Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2013, 21:39   #106
BHPian

re: 2014 Toyota Innova Facelift - Now Launched!

Had gone to local Toyota dealership (Amana Toyota Malappuram) to do PDI for the current Innova VX model where I spotted the facelifted Innova G model in the stock yard. Here are the pics.

I couldn't click any pics of the interiors but they looked identical.

In the end felt good that I didn't waste any money on this upgrade.
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Toyota Innova Facelift - Now Launched!-imag0790.jpg  

2014 Toyota Innova Facelift - Now Launched!-imag0791.jpg  

2014 Toyota Innova Facelift - Now Launched!-imag0792.jpg  

mroptimist is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2013, 09:33   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroptimist View Post
Had gone to local Toyota dealership where I spotted the facelifted Innova G model in the stock yard. Here are the pics.

Hi mate, good morning. I think the Toyota designing team has checked out our forum wherein suggestions pertaining to the excessive chrome use were given as looking at this model the usage of chrome has been curbed. Still this facelift is very mediocre. The rear is just like the present model with just minor tweaks. On the whole i too support your decision. Car is not worth the price.

thanks

AD
ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2013, 13:46   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroptimist View Post
Had gone to local Toyota dealership (Amana Toyota Malappuram) to do PDI for the current Innova VX model where I spotted the facelifted Innova G model in the stock yard. Here are the pics.

I couldn't click any pics of the interiors but they looked identical.

I too did the same thing, bought the existing Innova VX, rather going for the updated model, I went with the Nippon Toyota at Cochin, but the experience was not so great, initially they didn't allowed me to do any PDI before the cash payment, even they are not allowing me to see the vehicle itself saying that it will get allocated online and we don't know the exact VIN no etc... so after a lot of hassle only they allowed me to see the vehicle, which was parked right at the top floor, it was a july manufactured car, and tires were of same month, they didn't allowed me to check the interiors etc... and the car was locked, and didn't allowed me to open the car and check etc... but from the outside view it was good, so went with car which got allocated, and took the delivery yesterday, by god's grace the car didn't had any issues, and did all the PDI at the time of delivery and all were good. But this incident left a very bad taste, and during delivery as well the SA was busy with some other customer and handed the vehicle with some other SA and in a not so good manner. Maruti is still the best, I still cherish the good moment of taking my swift delivery, but this delivery was not so great, and didn't felt like I am upgrading to a 15lakh vehicle, After hearing all the good stories I was expecting better interaction/delivery from TOYOTA, but in reality it was not like that, hopefully at least the delivered Innova should live up to the name. will soon start an ownership log and update the story,
Old 27th September 2013, 14:37   #109
Senior - BHPian

Wow, A perfect way to ruin a already good looking car. Don't know how on earth, Did the higher up's in toyota even accepted this design. Calling this Ugly, would be an understatement. Rear is still digestible, But front ? What the heck toyota ??
Old 27th September 2013, 16:33   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Hi mate, good morning. I think the Toyota designing team has checked out our forum wherein suggestions pertaining to the excessive chrome use were given as looking at this model the usage of chrome has been curbed. Still this facelift is very mediocre. The rear is just like the present model with just minor tweaks. On the whole i too support your decision. Car is not worth the price.

thanks

AD
The Innova in the pic is an base version, so they have omitted the chrome bits, the top-end will definitely have it.
Old 27th September 2013, 19:28   #111
Senior - BHPian

Today on my way to office, spotted facelift Innova parked in front of Ravindu Toyota Maratahalli. IMO it looked ugly and previous design looked much better.
Old 27th September 2013, 21:19   #112
BHPian

the front bumper doesn't blend with the car, it's bit bigger than the rest of the car which looks like some after market redesign. Better they change the design soon else they might have to give big discounts soon to sell the cars.
Old 27th September 2013, 21:50   #113
BHPian

In short, one of the decent looking MPV's spell is coming to an end. TKML should have left alone current generation Innova in Indian market. Innova is their best performing model for many years and it will be interesting to see the TKML's sales performance after they discontinue the current model. I hope those were planning to book Innova, might have used the chance to get outgoing model.

Can someone explain why MPVs are so popular in Indonesia..?
Old 28th September 2013, 00:21   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manoj View Post

I too did the same thing, bought the existing Innova VX, rather going for the updated model, I went with the Nippon Toyota at Cochin, but the experience was not so great, initially they didn't allowed me to do any PDI before the cash payment, even they are not allowing me to see the vehicle itself saying that it will get allocated online and we don't know the exact VIN no etc... so after a lot of hassle only they allowed me to see the vehicle, which was parked right at the top floor, it was a july manufactured car, and tires were of same month, they didn't allowed me to check the interiors etc... and the car was locked, and didn't allowed me to open the car and check etc... but from the outside view it was good, so went with car which got allocated, and took the delivery yesterday, by god's grace the car didn't had any issues, and did all the PDI at the time of delivery and all were good. But this incident left a very bad taste, and during delivery as well the SA was busy with some other customer and handed the vehicle with some other SA and in a not so good manner. Maruti is still the best, I still cherish the good moment of taking my swift delivery, but this delivery was not so great, and didn't felt like I am upgrading to a 15lakh vehicle, After hearing all the good stories I was expecting better interaction/delivery from TOYOTA, but in reality it was not like that, hopefully at least the delivered Innova should live up to the name. will soon start an ownership log and update the story,
Share your feedback with Tkm, it is a dealer issue and TKM should know about this behaviour of the dealer

In my experience TKM is very serious about customer experience and they will take up the case with the dealer appropriately
Old 1st October 2013, 08:45   #115
BHPian

Got a call from Madhuban Toyota yesterday. They mentioned that The face lifted Innova will launch on 9th October. They do have a display vehicle in case anyone wants to check it out
Old 2nd October 2013, 10:20   #116
BHPian

Here is a speculated price list (New Delhi) for facelifted Toyota Innova. We need to wait till official confirmation.

Some excerpts from the source

Here's the official price-list that reveals that the Toyota Innova Z will be priced at Rs.15,06,718 ex-showroom Delhi, while the on-road price in Delhi will be Rs.17,65,974.

The current Innova will keep retailing alongside this refreshed Z variant that is now the top-variant in the Innova's line-up. The Toyota Innova VX that is placed below the Innova Z is priced at Rs.14,57,760 ex-showroom Delhi and is almost priced Rs.50,000 less than the Z variant.

The top end model comes near Rs.18 lakh.. In my opinion, those who took the delivery of the outgoing model should consider themselves as lucky chaps..
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Toyota Innova Facelift - Now Launched!-13806243968n4ddsh11.jpg  

MaxTorque is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2013, 11:45   #117
Senior - BHPian

I kinda like the front looks of new Innova, but the rear is bit overdone IMO. For sure excess chrome will kill whatever better designers could work on this car.

However, I am surprised at Toyota's audacity to demand such premium for this MUV. It is the Fortuner which should have sold at this price levels & not the Innova, which should be priced around Rs. 12.5 lacs for the top end.
Old 2nd October 2013, 15:30   #118
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Toyota is all set to launch the facelifted version of the Innova in the Indian market on the 5th of October (soft launch) according to Motorbeam!

18 lakhs on-road is a ridiculous amount for this car! What is Honda doing? They should look at launching the Odyssey!

http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/toyota...-october-2013/
Old 2nd October 2013, 19:32   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
18 lakhs on-road is a ridiculous amount for this car! What is Honda doing? They should look at launching the Odyssey!
]
18 lakhs is indeed day light robbery. However, Honda Odyssey is not direct competitor to Innova. Odyssey is much bigger than Innova and it competes with Toyota Sienna and not Innova. So even if Honda launches Odyssey (highly unlikely though), it will be priced much higher than 18 lakhs (Base Odyssey and Sienna goes for around 25k - 28k USD)
Old 2nd October 2013, 19:45   #120
BHPian

I am eagerly waiting for break up of TKML's September sales. I expect a major jump in sales. But I think only limited persons will be aware of the upcoming Innova facelift.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks