Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2015, 13:55   #241
Senior - BHPian

re: The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)

The Kite looks really good - especially the pointed front end. Once launched, this will have an impact on the Bolt sales ( whatever little they will sell by then ).

Some similarities in parts with the Bolt/Zest that I have noticed from the pictures are

1) Indicator stalks - even shared with Storme
2) Steering wheel
3) Gear knob
Old 6th November 2015, 10:54   #242
BHPian

Excerpts from an article on ACI

Quote:
Underpinning the Kites’ chassis will be an all-new suspension system. The fully-independent rear suspension of the first-generation Indica, which caused a lot of wheel geometry issues, has been replaced by a more conventional non-independent, twist beam axle seen in most hatchbacks today. The Kites will feature a wider track than its predecessor and get the latest-generation Electric Power Steering (EPS) unit that has won praise in the Bolt and Zest.
Quote:
The Kite siblings will be powered by two new engines. One will be the 1.05-litre diesel. The motor, is essentially a three-cylinder version of the original 1,405cc, four-cylinder diesel which has been re-engineered with counterbalancing shafts, a stiffer block and reduced friction. The output is expected to be around 67bhp and 14kgm of torque with fuel efficiency upwards of 25kpl in the official test cycle.
Quote:
The second of the two motors is an all-new, in-house developed naturally-aspirated 1.2 petrol motor. The engine is a lightweight aluminium three-cylinder unit with four valves per cylinder, and is expected to produce around 84bhp and 11kgm of torque. It features tech like roller finger followers and hydraulic lash adjusters for noise reduction and lower maintenance.
The petrol motor is expected to share the ‘Revotron’ name with the more old-school 1.2 Revotron turbocharged engine which currently powers the larger Zest and Bolt. It is unclear how the current 1.2 Revotron, with its cast-iron block and two-valves per cylinder head, will sit alongside the naturally aspirated 1.2 litre three cylinder petrol in the model range but it likely that the current 1.2 turbo-petrol will get a bump up in power and torque to clearly distinguish it from the new 1.2 triple.
400notout is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 11:41   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400notout View Post
Excerpts from an article on ACI
Surprising choice of engine! I dont understand, they are re-using the ancient 475 block engine? 1.0L diesel with a 67bhp?! Is this turbocharged?
Old 6th November 2015, 12:26   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Surprising choice of engine! I dont understand, they are re-using the ancient 475 block engine? 1.0L diesel with a 67bhp?! Is this turbocharged?
I think its 1.4 CR4 engine which is the base and not the 475.
Prafful_Rathod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2015, 20:00   #245
BHPian

Hi All,

just got an insider's update on the Kite project. This car will be replacing the existing Indica. Its the same on the inside (space and legroom) as Indica, with better fit and finish (HorizonNext). It is expected to be launched in 2-3 months and production will be from Sanand.

The headlights and tail lamps can be seen in the New Tata Advert featuring Lionel Messi.
Old 10th November 2015, 15:26   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archangelvishal View Post
Hi All,

just got an insider's update on the Kite project. This car will be replacing the existing Indica. Its the same on the inside (space and legroom) as Indica, with better fit and finish (HorizonNext). It is expected to be launched in 2-3 months and production will be from Sanand.

The headlights and tail lamps can be seen in the New Tata Advert featuring Lionel Messi.
So I'm wondering what happens to bolt which is same size as indica
Old 10th November 2015, 16:15   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
So I'm wondering what happens to bolt which is same size as indica
I think he is talking about the 1st Generation Indica. Bolt is based on the Vista and not the 1st generation Indica.
Old 10th November 2015, 18:08   #248
BHPian

Sure looks to be that way. So we have a Bolt which helps distinguish a normal buyer versus the Kite which replaces the current yellow board Indicas.

OT: On a lighter note, somehow, I think the names interchanged would have been better. The taxis Bolt and the Kites fly
Old 10th November 2015, 19:52   #249
BHPian

Since the Kite is based on the Indica platform, it could possibly mean that the Indica production would be stopped.

I'm not sure that Tata would be launching an almost new car for the taxi market however lucrative that might be in terms of sales, I suppose Vista will take the place of Indica for the taxi market and Kites, Zest and Bolt will be focused on the private car buyers.
Old 10th November 2015, 22:07   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
I'm not sure that Tata would be launching an almost new car for the taxi market however lucrative that might be in terms of sales, I suppose Vista will take the place of Indica for the taxi market and Kites, Zest and Bolt will be focused on the private car buyers.
I agree with you on Vista partly replacing the Indica in the fleet market but I doubt Tata can afford to stop producing the Indica which along with Indigo does about 25-30% of their current volumes. The taxi segment is also full of choices now unlike earlier where Tata was pretty much the default option. Ritz coming in will ensure Tata continue the Indica to offer a cheaper option which is the Only USP. kind of tough times for Tata Atleast for another 2-3 years

Last edited by narayan : 10th November 2015 at 22:14.
Old 10th November 2015, 22:52   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
I agree with you on Vista partly replacing the Indica in the fleet market but I doubt Tata can afford to stop producing the Indica which along with Indigo does about 25-30% of their current volumes. The taxi segment is also full of choices now unlike earlier where Tata was pretty much the default option. Ritz coming in will ensure Tata continue the Indica to offer a cheaper option which is the Only USP. kind of tough times for Tata Atleast for another 2-3 years
Well, what can I say, they need a hit product on the market. Since Kite is expected to roll out of Sanand, would it make sense for replicate the production line of the Indica at Sanand as well ?

I am eagerly waiting for the Kite with the new petrol engine and all, hoping that it can become my third Tata car
Old 11th November 2015, 21:06   #252
BHPian

Tata Kite teaser. World premier on 3rd & 4th December 2015.
The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-tatakiteteaser.jpg

Quote:
Tata Motors will host the world premier of their upcoming Kite hatchback on December 3rd & 4th, 2015.

More details about the car will be shared by the 6th of December, 2015.
This new product could be launched at a very competitive price tag of Rs. 3.6 lakh (ex-showroom).

The petrol model of the Kite is expected to deliver around 20 kmpl while the new diesel engine will deliver over 25 kmpl of mileage. Powering the Kite twins would be a new 1.05L diesel motor which is a re-engineered, 3-cylinder derivative of the 1.4L DiCOR diesel engine. This engine will make use of counter balancing shafts, stiffer engine block, reduced friction & vibrations and would produce up to 70 BHP of power. The petrol motor would also be an all-new 1.2L 3-cylinder motor which could be badged as Revotron. This new engine uses an aluminium block & 4-valves per cylinder with power output expected to be in the range of 75 BHP.

The body shell is all-new and has been designed by Tata’s European Technical Centre (TMETC). We’re glad Tata took this step, away from the Indica design language which is now dated & hated.

Tata Motors is also working on a range of in-house range of accessories for the Kite hatchback & compact-sedan.

With the Zest & Bolt failing to wow customers, Tata Motors has high expectations from the Kite hatchback & the upcoming Kite compact-sedan.
Share !
Source: Shifting gears
damager21 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 00:26   #253
BHPian

Messi in Kite

More here
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-messi-kite.jpg  

Leymama is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 17:28   #254
BHPian

Spotted a camouflaged car!

Can anyone verify what car this is? I was suspecting it to be the Suzuki YBA but it looked small. Spotted it near Sankey Road. Mods please move to an appropriate thread if already spotted, thanks

The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-cymera_20151117_172637.jpg

The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-cymera_20151117_172609.jpg

The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-cymera_20151117_172539.jpg

The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-cymera_20151117_172505.jpg
createrkid is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 17:31   #255
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Spotted a camouflaged car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
Can anyone verify what car this is? I was suspecting it to be the Suzuki YBA but it looked small. Spotted it near Sankey Road. Mods please move to an appropriate thread if already spotted, thanks

That's the upcoming TATA Kite. Request mods to move it to appropriate thread!

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks