Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2015, 23:16   #541
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)

Almost 2 months since I visited the forum, made time after I got curious about the Zica.

Tata Motors has a lot riding on this car & that shows in the effort. New engine, new interiors, redesigned exteriors, improved suspension et all! And this on an extensively modified platform. Practically speaking, the car is all new.

Not everyday do we see such a brilliant design language being adopted along with significant engineering effort by a home grown brand that makes a VFM offerings, do we?

Now eagerly waiting for the Team-BHP review to sort out doubts (mainly on drivability) due to different versions of confused 'journalists'.

All the best, Tata Motors. Little did I wonder you'll started working on this around the time of the 'Ideator' discussion on how the Next Tata cars should be. I'd pushed in GTO's suggestion about a good MPV, and having seen the effort on this product, a voice in me says that says this along with the 'Hexa' is going to change Tata's fortunes.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 6th December 2015 at 23:26.
GrammarNazi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2015, 00:31   #542
Senior - BHPian

I would rather listen to this man, Adil Jal Darukhanawala.

A few excerpts from what he has said:

Quote:
The car breaks phenomenally new ground, as far as driving position is concerned.

No blind-spots. Even the A-pillar doesn't impinge on forward visibility.

The feel of the pedals, steering, gear shift has been so very well thought out, to give the driving experience to be a notch higher than many other small mini cars in the country.

Ride quality is of a phenomenal order, for a small car, in India.

Its not overly quick, not overly slow, it's just ideal for our traffic conditions.

Engineers have managed to iron out vibrations pretty well.

Diesel clatter only when starting from cold. But, once warmed up, the engine behaves in an ultra-refined manner.

Petrol engine an epitome of refined brilliance. Its super smooth. Virtually shatter-proof in the way it performs. You have to drive this car to really appreciate it.

Clutch is effortless. A delight for the daily commute. You would like to take the long way back home, when you have a car like this.
ashutoshb is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 7th December 2015, 09:20   #543
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
I would rather listen to this man, Adil Jal Darukhanawala.

A few excerpts from what he has said:
Well this particular program seems more like a paid advertorial than a review of the product. It is so adjective laden that one would be mistaken that he is describing something else.
srh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th December 2015, 09:51   #544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
Well this particular program seems more like a paid advertorial than a review of the product. It is so adjective laden that one would be mistaken that he is describing something else.
I kind of agree. It's hard to spot a reviewer who would be genuine enough to not worry whether Tata Motors as an advertiser would hold a grudge or not.

That's why a Team-BHP review would be the most honest opinion.
Old 7th December 2015, 09:53   #545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
I am familiar with Adil Jal Darukhanawala since his Car & Bike India days. The pattern that I noticed is that he a big soft spot for Tata and when he praises them, he gushes! I wouldn't place much importance on his reviews. This is not to say that TML doesn't deserve praise - it does and in spades!

IMO, the likes of Siddhart Patankar on NDTV Auto show appear to have a more balanced view.

I really hope that the Tata Zica does well. Good luck, Tata!
Motard_Blr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2015, 10:08   #546
BHPian

All the reviews from various media agencies point to one thing, that Tata have a winner in the Zica . All they now need to do is price it attractively and maintain quality levels from day one. At the same time the ownership experience at the service centers needs to be worked on and maybe each dealership could have a dedicated team for Zica issues.
Old 7th December 2015, 10:35   #547
BHPian

Its confirmed that the Zica too will get an AMT transmission but at a later stage, guess they are waiting for the supply constraints issue to get resolved.

http://indianautosblog.com/2015/12/t...nfirmed-205472
Visran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2015, 10:55   #548
BHPian

Nice job by TATA. Hopefully Indians appreciate their sincere effort this time. The zigwheels comparison between zica, i10 and celerio places the zica as winner.
http://www.zigwheels.com/reviews-adv...-review/23822/
Madhu_Bengaluru is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th December 2015, 11:07   #549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhu_Bengaluru View Post
Nice job by TATA. Hopefully Indians appreciate their sincere effort this time. The zigwheels comparison between zica, i10 and celerio places the zica as winner.
http://www.zigwheels.com/reviews-adv...-review/23822/
OT, A colleague made an interesting observation post reading this article. As per him, this article could be deemed as a case of conflict of interest after noticing the writer's name! How true is that?
Old 7th December 2015, 11:13   #550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunnabhaiMBBS View Post
OT, A colleague made an interesting observation post reading this article. As per him, this article could be deemed as a case of conflict of interest after noticing the writer's name! How true is that?
They are two different persons. I also got confused by this a few days ago.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2015, 12:11   #551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadiMaama View Post
The Zica has impressed me right from the first picture. It looks great, interiors seem well bolted together with decent features thrown in. But will it come with an AT/AMT? I see an opportunity waiting for TML.
AMT will apparently be introduced later, however there is no information about when this will happen. We will get to know more either in the TBHP review or when the car is actually launched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
Ride and handling, I have no doubts on a Tata. Tuned for comfort.
From the reviews so far most of them seem to say that she handles pretty well too, apart from having the typical Tata trait of great ride (though with a slightly stiffer edge than the Bolt). Again, not sure until we read a reliable review.

Some of these reviews are frustratingly stupid (Zigwheels, for example) and some provide incomplete info like some interior panels can be painted orange - why only orange, it should be what the customer wants or any available colour.
Old 7th December 2015, 12:43   #552
BHPian

Is this 1.05 liter, 3 cylinder Revotorq engine a downsized version of Tata's own homegrown 1.4 liter CR4 engine, or is it an altogether new design? Also, won't extracting 70ps of power and 140nm of torque affect the longevity of this 3 pot engine?
Old 7th December 2015, 12:59   #553
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
Is this 1.05 liter, 3 cylinder Revotorq engine a downsized version of Tata's own homegrown 1.4 liter CR4 engine, or is it an altogether new design? Also, won't extracting 70ps of power and 140nm of torque affect the longevity of this 3 pot engine?
While technically this is the same block with one less cylinder, the engine is all-new for all practical purposes, with all the important bits (header - # of valves and two camshafts, Variable intake timing) being new.

The block is CI, so I don't think there should be any longevity issues. Also considering how long and how much the engine has been tested on-road in real world conditions, I don't think there should be any concerns. When Tata has put in so much effort into quality parts/materials, I'm sure they have the engine component manufacturers covered as well. That said, extended warranty is always a good idea.
VeluM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2015, 13:26   #554
BHPian

Looks is one thing and sales figures is quite another. Tata cars are known to rattle within a few months of purchase and the after sales service is questionable. Resale value is nonexistant and the visibility of their cars is only due to taxi segment.

I for one will not put my money on Tata even though they may bring in the best looking cars ever.Quality, performance, reliability are the only factors leading to Customer satisfaction which in turn translate into resale value.

As of today whenever i see a car broken down and stopped on any highway with a mechanic diving inside the bonnet , it is 99% a tata poduct.
Can the Tata's deliver with this new product? I for one will wait and watch.If all decide to wait and watch who will buy?where will the sales come from?
Old 7th December 2015, 13:36   #555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
They are two different persons. I also got confused by this a few days ago.
Slightly OT, Am very well aware of the existence of two different individuals. One of them is already banned on Team BHP.

Request to mods : please delete this if found inappropriate.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks