Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2013, 21:16   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

re: 2014 Toyota Innova Facelift - Now Launched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmad.007 View Post
This was not the case with the Etios twins, they got hammered badly by the competetive hatchback and sedan segment. Because in that segment people are smarter with their money.
So are you suggesting that people in the segment of 13-18L Rs MUV are not smart? I think they are equally smart and put down that money on a car they feel is better than the rival's offerings that cost almost half as much the amount of money.
Also one huge factor in all this is the tremendous resale value. Innova's hold on to there value like no other car and the major chunk of that 18L will be recovered on selling the vehicle 3-4 years down the line.
Old 4th October 2013, 21:19   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
I could not afford one in 2009 too, difference between Xylo E8 and Innova V was 3.5L that time with a shortage of atleast 50% of the features.
Can we have a hypothetical case, say if you had money when you were in search for you were checking out Innova and it's competition and you go stick to your choice. The difference amount you parked in a bank fixed deposit and what would have been the outcome?
Old 4th October 2013, 21:57   #153
BHPian

TKM has updated their website with all new Innova.

Here is the link

http://www.toyotabharat.com/cars/new...ova/index.aspx

For e-brochure

http://www.toyotabharat.com/cars/new...-brochure.aspx

No new safety features.

Price list is still dated 21st September but it now includes a "z" entry.

No new colors either.

Last edited by mroptimist : 4th October 2013 at 22:00. Reason: Added some info
Old 4th October 2013, 22:52   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrous Power View Post

I agree with your point of Toyota charging much more than what Innova actually offers. Innova is expensive, no doubt about it.

However, I do not agree with you on reliability part at all. Please look at the ownership threads and you will realize that so many people are facing issues/niggles with XUV and don't have to remind you Tata Aria stories at all. And if you look at the sales chart, it is consistently clocking higher numbers than competition, why? Please don't call it herd mentality. The reason is, it offers what the people are looking for, may be at higher price but along with piece of mind that no other competitor is offering.
I said majority of vehicles are reliable. I guess that leaves me with some room for a few exceptions. XUV is a one-off case as we all know. Too many electronics and a manufacturer like Mahindra just could not handle that. As for TATA, I am yet to come across a reliable vehicle. Now, barring these two, I don't find any vehicle(almost) as particularly/inherently unreliable. Some odd cases are everywhere. For example a friend's brand new Innova, and that too 2007 model just refused to startup on its first highway trip and it took 4-5 hours for toyota engineers to get it back on track. Imagine, an Innova with under 10k kms and this problem. However, that particular vehicle has crossed the 1 lakh mark now, and is still like a brand new one, with no rattles, no sign of aging, and better NVH than the current version Innova, credit to the owner who keeps it like a new born baby.
And as to why XUV sells like hot cake, the reason is clear, its an SUV and a very good looking one at that, and also packed with features, oh and VFM, oh and comes with LED lights, did I mention the interiors are good looking too, and also the refinement? People are nuts for SUVs here. We know how popular the Safari was when it was launched. Even Scorpio sells in decent numbers.

And ofcourse, people buy the Innova because of reliability and 'peace' of mind, but lately I have seen people buying Innova just for the heck of owning one, like a fashion statement or something. Innova has grown onto Indians like an ultimate car and now people are following the herd mentality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrous Power View Post
I thought all the companies are here to do business and make money. No company is doing charity. If competition is not able to come up with product that is better than Innova, then it's not Toyota's problem.
You are damn right. Its not Toyota's problem that there is no direct competition. Rather, its the people who are still buying overpriced vehicles and are encouraging the manufacturers.
Frankly speaking there are alternatives which are better than Innova in many ways but just fall short because of the badge and unreliability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post

So are you suggesting that people in the segment of 13-18L Rs MUV are not smart? I think they are equally smart and put down that money on a car they feel is better than the rival's offerings that cost almost half as much the amount of money.
Also one huge factor in all this is the tremendous resale value. Innova's hold on to there value like no other car and the major chunk of that 18L will be recovered on selling the vehicle 3-4 years down the line.
I said people are 'smarter', that does not mean buyers from other segments are not smart.
Let me give you a hypothetical example- suppose a guy is buying a bmw (200bhp) for 40 lakhs, and suppose the same car comes with a performance variant with additional 30 bhp. Now that variant costs 43 lakhs, and he thinks how will 3 lakh matter in a 40 lakh car and books the performance variant. Is he smart/justifiable? I don't think so, maybe people from that segment think he is. 3 lakhs for just 30 bhp more? I think its nuts, but people do this all the time. And ofcourse they have the luxury of having luxury so they can justify their choice.

That is a good point, the Innova holds onto its value quite well. And resale value matters. Same with Swift, very high resale.
But, you see Innova sells because of no direct competition, I might say the XUV/Storme/Ertiga/Xylo are all competitors but the Innova guys so easily pull out their trump card of reliability and discard these vehicles as though they are useless. Its hard to argue with them. No matter how many features, how powerful the engine, how good the ride the competition has, its not enough.
Old 4th October 2013, 23:17   #155
BHPian

I went to Harsha Toyota, Chennai today to get RC book of my Fortuner 4X4. Surprise in store there! The new Innova is standing in the basement and the new Fortuner inside the showroom.
As it is described elsewhere in this thread, the design of new Innova is completely messed up from the front and the new Fortuner looks different from the front though the DRLs are missing and the only change I can see is in the front grill. I happened to see the TRD version in 4X4 and I could not find the all black theme or any single change in the Interior. It's all the same as mine which is a month old now.
Both these models will be launched on Monday - 07th October according to showroom sources.
narchennai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2013, 23:29   #156
BHPian

Greetings
Well let's start with the first " Value for money "
When Innovas started at 7 and went upto 12 that was value for money. At the cost of a safari / Scorpio you got a vehicle which was nearly the same cost , had the same features and the engine was completely trouble free and that was value for money.
The peace of mind toyota had is why it can launch the same 7 year old model with a few changes and expect 17-18 Lakhs from it.
It's important for us to understand that value was judged with comparison to safaris and Scorpios now this is a different league .
3-4 Lakhs short of capable SUVs even their own fortuner where does vfm stand here ? .
Build quality has gone down maybe we accept it because it's a toyota . We choose to turn a blind eye. Services have deteriorated drastically yet we buy it because it's a toyota.
Now the fact of it retaining its value . I have a 2006 innova G model. I bought it for 10+ and today I can sell it for 5-5.5 . That is what retaining its value means. Today someone who buys an innova at 18 and the vehicles due for replacement in 2 years how is the vehicle supposed to retain its value ?
Innova for me is no longer value for money.
I was tempted to replace it with the new innova ( 3rd gen ) but with this latest addition I feel my first generation is way better to look at and even the dip in quality of material I think I ll stick to my innova till the end.
Regards
Imran
Imran Ahmad Ali is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2013, 00:33   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narchennai View Post
I went to Harsha Toyota, Chennai today to get RC book of my Fortuner 4X4. Surprise in store there! The new Innova is standing in the basement and the new Fortuner inside the showroom.
As it is described elsewhere in this thread, the design of new Innova is completely messed up from the front and the new Fortuner looks different from the front though the DRLs are missing and the only change I can see is in the front grill. I happened to see the TRD version in 4X4 and I could not find the all black theme or any single change in the Interior. It's all the same as mine which is a month old now.
Both these models will be launched on Monday - 07th October according to showroom sources.
You mean to say they are launching the new Fortuner also in our market? Is there going to be an associated price hike too? Are you sure about this?
Old 5th October 2013, 04:23   #158
Senior - BHPian

2014 Toyota Innova Facelift - Now Launched!-toyotainnovafaceliftcomapredtooldermodel.jpg

The V Variant comparo pic from http://bharathautos.com/toyota-innov...-tomorrow.html
Old 5th October 2013, 09:23   #159
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Innova facelift version launched. Price starts from 9.77

Toyota has now officially launched the facelift version. Prices starts from 9.77 lac.
The details are updated in www.toyotabharat.com.

Here is the price list and official pictures;
2014 Toyota Innova Facelift - Now Launched!-inn.jpg

2014 Toyota Innova Facelift - Now Launched!-bro-1.jpg

2014 Toyota Innova Facelift - Now Launched!-bro-2.jpg

2014 Toyota Innova Facelift - Now Launched!-features.jpg

2014 Toyota Innova Facelift - Now Launched!-price-list.jpg

Last edited by sarathlal : 5th October 2013 at 09:39. Reason: Added brochure screen capture details
sarathlal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th October 2013, 11:14   #160
Senior - BHPian

The "classy dual tone leather seats" looks like an aftermarket fitment from Sion Koliwada.

I like the new wood finish though.
Old 5th October 2013, 11:48   #161
BHPian

New Innova Variant to be Launched

I was at Ravindu Toyota last week to collect my car after servicing and spotted a new variant of Innova this variant has a sticker X, on enquiry, the people at the showroom informed me that this was due for launch shortly. Had a quick deko of that was on offer, essentially , this variant seems to have premium interiors, Alloys, Automatic climate control, and a good music system looks like a 2 DIN, but could not confirm. The OTR price in Bangalore as told to me by the sales man was 19L, this therefore is a notch above the current VX variant.
Old 5th October 2013, 11:57   #162
Senior - BHPian

So the only difference between the VX and the Z is leather seat covers? I thought it gets a new entertainment system with roof-mounted DVD screen?
Old 5th October 2013, 12:49   #163
BHPian

Re: New Innova Variant to be Launched

What toyota needs is not another variant above the existing model but one in the lower end. An MUV close to 19L in Bangalore is asking too much. No matter how good the product is.
Old 5th October 2013, 14:28   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gops2009 View Post
Had a quick deko of that was on offer, essentially , this variant seems to have premium interiors, Alloys, Automatic climate control, and a good music system looks like a 2 DIN, but could not confirm. The OTR price in Bangalore as told to me by the sales man was 19L, this therefore is a notch above the current VX variant.
The VX has seats & door card inserts of velux- what was this 'premium' interior' can you describe it?
Of the remaining things mentioned, automatic climate control is factory fitted in VX model, whereas good music system (2DIN), alloys can be easily installed from the after market.

So, not sure what the premium of ~ 5L is really for.

Last edited by joybhowmik : 5th October 2013 at 14:35.
Old 5th October 2013, 14:34   #165
Senior - BHPian

AFAIK, Innova Face lift is going to come with a new Top end variant Called Z
And 19L on road is quite possible for the new Z version.

Last edited by akshay4587 : 5th October 2013 at 14:43.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks