Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2015, 20:42   #106
Senior - BHPian

re: The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaveenKBorra View Post
I dont really see much of a difference from Bolt vs Vista face. Again this is my opinion.

Pillar painted as Pyramid does not make it a pyramid
See the BOLT and VISTA face side by side

Bumper - different
Fog lamps - different
Grill - different
Bonnet - different
Head lamps - different
Wing mirrors - different
bumper grill design - different

I DO NOT see a single common parts between these two designs, except the fact that both pyramid and pillar are painted in RED.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-vistabolt.jpg  

Last edited by Latheesh : 29th April 2015 at 20:47.
Latheesh is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 29th April 2015, 21:49   #107
BHPian

Add to that engine different, ride & handling different interior upholstery and feature set different. There's enough to differentiate the pillar and the pyramid.
Old 29th April 2015, 22:46   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
See the BOLT and VISTA face side by side

Bumper - different
Fog lamps - different
Grill - different
Bonnet - different
Head lamps - different
Wing mirrors - different
bumper grill design - different

I DO NOT see a single common parts between these two designs, except the fact that both pyramid and pillar are painted in RED.
Is the Windshield different?!

Last edited by 1100D : 29th April 2015 at 22:48.
Old 30th April 2015, 00:14   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Is the Windshield different?!

On a serious note

location of washer spray and windshield plastics are also different in two cars
Old 30th April 2015, 00:26   #110
BHPian

I don't know whether to laugh or to cry!

I sometimes sincerely pity the engineers at TML. They could turn the world upside down and people would still be - "d-uh we could have just stood on our head for that - why engineer it"

Sometimes reminds of the rants by Apple fanboys v/s Androids - but in the reverse context.

When foreign brands introduce platform sharing (they actually have the audacity to sell the SAME car in different clohing) - it's a phenomenon worldwide - when TML does it - "ha it's still an Indica" even though everything can be different from the ground up.

On another thread GrammarNazi has mentioned that the fact that the SAME steering (admittedly a good one) will be used in Zest, Bolt, Nano, Storme & Kite/Glade/Glide - which lead to better QC and minimal vendors.
Now that is INDEED a step in the right direction.

Slightly

But this 1 comment here really made my day: (The last comment especially)

Back to topic:

Any further news on the engine options?
1.0L Revotron?
&
Diesel?

Safe to assume atleast 1 variant will have AT ?
Top-end will have touchscreen?
Price-range: 3.7 to 6?
Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2015, 04:25   #111
BHPian

Spotted in Pune near hinjewadi. Looks pretty good.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-imag2822.jpg  

The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-imag2823.jpg  

The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-imag2824.jpg  

The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-imag2825.jpg  

The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-imag2826.jpg  

davids4x4mm550 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th April 2015, 10:21   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

On a serious note

location of washer spray and windshield plastics are also different in two cars

My question was actually on a serious note. There are Hard points in the structure of a car and there are soft points. If two cars share same "internal car" the peripherals attached to each car would have to be restricted to the Hard points. Each one of the components listed as all-new - Bumper, Bonnet,Headlights etc,if seen closely, share the same hard points. The changes are superficial. However, for the windshield, restricted by the extremeties of the A pillar, the roofline and the firewall top, would have to be carried over. Hence my question on the windshield.
Old 30th April 2015, 12:33   #113
BHPian

The Hyundai i10 uses the same underpinnings as the Santro. Same engine and suspension, but bodyshell is different. In the bolt, body shell is same, but every panel is different. The thing to consider here is that the Vista was a good modern platform to begin with. It only needed updated styling.

The Bolt looks so much better compared to the Vista. It's lines are sharper, spirit and modern. And it looks significantly different from every angle. It's not as if they're playing around with an outdated, body shape like the original indica or the Logan, is it?

Anyway, we are getting sidetracked. The fact is, the Kite seems to be really an all new car, in and out.

Tata's latest designs seem to be genuine efforts to distance themselves from the old roots. Bolt, Zest and the Hexa concept look vastly different from the old "Ratan tata design language" as I like to call it.

Considering that, to say at this point that the Kite would surely end up looking like the Indica demonstrates ignorance at best and spitefulness even, towards Tata as a manufacturer.

Is it my imagination that it seems to be the same comments by the same people in every new thread involving Tata cars? As soon as some news about any tata vehicle comes out, three seem to be purple waiting readily with pictures of old indicas being pushed, ready to lash out and dismiss everything.
vivekgk is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th April 2015, 12:35   #114
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Team-BHP sketches the Tata X0/Dolphin hatchback (codenamed KITE)

When I saw the car in Pune, I first thought it was the facelift ford figo. In no way was it similar to the indica/ vista. And I really can not see any make up on the car. It is just camouflaged and we being enthusiasts can easily get a rough idea as to how the car looks. As far as I can figure out it looks good. Totally different from the usual Tata's.

Asit
Old 30th April 2015, 14:13   #115
BHPian

Quote:
May be it's the sum, not the parts that is making the cars look similar. Thanks to your side-by-side pictures, I see that the overall shape and stance of the cars are unmistakeably similar. You can probably call it an elaborate facelift, but difficult to believe it as a whole new car.
Old 30th April 2015, 16:06   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

May have been posted earlier.
The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-2015tatakite1660x330.jpg

Pic Source - as per watermark.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2015, 16:13   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
Considering that, to say at this point that the Kite would surely end up looking like the Indica demonstrates ignorance at best and spitefulness even, towards Tata as a manufacturer.

Is it my imagination that it seems to be the same comments by the same people in every new thread involving Tata cars? As soon as some news about any tata vehicle comes out, three seem to be purple waiting readily with pictures of old indicas being pushed, ready to lash out and dismiss everything.
That sir is an astute observation !

A hat-tip to you for that tip!

Old 30th April 2015, 16:23   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
May have been posted earlier.
Attachment 1365947

Pic Source - as per watermark.

looks awesome. a bit of cross between Bolt & Brio. The front is very Bolt/Zest while the side profile is Brio.

Nevertheless looks great, lets see what it has to offer in features and at what price range

Regards
Dieseltuned
Old 30th April 2015, 17:41   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post

When foreign brands introduce platform sharing (they actually have the audacity to sell the SAME car in different clohing) - it's a phenomenon worldwide - when TML does it - "ha it's still an Indica" even though everything can be different from the ground up.
That is true. People seem to have no issues with things like the Ruster and the Dodgy even though they're based on pretty much the same platform as a Romanian Logan, and feature the same engine.

Either we have really high expectations of our home manufacturers and wish them to be best in class, or still nurse the colonial hangover to judge the white boys by a different set of rules.
Steeroid is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th April 2015, 19:32   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
looks awesome. a bit of cross between Bolt & Brio. The front is very Bolt/Zest while the side profile is Brio.
Bang on - on the front. But I feel back is really on the lines of original i20 - which was a good one. Definitely better than what we are used to seeing with either of the T badges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post

Either we have really high expectations of our home manufacturers and wish them to be best in class, or still nurse the colonial hangover to judge the white boys by a different set of rules.
Could not have put it any other words.

We want the home products to be BEST in class and engineering, yet be the CHEAPEST amongst them all - not willing to pay even a small premium because - hey home brands aren't premium - YET - at the same time they should not label it or market it as CHEAPEST !

It's like Catch 44 or is it 66?

The colonial hangover is in our DNA. I don't think even a 100 years later that's going to change. And it applies to every industry - every walk of life.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks