Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2015, 12:21   #586
BHPian

Re: The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
Just thinking out loud but assuming Zica and Sway will both be priced below Bolt and Tata will certainly want to maintain price difference between them, it won't be unrealistic to assume Zica starting at 3.5L while Sway starting at 4L, all ex-showroom.

If this comes true, Zica may even undercut Celerio in terms of price!! And here we are comparing it with Grand i10!!

On a different note, Tata has avoided one major major blunder from Zest / Bolt launch by launching hatchback before sedan. There is no way one can show value by launching a car later without boot and minor price reduction. On the other hand, minor price bump and addition of boot sounds sweet!!
If the Zica is going to start from 3.5L onwards, then I am going to sell my Nano and get a Zica. Tata is in a major trouble from pricing stand point of view. They can't price it too low as it will affect Nano - which is having a steady 2000+ numbers every month. They can't price it a bit higher than competition or Bolt also. Will be interesting to see how tata comes up with their pricing.

Last edited by sairamboko : 8th December 2015 at 12:36. Reason: corrected numbers
sairamboko is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 12:38   #587
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
If the Zica is going to start from 3.5L onwards, then I am going to sell my Nano and get a Zica. Tata is in a major trouble from pricing stand point of view. They can't price it too low as it will affect Nano - which is having a steady 2000+ numbers every year. They can't price it a bit higher than competition or Bolt also. Will be interesting to see how tata comes up with their pricing.
The 3.5L Zica will not be quite as loaded as the ones in the review. You will be able to get the top-end Nano XTA at almost a lakh less than that too, so not sure if that will be a wise decision.

Nano buyers are generally looking for a Nano, and I don't think most will want to change just because there is a bigger car available at a greater cost.
Old 8th December 2015, 13:00   #588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
If the Zica is going to start from 3.5L onwards, then I am going to sell my Nano and get a Zica. Tata is in a major trouble from pricing stand point of view..
Pricing will be the most important factor for Zica's success , it cannot be too close to the top end Nano or be close to the base bolt petrol . Bolt faced this problem when launched as it was priced too close to the zest which people have perceived as a better car for that extra money & also now that tata plans to launch 2 new models every year till 2020 they need to watch before they leap into any pricing or product related decision.
gixxerboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 13:17   #589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
My take on Tata's attention to detail:

But I've noticed that the way this attention has been paid is quite peculiar -

The attention to detail inside the engine bay was far superior to that inside the cabin.

What would possibly be acceptable to the cabin design team might be unacceptable to the mechanicals team.

I hope that this dichotomy does not occur in the Zica.
Well, this I guess they already addressed and fixed with the Zest and the Bolt.
vinit.merchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 13:45   #590
Distinguished - BHPian

A good article on ETAuto about the Zica. A small excerpt

Quote:
Tata Motors hopes the Zica to open a "new phase" for the company and take it back to the centre of the Indian car market.

The Zica -is the first all-new model from Tata Motors since the Nano.

The company unveiled the car to the media last week and is expected to start selling it from January.It is expected to be priced between Rs 3.59 lakh and Rs 5.59 lakh, and is aimed at first-time car buyers.

As for Tata Zica specifications, the car is built on an all-new platform and has been designed and developed after taking inputs from close to 1,000 prospective buyers. More than 200 engineers started work on the project 36 months ago and the car is developed under Tata Motors' Jaguar Land Rover-inspired new product introduction process
Source: ETAuto
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 14:37   #591
BHPian

I wonder why Tata is reluctant to lose the smiley grill. Modern cars need a growl on the face, not a smile. Look at the Kwid.

Anyway, I don't see the Zica selling in large numbers. There is no USP that would make people flock to it. When the original Indica was launched, it brought an affordable, stylish, diesel hatchback to the masses. There was nothing like it then. The future avatars, the Indica Vista and the Bolt/Zest did not sell because it did not offer anything different from other cars. If one has to buy a Tata there has to be something very different.
civic-sense is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 14:50   #592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Anyway, I don't see the Zica selling in large numbers. There is no USP that would make people flock to it. When the original Indica was launched, it brought an affordable, stylish, diesel hatchback to the masses. There was nothing like it then. The future avatars, the Indica Vista and the Bolt/Zest did not sell because it did not offer anything different from other cars. If one has to buy a Tata there has to be something very different.
You may want to check out couple of first drive videos of this car, if you haven't already.

For starters, with a assumed price range starting from 3.5L, there is no other car out there offering this good interiors and "appears" better put together (from the video I saw), when compared to the WagonR's, plus it also offers a diesel engine which is missing in that segment. Of course we have celerio but, that 2 pot engine is, well, lesser said the better. Add to that, they will also offer a CS version of this.

It ain't no tin box either, weighing a healthy 1012 kgs and being a good 200+ kgs heavier that the nearest competition.

IMO, if there was one car that had the potential to turn around TML, I would say this car (Zica plus its CS version) is the one.
vinit.merchant is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 14:55   #593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Anyway, I don't see the Zica selling in large numbers. There is no USP that would make people flock to it.
Not so sure. The Zest did come up with a USP but didn't sell well either. The problem is ingrained in our DNA, I think. Majority of the people couldn't care to spend enough time doing research or have the guts to take a bold decision, so they go with what everyone around them is doing. This is not just about Tata or Zest, but true about other brands and models too.
prakash_ajp is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 15:31   #594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivaspai View Post
Exactly what my thoughts were when i wrote . Now lets for a moment accept that Tata accepts failure each time after they bring out a string of flops.But at whose cost? the customer has over the years spent their hard earned money to buy these failures?Tata has experimented on the customers?If one model is a flop its acceptable.but all models by giving one reason or other is unacceptable at least for me and majority of consumers and the sales numbers till date reflects the same flow of thought.
Exactly where your thoughts are pointlessly wrong. It was only the first Indica which was a failure. The rest were upgrades, offering more than the previous model. Anyway, I am done trying to argue my point. Not my loss. Not yours either. Certainly not Tata's.
discoverwild is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 17:17   #595
BHPian

Well, saw couple of video reviews. Liked the product. Kudos to TML for offering so many features in an under 5L car. Interior is biggest plus point for Zica. Looks pretty clean and nice.
Initially thought of why doesn't Tata lose the smiling grill but that's Tata's unique humanity line which is listed as feature for Zest/Bolt. So I don't think Tata would drop humanity line in upcoming products.
Hope TML offers ABS+EBD and Dual Airbags as standard across all variants.

I haven't owned a Tata car before but would surely put on money after reading TBHP review and initial ownership reviews. As I feel this is better product than Celerio and Grand i10.
Automatic variant would be something I would be looking for in Zica.
carbhaari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 17:17   #596
BHPian

We know Zica is all new platform based on X0 platform,just to get some comparison between old Indica and Zica.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-comparison_zica_indica.png  

Last edited by Vid6639 : 12th December 2015 at 16:32. Reason: merging posts.
dbaapps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2015, 11:04   #597
BHPian

Eagerly waiting for team BHP review.I understand that it takes some time to write a quality & detailed review, still it's certainly testing my patience.Please hit it guys.
Old 15th December 2015, 11:35   #598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedguy View Post
Eagerly waiting for team BHP review.I understand that it takes some time to write a quality & detailed review, still it's certainly testing my patience.Please hit it guys.
I don't think the tbhp review is in the making as of now. As per my understanding when the launch is near then tbhp and other media people will be invited by Tata to do a proper review. So, expect it only in the later Jan 2016.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2015, 14:05   #599
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I don't think the tbhp review is in the making as of now. As per my understanding when the launch is near then tbhp and other media people will be invited by Tata to do a proper review...
The media drive was over a week or two & most of the reviews have hit the net - you could search for it. T-bhp review should still be some time away though.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2015, 06:53   #600
BHPian

I was at Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle Bangalore for the 1st service of my Nano. I asked my Sales Advisor about Zica and he said price for petrol would be within 5lakhs and diesel should be within 6.5lakhs. All indicative prices are OTR Bangalore.
sairamboko is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks