Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2015, 14:15   #496
BHPian

Re: The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keerthivasan View Post
True, but there is such a thing as a price point. If this one starts at 3.5 Ex showroom, it might certainly end up being a cab.

Can manufacturers prohibit such usage ? Not that there's anything wrong with it, but I've seen a lot of people not buy Indica, simply because its "the Taxi".
Typically taxi buyers go for the products with lowest total cost of ownership in a segment. Thus Indica and WagonR in hatches, Liva in premium hatches, Etios, Indigo and Dzire in Entry Sedan, Corolla in Premium Sedan and Innova in MUV are the preferred products. It is not the sticker price in isolation.

Car manufacturers withhold taxi documentation (L Form I think) that allows the Taxi buyer to seek an excise rebate which is a considerable sum. So no model can be used as a Yellow Plate vehicle without the manufacturer's consent. That is why you do not see Nano, Swift or City as Taxis.
Ferruccio is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 14:31   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferruccio View Post
Car manufacturers withhold taxi documentation (L Form I think) that allows the Taxi buyer to seek an excise rebate which is a considerable sum. So no model can be used as a Yellow Plate vehicle without the manufacturer's consent. That is why you do not see Nano, Swift or City as Taxis.
I am sure about seeing honda city's with yellow number plates in the eastern part of the country and as for nano's are concerned you might as well go through these pictures.

So provided the Tata zica is priced in the 3.5 lac ex showroom bracket diesel base model it is bound to do quite good in the taxi segment.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-bibrofsciaaapor.jpg  

The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-dscn0786.jpg  

gixxerboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 14:45   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaapps View Post
Does anybody know if Zica has dead pedal ? I am not sure about it. [/url]
Yes, all variants. I have a maniac dead pedal loving friend who first establishes whether a car has a dead pedal or not before anything.

The first thing he replied when I asked 'What do you think of the Zica?' was 'It has a dead pedal, that's a great beginning!'
Ferruccio is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 15:25   #499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Is it me or does anyone else also get the feeling that the kite is inspired or borrows heavily from the Ford Ka ? and therefore the ZICA
Lost cousins reunited!

The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-ford-figo.jpg

The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-tata-zica.jpg
smsrini is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 15:51   #500
Senior - BHPian

Zica looks very nice! pic source:TML
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-zica.jpg  

Latheesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 16:10   #501
BHPian

A quick spec comparison of Tata Zica Vs Hyundai i10 Vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio:

The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-capture.jpg
The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-aaa.jpg

Source : Respective official websites, Overdrive.

Last edited by MunnabhaiMBBS : 4th December 2015 at 16:17.
MunnabhaiMBBS is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 16:36   #502
Senior - BHPian

In my humble opinion, Zica looks like a good effort from Tata Motors. But, to be frank, good in just not enough for Tata Motors. They need something brilliant, something different which will shake up and redefine the segment. For example, take the Renault Kwid. That's how you redefine the segment and re-invent the brand.

My first suggestion to Tata Motors is to go for a radical change in design which will have no similarity with the Indica/Vista family. I feel, TML is somehow not able to get rid of the Indica/Vista hangover.

The Zica should be priced very well given history of TML and it might do decent numbers but I am not hopeful of this being the next blockbuster which TML desparately needs!
adimicra is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 18:19   #503
BHPian

[quote=MunnabhaiMBBS;3862638]A quick spec comparison of Tata Zica Vs Hyundai i10 Vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio:

Zica priced right along with the correct bells and whistles may give stiff competition to i10 grand as the top end diesel versions are priced too high. Celerio diesel i do not know as i hardly see any on the roads.
gixxerboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 18:48   #504
BHPian

Shouldn't it be compared with i10?
Given the price range.
It looks more on the lines of Grand i10, but basically is competing with i10.

Elite i20 is priced higher than Zest.
Grand i10 and Bolt are priced closer to each other.
Hence Zica will be in i10 territory.
If despite that, by any means it becomes comparable to Grand i10 then Wow! 1 segment higher features for 1 segment lower pricing!
Dr.Suraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 19:16   #505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
Shouldn't it be compared with i10?
Given the price range.
It looks more on the lines of Grand i10, but basically is competing with i10.
A quick comparo of i10 Vs i10 Grand Vs Zica

The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-capture.jpg

Source : Official websites

Last edited by MunnabhaiMBBS : 4th December 2015 at 19:18.
MunnabhaiMBBS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 19:34   #506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunnabhaiMBBS View Post
A quick spec comparison of Tata Zica Vs Hyundai i10 Vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio:
Hey, great job on the comparison, super helpful! Just one thing though, the Celerio has a 3 cylinder petrol engine. Also, how about if we throw in the Beat as well, it is after all in the same segment?
da_lowrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 19:35   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
They need something brilliant, something different which will shake up and redefine the segment.
The Zica should be priced very well given history of TML and it might do decent numbers but I am not hopeful of this being the next blockbuster which TML desparately needs!
I agree that they need a different design to their cars, that would differentiate with their ancestral fascia. But even if they do not have it now, I don't think that it's a big reason to worry. I might add that the Zica to me, looks like a little more departure from the Indica face. I'd expect that a wiser counsel prevails at the time of pricing the Zica.

My worry as a Tata customer is that they aren't giving justice to all their products equally. Now that they're busy promoting Zica, there's no attention being paid to the Bolt. And the Zest is being given some attention. I'd expect Tata to give all round backing to all their products. Heck, even the Movus. You have hatches, sedans and UVs with you, why not take some more efforts to sell them?

I would not mind if Zica settles to the 1700-2000 territory. The post Zest phase is a brand rebuilding phase for Tata. Where their private customers are going to be more than cabbies. It's going to take some time and conscious effort. Would love to see them at #3 by 2020.
Old 4th December 2015, 19:44   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
In my humble opinion, Zica looks like a good effort from Tata Motors. But, to be frank, good in just not enough for Tata Motors. They need something brilliant, something different which will shake up and redefine the segment. For example, take the Renault Kwid. That's how you redefine the segment and re-invent the brand.

My first suggestion to Tata Motors is to go for a radical change in design which will have no similarity with the Indica/Vista family. I feel, TML is somehow not able to get rid of the Indica/Vista hangover.
Exactly!
From the front, the looks are very similar to Zest / Bolt. Cannot deny that.
Side profile is looking close to Grand i10 or Figo.
For me, Zica looks like an off the mill product, using the existing design and architecture, with updates to features.
If pricing is not very competent - I mean priced less that competition, the product might end up like Bolt. Reason I state this is, whole lot of us, who praise Zica here in forums are not going to buy it.
Previous discussions indicate that the members are even expecting it at 3.5L OTR, which means the car should be priced ex-showroom around 3.1L, which is the ex-showroom price of Alto Lxi!! So much for Tata brand image.
Old 4th December 2015, 22:39   #509
Distinguished - BHPian

First-look video of the Tata Zica by NDTV Auto's Car & Bike show:

RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2015, 01:18   #510
BHPian

I don't understand this fascination of TATA with that smiling grill. They design an all new car inside out but still leave the darn face 'smiling'. Car looks great from side and rear though. Interiors also look n-i-c-e!

I wouldn't worry too much about some reviewers mentioning a failed door handle here and there as these are pre-production cars. I remember reading in our official Honda Jazz review that a reviewer had his shoe stuck with the glue that Honda had used to affix the 'dead pedal' to the floor!
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-imgtatazica.jpg  

heavenlybull is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks