.. Sorry I mean push button start, possibly keyless function too as our pockets have become small due to economic reasons and our honourable governments’ efforts to help all its citizens
TE 7: Only maruti takes care of its customers pockets. We are all Librans saar. The customer is happy to lighten his pockets for us saar. They have been doing it for the last 25 years. We make car a little cheap to buy and damn expensive to maintain. Japanese management saar.
TE8: Puddle lamps will be offered. Four bulbs only saar. We need in our country as we do not know where the road begins or ends. I give it in writing that this feature alone will win the new car the COTY award.
TE9: I have an idea saar. From the ecco or the versa or any other model, we can chop a few bits of plastic and send some air though it for the rear. IF not it is a great moment of Japan to establish good relationship with china. We can always ask them to give us a few plastic bits from Geely (a car manufacturer in china) from their car brilliant. Thus, rear seat gets 2 A/C vents in rear.
(Interesting to read about Geely and its cars were EURO NCAP tested).
External Evaluator: The rear windshield looked similar to Superb.
Design Head: Meters gets bright glowing white rings, otherwise feel similar to other Maruti cars. The MID display is white. People will not know it is Maaaruti Saar. They will come back to ask questions which our underpaid, overworked, empty headed point of contact sales and service people will find difficult to answer.
CEO: Ok, most importantly, Front grille is exactly same as new facelifted SX4. Otherwise how will people know that it is sx4 but new and improved. Have you not seen the ads for the soaps rin, ariel, etc.. New and improved. All through the lifespan of the individual new and improved. Change the packaging.
Please remember we still sell maruti 800 by advertising: the great clear headlamps, easy to use, crumple zones to protect your loved onces (this is what is written on the site. Not a figment of my imagination. The link is as follows: (http://www.marutisuzuki.com/maruti800/Featuresnew.aspx)
Chief Financial Officer: Leather seats feel premium. Please add it.
Heavy design section head: Tires are 185/60R15. We got offer from company a and b (they will make the tires free for us and information from our competitors that they are going to use 15 inches. Otherwise we can still continue with our regular 12 and thirteen inches and price the product extremely competitively.
Alloys are Hyper Silver in colour
TE 9: Middle A/C vents from Ertiga. Same steering wheel as Ertiga, but black in color. Audio controls look the same.
Design chief: Keyless funtion confirmed. (Anyways we can start all our cars without keys.. Off the record please)
TE 8: I have just come up with another great idea saaaar. Electronic folding Mirrors need to be used. All the spares form kizashi can be used. Less inventory.
CEO: Okay folks. No Automatic Transmission in this batch. Headlamps look Mercedes inspired, similar to ones on new E-Class. People should think they are driving benchz.

Please note this is a parody. No offense is intended. The spelling mistakes are intentional and so are the grammatical errors and punctuations. I am basically tired of all our car companies in particular and other services in general taking us for a ride, selling stuff, which would not have sold in other markets and keeping the price as the major reason. It is even code name YL1 may be we need to read it as hell1?

These people sure know the price of everything but the value of nothing!

God bless my mother land and her wonderful people.
Doc Maanava is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 9th August 2013, 09:42   #39
Senior - BHPian

I was at Radisson Hotel near the airport yesterday and there was some big conference hosted by Maruti scheduled for the day. Was this the place where the car was unveiled? Maruti does use this location to launch cars and i had spied the alto k10 here as well before the launch.
Old 9th August 2013, 11:39   #40
Senior - BHPian

@Doc Maanava What the hell have you been smoking man?

Parts sharing is de rigueur with ALL manufacturers these days. That's how the whole automotive industry rolls, because there is a lot of sense involved in doing so. From complete drivetrains and platforms to steerings, knobs and door handles, most components find themselves lodged in more than one automobile from one particular manufacturer and then some more. So, Maruti definitely isn't playing any cheap tricks on us, apart from being a little sketchy on the safety front(strictly equipment wise). I still think the guys over at MSIL are doing a fantastic job. After developing competent cars like the DZire and the Ertiga, MSIL is quite capable of making the ZL1 a complete, square product and a much needed replacement for the wonky SX4. Apart from the A-Star, Kizashi and the Grand Vitara, all the MSIL products have effortless success stories, which isn't exactly easy to achieve.

And oh, the headlamps might resemble the ones on the new W212, but that's hardly something to mull on, considering the fact that the complete design of the Swift shouted Mini Cooper and it still went on to become a runaway success. In India, MSIL bought desirability to the masses, and I respect them for that.

Last edited by AyAn! : 9th August 2013 at 11:42.
AyAn! is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th August 2013, 12:20   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Maanava View Post
i
Please note this is a parody. No offense is intended.
Nice imagination, but pretty much wasted in this thread.

Maruti is preparing for an honest attack on the C segment with a sedan and an SUV. I'd rather wait and watch, than ridiculing them at this stage.

Note: SX4 was a good effort, and was considered equal/ better than Honda City by mainstream media when launched. However, Maruti would never have expected Honda to up the game so much with the all new city!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th August 2013, 14:50   #42
Senior - BHPian

Great scoop.
Only two things i am interested in knowing-
Launch date (expected)
Price.

Kindly let us know if you have any clue about this.
Old 9th August 2013, 16:09   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Maanava View Post
It is even code name YL1 may be we need to read it as hell1?

These people sure know the price of everything but the value of nothing!

God bless my mother land and her wonderful people.
What a hellish blabber is this? Such arrogance against a car or manufacturer? Are you from a rival manufacturer? Or blind towards other manufacturers who do the same part sharing among their cars and even sub brands? How can you blame a manufacturer if they decide to cut expenses by part sharing? Will you bear the losses they incur, especially during this tough financial conditions? What about other manufacturers' crap cars selling here? Maruti earned its reputation and brand image in India with their service and commitmet to peoples' need rather than selling what they like to sell. Mind it.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2013, 16:57   #44
BHPian

Thanks Anshuman and little birdie , looking forward to the launch. But slightly disappointed on hearing the engine variants, since I am an engine fanatic. The 1.3 ddis and 1.4 k takes the sheen off, unless the specs are in similar territory as that of Linea Tjet, which I doubt if MS is capable of. The design of authentic concept is chic and coupled with a good engine would make this a great buy and will give stiff competition to Honda, VW, Hyundai. Maruti , are you listening ?

Last edited by shinuak : 9th August 2013 at 17:00. Reason: Grammar and spelling correction
Old 9th August 2013, 18:28   #45
BHPian

Good to see Maruti-Suzuki keeping the competition ahead. They had been struggling for years to get a trendy car to beat the competition in Verna, City segment. Looking forward to it.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks