Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2013, 23:19   #61
BHPian

re: 2014 Toyota Innova Facelift - Now Launched!

Autocar Scoop today confirmed what I have been saying since last month that Toyota Kirloskar Motor is launching the facelift by September end, before Diwali.

Saw this on Autocar show just now on Bloomberg UTV as told by Hormazd Sorabjee.

I have been asked to book sometime next week and delivery by September last.

Really excited.
Old 29th August 2013, 23:55   #62
BHPian

I am following news about innova face lift for a while. I came to know that it has already been launched in Indonesia and shall be launched in India soon.
Old 30th August 2013, 16:36   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota Innova facelift coming by Diwali.

The facelift sees styling changes on the exterior and some added features as well. Up front, it sports a large chrome grille with three horizontal slats, an all-new bumper with a revised design for the air dam, new fog lamps and chrome surrounds for the fog lamp enclosures. The rear receives minor changes in the form of a thick strip of chrome above the number plate, while an extra set of reflectors is incorporated on either side too.

The new facelifted Innova is expected to be priced at about Rs 12.5-18.5 lakh when it is launched around Diwali.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...-355269.aspx/3
Old 30th August 2013, 21:04   #64
BHPian

Top end innova roughly costs 19 lacs onroad in bangalore.... Boy, I always wonder what's so special about this vehicle that it commands such a price, for What it really offers.
Thanks to our auto market who isn't able to give an alternate option to tackle innova.
At this price, Toyota should give an AT OPTION WITH higher BHP.

Last edited by harishpr : 30th August 2013 at 21:07.
Old 31st August 2013, 17:08   #65
BHPian

Hi all,

First of why isn't the Toyota think-tank thinking enough? I personally feel this is a disaster if at it releases the exact same one in India(praying we get a better facelift). But no prior comments as I am not sure how it would appear on road.

From the pictures I guess Toyota isn't paying enough to the car designers

The thing is that my friend(colleague) has been on Innova hunt from past 2 years and the price has always put him back. As most of us believe that the prices are touch above what they should be for different variants of Innova.

If someone from toyota comes to me asks for a suggestion I would ask them to provide the car a much refined engine, ABS right from the basic model as in Maruti Ertiga Diesel(LDI/VDI/ZDI) and also with an improved build quality.
Probably some freebies and discounts. I think Innova will hit 6k to 7k sales figures easily.

There might of course be opinions contrary to mine. But what do you thinks guys?
Old 31st August 2013, 18:41   #66
Senior - BHPian

Looks very very Chinese!!
Ertiga is giving tough competition to Innova which literally had no competition resulting in such weird modifications.

This is the only Qualis/Kijang/Innova I ever liked. Unfortunately it never made it here.

Pic : google search
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Toyota Innova Facelift - Now Launched!-toyota_kijang_lgx.jpg  

Last edited by HammerHead : 31st August 2013 at 18:44.
Old 31st August 2013, 18:55   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
Top end innova roughly costs 19 lacs onroad in bangalore.... Boy, I always wonder what's so special about this vehicle that it commands such a price, for What it really offers.
Thanks to our auto market who isn't able to give an alternate option to tackle innova.
At this price, Toyota should give an AT OPTION WITH higher BHP.
No, Top End Innova doesn't cost 19 lacs on road but 17.5 lacs OTR Bangalore (with 40,000 INR discount).

Of that 17.5lacs 2,44,000/- INR is road tax.

Most Innova's sold are G model yellow board Innovas which cost much less, compared to personal (white board Innovas) because of lower excise duty and lower road tax.
Old 1st September 2013, 07:08   #68
BHPian

If this is really the face-lift coming, I personally dislike it. It reminds me of of Zen classic face-lift. This design never really got appreciated in market.
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Toyota Innova Facelift - Now Launched!-marutisuzukizen4564261376215819.jpg  

Thilak29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2013, 09:03   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
If this is really the face-lift coming, I personally dislike it. It reminds me of of Zen classic face-lift. This design never really got appreciated in market.
I agree. You know the fate of the Zen Classic, right? It became a classic ahead of time (whilst still in production)! I'm sure a similar fate awaits the Innova 2014 a.k.a."Classic" :-)

Last edited by cpbopanna : 1st September 2013 at 09:04.
Old 1st September 2013, 10:51   #70
BHPian

Looks as if the jaws of the current Innova dropped just like how Jim Carrey does in his movie mask. I don't know when car manufacturers do such design changes, if they ever talk to their R&D team or market research guys, before coming up with such ugly aberrations called facelift. Too bad Toyota, atleast you can make the safety features standard in all versions as a saving grace.

Last edited by shinuak : 1st September 2013 at 10:56.
Old 1st September 2013, 11:16   #71
BHPian

Somehow I am also not a fan of new Innova. The front end looks odd, like some mates said reminds Maruti Suzuki Zen Classic. I think TKML should redesign this Innova further to match Indian customer's taste.
MaxTorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2013, 18:23   #72
BHPian

Somehow, I feel Toyota's designers must have thought, "Hey! We have, for long, been ridiculed for designing boring cars. Why not try something radical?" And they ended screwing it up badly.

That ugly contraption on its face could surely terrorize fellow road users and also make that occasional stray cow/dog run for its life. Maybe that was the intention

All in all, its a facelift just for the sake of having one.
Old 2nd September 2013, 10:10   #73
BHPian

Was travelling to work this morning and just had had a brief look at the discussed new innova. I have not been following this thread but the pics mentioned in the thread and the innova i saw had the following similarities.
  • New Front Grill. (it stood out with all the chrome)
  • Different arrangement of the Rear Lamp and Chrome
  • Slightly Higher rear stance.
I just had a few seconds and was not able to click any pictures. Also it had temp Delhi number.
Old 17th September 2013, 09:47   #74
BHPian

Toyota Innova facelift launching in India in 15-20 days, new top-end ‘Z’ model and price hike planned

Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) is planning to launch the refreshed Innova within 15-20 days. Dealers have already been notified to clear existing inventory and to make way for the refreshed vehicles.

There would be a new top-end variant on the Innova called the ‘Z’. Priced at approximately INR 17.5 lakhs plus (on-road), the Z variant is expected to pack a comprehensive infotainment system apart from the usual bells and whistles offered on the VX variant.

source:indianautosblog
Old 17th September 2013, 11:03   #75
Senior - BHPian

How about the fortuner, Indonesian Fortuners received a Face lift I believe.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks