Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2015, 11:35   #346
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)

For once the gap between the wheel arch and the tyres is nicely filled in a Tata car and the tyres don't appear to be to inside the body too.

I am expecting fireworks from Tata here !!
rrsteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 11:50   #347
BHPian

There will always be a big market for a second car having the following i.e.
a) Sub 5 Lakhs OTR
b) Safety features (ABS,Airbags, Good Build)
c) AMT
d) Good Driveability
e) Good Fuel efficiency

If this car can fulfill this, it would be a winner !!!
Old 30th November 2015, 12:12   #348
Senior - BHPian

I have a strong gut feeling that the base version of Zica will be priced under 3 lacs for the petrol version. To me this looks like the only way for Zica to succeed. I also feel Tata would launch this as the cheapest diesel car in India and would not be surprised if Tata claims Zica Diesel to be the most Fuel Efficient car in India beating 800cc Celerio!

BTW is the name Zica derived from Zaica . Google translate detected the name Zica to Romanina and gave "Say" as its English equivalent.
Found some explanation in motor octane:
http://motoroctane.com/news/14945-ta...and-sway-names

Tata Motors has registered another set of names this time as per our sources. The two names registered are Sway and Zica. The meaning of sway isn’t hidden from all of us and one of the meanings is “To control”. Zica on the other hand means hypen, which could even mean extension. So, could Sway stand for the Kite hatchback and Zica as the compact sedan (as the hyphenation of the hatchback?) It is still a bit early to come any conclusion for this. But yes it is confirmed that Tata Motors is looking at these two names for the Kite twins.

Last edited by PrideRed : 30th November 2015 at 12:21.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 12:25   #349
BHPian

Loved the looks of the car. After a very long time, Tata cars are looking different than a flavour of Indica. Bolt & Zest would have started a change of trend and I am glad to see the changes after their leadership team announcement changes to the product lineup in the coming months.

Waiting for the official review now so that we can see how good the car is.
Old 30th November 2015, 12:35   #350
Senior - BHPian

The design reminds me of the Mirage from Mitsubishi, very common over here. But a great job nonetheless. Hope its adequately kitted.
Old 30th November 2015, 13:59   #351
Senior - BHPian

I think it looks really good. Ya, it resembles Figo a lot but I will consider it a good thing. Knowing Tata it will be priced really well. AMT and a diesel engine with all useful features is a given success for any manufacturer. Hopefully, Tata can break the jinx this time.

Anyone knows how much is the boot space?
Old 30th November 2015, 14:05   #352
Senior - BHPian

The usual trend.

New Launch TATA cars are lauded for their looks, quality improvements and level of equipment. Team-bhp overflows with posts on the new car.

Yet, the car turns out to be a market dud.

I guess the problem is not in the product anymore, its somewhere else. TATA must do some introspection.
DCEite is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 14:15   #353

Vibe towards Zica is similar to that of TATA Bolt/Zest when it was unveiled, lets hope this product doesn't take the same path as the other two

I really want Tata to do good this time around.
What is the problem with Tata - Brand, service, attitude, marketing. etc.
Old 30th November 2015, 14:20   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saion666 View Post
The zica looks good, nothing extraordinary but good.

Whats Tata needs is something extraordinary (like elite i20) to bring back customers. Even the zest and Nano looks good in their segments but they don't sell.
Very true. Though the head lamp, tail lamp, etc have been changed, and there are the new features, such as Parking sensors, blinkers etc., what I see overall is the Indica shell.
While there is nothing specifically wrong with the Indica shell, (it actually maximizes the interior space for the given dimension) many untrained eyes will have difficulty telling it apart from an Indica, to an extent still.
Bolt suffered from the same problem. It looked overall like a Vista, and had a little bit different headlamps, and tail lamps, with a lot of features thrown in. Market gave a cold shoulder.
Zica, in pictures, for my eyes, looks like an Indica with a few changes. Hope the pricing is extremely mouth watering. Else customers have hundred other reasons to ignore a Tata car.
Old 30th November 2015, 14:31   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
The usual trend.

New Launch TATA cars are lauded for their looks, quality improvements and level of equipment. Team-bhp overflows with posts on the new car.

Yet, the car turns out to be a market dud.

I guess the problem is not in the product anymore, its somewhere else. TATA must do some introspection.
Actually, Tata Motors has a bouquet of problems. If it was a single problem, things would have been sorted out by now. Zest's launch and the subsequent response did prove that they are capable of making good products. Bolt's failure is a clear reflection on 'overboard pricing'.

If Tata Motors could pull a leaf off Renault's Kwid launch and pricing, I am sure Zica will become one right step towards positioning the brand at an effective level.

In some measure, Zica's launch is a test case for Tata Motors. They have rectified issues related to design of their cars. Can they pull customers into buyers through inducements and aggressive prices? If they do, the next challenge will be the service network.

But, I believe that they are working hard on service network since Zest customers' do get a patient and preferential treatment from Tata's service dealers.
Old 30th November 2015, 14:32   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridpetrol View Post
Zica, in pictures, for my eyes, looks like an Indica with a few changes. Hope the pricing is extremely mouth watering. Else customers have hundred other reasons to ignore a Tata car.
Sorry Sir, don't agree with you on this one. ZICA could be anything but its definitely not an Indica. This way even I10 & Figo are nothing but Indicas. This car has its own personality & character. If the engine options are good & it has all the safety features ( Dual airbags+ ABS) then it has success written all over it. TATA or no TATA this will succeed ( atleast I believe so).
rahul412 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 14:43   #357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhawan15 View Post

But, I believe that they are working hard on service network since Zest customers' do get a patient and preferential treatment from Tata's service dealers.
Ha ha ha, Not in your wildest dreams. We have a Zest in the family, and we bought it from Concord Motors, get it serviced there. The service center does not open on time, the service advisor usually does a mediocre job, and does not even attempt to resolve issues. No priority to us at all. Gotten to the point that we've moved to another Tata dealer, and they're a lot better in their attentiveness and skills.

Fact is that Tata's have to really work hard on their ASS for passenger cars. Most of the SA's think that they're dealing with fleet operators and treat you as one.
Lalvaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 14:49   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
Ha ha ha, Not in your wildest dreams. We have a Zest in the family, and we bought it from Concord Motors, get it serviced there. The service center does not open on time, the service advisor usually does a mediocre job, and does not even attempt to resolve issues. No priority to us at all. Gotten to the point that we've moved to another Tata dealer, and they're a lot better in their attentiveness and skills.

Fact is that Tata's have to really work hard on their ASS for passenger cars. Most of the SA's think that they're dealing with fleet operators and treat you as one.
And, this is the precise reason that I said that Tata have bouquet of problems. Pricing is the first challenge and Service network will be the second challenge that Tata Motors needs to focus on.

Will they be able to do it? I am willing to give them a chance, provided pricing is right. And, this comes from the fact that I have an aged Indica that still does its job well.
Old 30th November 2015, 15:00   #359
BHPian

Whatever the problems are, summing up all those, I would say that problem with TATA is that it is not an aspirational brand. TATA buyers are sensible buyers. They weigh the options and compare the cost and benefits while buying a TATA vehicle. Most of them are satisfied customers, there are as much major issues with TATA vehicles as with a skoda or a hyundai (minor niggles are painful but bearable as long as your car does not leave you stranded somewhere).
But even the satisfied buyers, as soon as their purchasing power increases, move to other, more aspirational brand (in perception, not necessarily per se).
Rebranding (like NEXA, or even a separate premium brand) would do wonders to TATA sales I think
Nav-i-gator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 15:13   #360
BHPian

The car does look good. The taillights do look quite similar to my STI 😀 which may or may not be bad thing. I have been toying about buying a small hatch for my mother as current car(innova) is too big for city. I have never bought TATA but may be , just may be.
dr.abhijeet is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks