Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2013, 19:42   #196
BHPian

Indeed! This discussion of the Innova not having a Turbo is getting super entertaining and hilarious! I remember removing a turbo from an Innova in Goa to see if some tweaks could be done to the same.

Lets go a step ahead in the discussion: Can anyone name passenger vehicle sold as of today, in India, WITHOUT A TURBO?
Old 13th October 2013, 05:54   #197
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2014 Toyota Innova Facelift - Now Launched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
On this forum many of us are too eager to criticize Innova for all the things it is not. But very few give it credit for being the best in all the things it is. And that reflects in the sales figures. The XUV500 came and people predicted doom for the Innova. The Ertiga came and same thing happened. The Duster, ecosport, Terrano, Storme all have come and yet the Innova is still selling in good numbers. So I guess they must have got something good going for the car.
It indeed did get a blow because of the XUV, Duster and the Ecosport.

For a vehicle which used to sell more than 6000 units month after month, the sales had dropped to some 3000 units (thats a 50% reduction) and now settled at about 4500 units.

This is before the facelift. Lets see how the consumer reacts after the price hike.

Also, we should note the fact that the Innova sells in huge numbers in the taxi market. Infact it is the default (and only) choice for the taxi market for a 7-8 seater car, apart from the Xylo. That contributes to the success of the Innova since the XUV, Duster and Ecosport are not preferred by cab operators.
Old 13th October 2013, 07:19   #198
BHPian

I fail to understand what are they trying to present with this new uplift,if we may call it so. Earlier Gen was classic and elegant, it suited almost all purposes and occasions.Front portion of this car is reminiscent of good old Zen Classic grills.
I feel this car should be part of our Pics of weird and wacky mod jobs thread!
Old 13th October 2013, 10:02   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
I feel this car should be part of our Pics of weird and wacky mod jobs thread!
OT: Agreed. In my opinion, we need to call it 'Wild and Wacky mod jobs by manufacturers!

There are quite a few others that qualify, the perfect Maruti Zen which got messed up, the original Ambassador which looked regal, later on adorned with card-board like bumpers in the Avigo/Grand versions, the Zen 'Classic', the original Dolphin (4 wheeled version of the 3-wheeled Reliant Kitten) which 'evolved' into an ugly Montana (2D/4D)!

God, what were these manufacturers thinking?
Old 13th October 2013, 10:57   #200
BHPian

Quote:
My father is one of those who is hell bent on committing that suicide. He doesn't trust the XUV500 brand and hated the seats and high climb of the Fortuner and the price ofcourse. The only 7 seater he is left with and he doesn't regret at all is the Innova. I have been using all my energies to keep him from buying a new Innova.
Add my father & my friend's father to that list too!All 3 of them share the exact feeling for the Innova.My father though likes the looks& the power of the Fortuner but he maintains that his next car will be an Innova.Every other car test-driven by them is "very small inside" according to them.They feel the Innova's power is more than adequate
P.S. My friend & I both own Innovas,1 has done 1lac while the other has done 2 lac kms,with no problems whatsoever.
Old 13th October 2013, 12:17   #201
BHPian

Quote:
On this forum many of us are too eager to criticize Innova for all the things it is not. But very few give it credit for being the best in all the things it is. So I guess they must have got something good going for the car.
+1 for your line of thinking.

There is an argument that the taxi segment is the reason for the large number of sales. But given a choice, which car we will hire for a taxi ride in that segment?

And willing to pay more charges also.

People's perception about the ride quality reflects in the large no. of sales.
bbhavan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2013, 15:44   #202
Senior - BHPian

Mod Note : The 2013 Innova's Official Review is located at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the review thread. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbhavan View Post
+1 for your line of thinking.

There is an argument that the taxi segment is the reason for the large number of sales. But given a choice, which car we will hire for a taxi ride in that segment?

And willing to pay more charges also.

People's perception about the ride quality reflects in the large no. of sales.
I agree that even my preference as a cab in that segment would be the Innova. Because when I am in a cab, I do not care how powerful the car is, how fun it is to drive, what features does it offer for that price and even how safe it is...

All I care about in a cab is - can it seat my folks comfortably? The Innova with its vast space and cossetting ride can.

Secondly, people pay a premium for the "Toyota" badge too.

But when it comes to a private/personal car, these are not the only factors to be considered.

Last edited by GTO : 21st October 2013 at 15:50. Reason: Link to Official Review
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks