Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2015, 22:50   #481
BHPian

Re: The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)

Quote:
Originally Posted by numerouno View Post
Talking to someone who knows a little bit more, it looks like its a 800-900 cc engine. Basically a cylinder knocked off from the 1.2 litre engine from Zest. This too has a turbo bolted on. It is also to be positioned between the Nano and the Indica so hopefully we can expect some attractive pricing from Tata
Umm...don't think so. TM have officially released the engine specs. It is a 1.2l. 3cyl. N.A. dohc engine. Doubt it will have much in common with the Zest engine.
da_lowrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2015, 23:18   #482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Thanks, but I'm getting a "This video is private" message when trying to view the video. Was this changed (am I unlucky)?? :P
Sorry brother, you got unlucky.
Seems like it got removed.
johannskaria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 00:54   #483
BHPian

Now that the preview event's over, how come are not hearing anything about the performance. Especially there is no talk about the new Revotorq diesel. How come? Has Tata passed a gag order or something for a certain period?
Old 4th December 2015, 06:38   #484
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya79india View Post
Now that the preview event's over, how come are not hearing anything about the performance. Especially there is no talk about the new Revotorq diesel. How come? Has Tata passed a gag order or something for a certain period?
Yes,looks like there is a gag order till December 5th. I think it is because the media drive is happening in batches.

Expect the reviews to start flowing in from tomorrow. ( Dec 5th).
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 08:25   #485
BHPian

When I showed the ZICA images to folks in office, most of the (after knowing it was Tata product) said .....oh, the new indica?

Think the biggest give-away is the smiling front grille (or the Humanity face or something they called).

Was thinking if a quick mod/diy would give it a different styling. Pardon my lack of skills and tools (no access to PS so did a quick edit in MS paint), but thoughts if this was well executed?

The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-tatazicafrontleftquarter.jpg
sachinayak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 08:47   #486
BHPian

If there is a gag order, then it's highly unprofessional and unethical of that 1 guy to be constantly tweeting like this.
That too pics of the presentation!
I am sure those were not meant for the general public. It's not right to click pics of such a presentation.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 08:49   #487
BHPian

Autocar is carrying a gallery of the zica. At it's price point i think the car is looking like it is a segment above. An extensive ICE. Power windows for all 4 doors. Great seat fabric. And smart interiors.
As for as the engines go, I think the specs are better than the ones in that segment. Atleast the power and torque figures.
Exteriors, maybe there is a throwback to the indica's looks, more likely this is psycological. But no doubt that the looks are as pleasing as the kwid. Small cars just can't look any better.

Just like a lot of people i abhor the name Tata. But this car, the hexa and the zest and the bolt before them which are not successes, are helping in slowly but surely changing the perception i have about tata. Tata is truly going global quality with their looks and overall packaging. Wishing that the next car i buy next will be a tata, with confidence and happiness.
igp_79 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 09:03   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
When I showed the ZICA images to folks in office, most of the (after knowing it was Tata product) said .....oh, the new indica?

Think the biggest give-away is the smiling front grille (or the Humanity face or something they called).

Was thinking if a quick mod/diy would give it a different styling. Pardon my lack of skills and tools (no access to PS so did a quick edit in MS paint), but thoughts if this was well executed?

Attachment 1446691
Looks Toyota now with this mod! Like Yaris.

Last edited by puneeth2 : 4th December 2015 at 09:05.
Old 4th December 2015, 10:18   #489
BHPian

I was going through some reports of international auto expo's, which provide platform for top designers from different auto OEM's to gather up and define the design language their company follows.

One major point from their meet was the company's Logo need to be bold, imposing and stand out, which has been spotted as a change in recent past from Mercedes, Renault, Nissan, VW, Fiat, even Suzuki to put up a bigger sized logo on the front and sometimes at the rear of their products for better awareness and ease of identification of products from their stable.

I believe we should be proud of what Tata motors as one of the biggest car makers of our nation is doing despite being in losses for past many years. Their smiling grill is their signature design, and some keen eyed people might have spotted the Tata logo going 3D on Zica. It's brand defining.

Designs are a very subjective matter, some designs please everyone, some don't. But when it comes to company logo and Brand defining grill design i think Tata Motors design is not bad at all.

So lets keep our fingers crossed and hope this product delivers customers as well as company's expectations, rather than delivering verdicts which are not a car's strength or weakness.
Sudeep_Kimster is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 10:25   #490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
IMO Zica looks contemporary and fresh unlike Bolt and doing any mod just to change the front facia will be disastrous.

Talking about the car itself, this is just awesome. Car definitely looks a segment above and finding any resemblance with Indica will be huge injustice one is doing to the designers of this car and personally I don`t see anything which instigates me to judge it as new Indica.

Last edited by DragonHawk : 4th December 2015 at 10:26.
DragonHawk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 10:32   #491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
This is the Indica platform with almost everything changed. Name anything other than the floor-pan and it is changed.
Really? I still the same red tail lamps, front grill, 4 doors, a hatch, four pillars, a roof and what not! This surely has to be the same car.
prakash_ajp is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 11:13   #492
BHPian

I dont think it's bad if the Zica has some similarities to the Indica, rather thats a good thing. One look is all it takes to tell if its an Indica or not. The Indica was a car which did well in its time, design wise was ahead of the market too.
True TATA didnt keep up with the market or the demand of the customers and resultantly took a hit on their reputation.
IMO the TATA heritage can be seen in the resemblance to the Indica.
What matters is that TATA has now recognized what the customers need at this time and are manufacturing cars which show they have come a long way.
The Bolt and the Zest are testimony to that. It is also true that the sales of these two cars are not what was expected, but even a layman can tell that there is a huge difference between the product quality now and back then.
Old 4th December 2015, 11:21   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by numerouno View Post
Talking to someone who knows a little bit more, it looks like its a 800-900 cc engine. Basically a cylinder knocked off from the 1.2 litre engine from Zest. This too has a turbo bolted on. It is also to be positioned between the Nano and the Indica so hopefully we can expect some attractive pricing from Tata
It is not the 1.2 liter engine from Zest. It is all new engine. Engine from Zest has iron block and aluminum head. Zica has 3 cylinder all aluminum engine with 1.2-litre three-cylinder DOHC aluminum motor which is a part of Tata Motor’s Revotron family of engines. This motor develops 83.8bhpand 11.6kgm of torque. This is naturally aspirated engine. Zest is Turbo charged engine.
dbaapps is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 11:42   #494
BHPian

I have confirmed from compan's website and Carwale the Revotron mill on Zest is an evolved version of petrol engine from Indica Xeta. Both displacing 1193cc and breathing through 2 valves per cylinder.
Just Revotron(Zest) has turbo charger added to it and some low friction components in addition to Xeta engine.
But the Revotron under the hood of Zica is totally new. It displaces 1199cc with 3 cylinders and breathes through 4 Valves per cylinder.

I don't understand why people link every thing from Tata Motors to Indica?
I was shocked to see MSIL using Swift headlight units on 'Premium' Baleno, I don't know how many were equally shocked?

However the killer pricing the Zica may come with, it's not going to sell more than 5k units a month, unless our mindset changes to accept something new.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 11:48   #495
Senior - BHPian

Is it me or does anyone else also get the feeling that the kite is inspired or borrows heavily from the Ford Ka ? and therefore the ZICA
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks