Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2016, 13:57   #616
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)

This is the Zica's all new 1.2 litre 3-cylinder Revotron petrol motor in action - thanks to RushLane for sharing the video on YouTube:

Last edited by RSR : 2nd January 2016 at 14:01.
RSR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2016, 18:18   #617
Senior - BHPian

The Automotive India member Taurean Czar posted the below info in that forum -

Had been to the TATA Motors workshop in Towlichowki Hyderabad to give my 2011 Vista Aura QJT
which has done 1 lakh kms in 5 years.

The chief service technician who had been to the training camp for ZICA gave all the information he was
told. He also claimed to have test driven the car himself and is completely satisfied with it. He drove
a car which has done nearly 3 lakh kms and said almost all the test cars have clocked around the same
mileage.

Variants:
Total 5
XE, XB, XM, XT & XZ

Mileage:
ARAI Tested figures are as below
Diesel variant: 27 KMPL
Petrol variant: 21 KMPL

He claims the car's 3 clyinder engine noise inside the car (NVH) is very much low. The vibrations are very
less felt all thanks to the balancer shaft and the car pulls sufficiently well. He says he is well satisfied with
the car's performance .

If the above info is true then it's a Very good effort by TML and diesel will be sure shot hit.
harry10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2016, 18:32   #618
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Mileage:
The Baleno petrol with nearly 150 kgs less has similar ARAI numbers. The Kite throttle response wouldnt be that great to be able to these ARAI numbers. But Tata knows any FE car in India is a hit baring very few exceptions. So it may want to play the first card rightly. Overall the car has immense potential in the segment it is going to play. I would say undercut the Celerio in the beginning to get off to a sparkling start. The Celerio MT is one of the most un-VFM cars from maruti stable.
dipen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2016, 18:55   #619
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The Automotive India member Taurean Czar posted the below info in that forum -

...Variants:
Total 5
XE, XB, XM, XT & XZ

Mileage:

Till now, XT used to be the highest variant for the latest generations cars. XZ used to be a surprise then, which will be above the XT?

On another note, is TATA heading the precious way with way too many variants? 5 models in each petrol & diesel + auto variants too?? They should have kept it at 3 variants for petrol & diesel manual variants.
Old 2nd January 2016, 20:02   #620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Till now, XT used to be the highest variant for the latest generations cars. XZ used to be a surprise then, which will be above the XT?

On another note, is TATA heading the precious way with way too many variants? 5 models in each petrol & diesel + auto variants too?? They should have kept it at 3 variants for petrol & diesel manual variants.
I believe the trend is already on with Zest diesel having six variants. Imo it's a good thing. Buyers with various budgets have as many options as they want with the kind of equipment they want.
What amazes me is there is no marketing whatsoever by Tata. They need to get the ads rolling ASAP.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2016, 20:30   #621
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I believe the trend is already on with Zest diesel having six variants. Imo it's a good thing....
Zest has 8 variants, 2 of them being Automatic XMA & XTA. Zica's 10 variants are not including any Auto variants going by the nomenclature. For a B segment hatchback, it definitely is an overkill. What's the kind of equipment that'll span across the variants with too much price variation?

If there is an safety option variant, it would make sense (like what Mahindra did), but TATA doesn't seem to go that way.
Old 2nd January 2016, 20:44   #622
BHPian

A source close to me tells that Tata is going to price this very aggressively. The top end diesel variant price on road in Bangalore might be around 6 lakhs!!! Launch will probably happen before auto expo 2016
sairamboko is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2016, 12:39   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
A source close to me tells that Tata is going to price this very aggressively. The top end diesel variant price on road in Bangalore might be around 6 lakhs!!! Launch will probably happen before auto expo 2016
The poor Celerio with that 2cyl diesel sells at 7.x L on road Blr. Zica is many times a better car than the Celerio. I really want it to be a success. Thumbs Up TaMo.
Old 3rd January 2016, 14:10   #624
BHPian

The Zeat garnered the same kind of attention or even more than what Zica is garnering now, however in spite of a great product, Tata has been struggling to sell the Zest, i sincerely hope Zica is accepted and brings a serious competition to Maruti. Unless we have healthy competition we wouldn't get the best and modern car with all aspects of safety and features taken care of.
Chillout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2016, 14:45   #625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
The Zeat garnered the same kind of attention or even more than what Zica is garnering now, however in spite of a great product, Tata has been struggling to sell the Zest, i sincerely hope Zica is accepted and brings a serious competition to Maruti. Unless we have healthy competition we wouldn't get the best and modern car with all aspects of safety and features taken care of.
The Zest was quite obviously an updated Vista.

The Zica is all new and so has a better chance of succeeding. If the pricing is indeed 6l OTR in Bangalore for the top end diesel, this could be a massive success.
Old 3rd January 2016, 15:45   #626
BHPian

I find it rather strange that TML has gone pretty silent about the Zica after the media drives happened. Considering that the launch is planned for this month, shouldn't there be some buzz happening around already, along with some marketing campaigns? Tata was pretty active on social media and with marketing campaigns during the days leading up to the launch of the Zest and Bolt to garner interest in these cars! What happened now?
Old 3rd January 2016, 17:57   #627
BHPian

Me likes the foldable key, can't remember any other cars in the segment offering these (of course, I assume that Celerio is the chief competitor).

Overall package really looks good and if priced decently, then this can sure garner some attention.

I wish TML all success with this.

2016 is already looking good for us consumers, no?
vinjosep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2016, 18:45   #628
BHPian

Was Team BHP not invited for the preview event (not even on the bloggers' day)?
Old 3rd January 2016, 19:05   #629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
Me likes the foldable key, can't remember any other cars in the segment offering these
Forget this segment, Jazz petrol top end XV at 9.40L on road Blr comes with the most poor looking key.
On top of that, interiors of Zica look better than what Jazz offers.
itsashishsharma is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2016, 14:36   #630
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Zica launch on January 20, 2015

Source: ACI

Quote:
Tata is set to launch its newest small hatchback, the Zica, on January 20. The car, a rival to the Maruti Celerio, is essentially an all-new model from the company though the platform and certain components are shared with the Indica.

Under the bonnet, the Zica will be powered by an all-new 1.2-litre naturally aspirated three-cylinder Revotron motor developing 83.8bhp and 11.6kgm of torque. The diesel motor is a new 1.05-litre three- cylinder turbo-diesel that develops 69bhp and 14.2kgm of torque. Both motors will come paired to a five-speed manual gearbox. An AMT gearbox will also make its way onto the model at a later date.

In terms of features, the top-spec Zica will come equipped with dual front airbags, ABS, corner stability control, fog lamps, alloy wheels, a Harman-sourced audio system with USB, aux and Bluetooth connectivity and smartphone-based navigation (Android) paired to eight speakers.
Attached Images

//M is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks