Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2016, 14:54   #631
BHPian

The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Tata Zica launch on January 20, 2015

Source: ACI

That's great news!! Looking forward to the launch! Hope they don't mess with the prices

Last edited by sairamboko : 5th January 2016 at 15:11.
Old 6th January 2016, 10:44   #632
Senior - BHPian

Tata might launch the Zica on January 20, 2016

Tata's much awaited hatchback - Zica, might be launched in India on January 20, 2016, according to our sources.

This car measures 3,746 mm in length, 1,647 mm in width and 1,535 mm in height. It has a wheelbase of 2,400 mm and a ground clearance of 170 mm. The car boasts of a boot space of 242L, which is bigger than the Bolt (210L).

It will be launched with 6 metallic body colour options - Pearlescent White, Platinum Silver, Espresso Brown, Sunburst Orange, Berry Red and Striker Blue.

The Zica is going to be available with features such as 14" alloy wheels, rear wiper + washer, steering-mounted audio controls, electronically adjustable ORVMs and a Harman-developed audio system with 8 speakers.

At the time of launch, the Zica will be available with 2 engine options - 1.2L, 3-cylinder petrol (84 BHP / 114 Nm) and 1.05L, 3-cylinder diesel (69 BHP / 140 Nm). Both engines will be mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. This will be the first car in the segment to be available with two driving modes - City and Eco.

The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-image-2-zica-side-shot.jpg
S2!!! is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th January 2016, 10:52   #633
BHPian

Re: The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)

Eagerly awaiting the launch. I kind of liked the Bolt(rather than Zest). It looked way better and with much more quality than the Indicas. I was keen to go for the Bolt last month but decided to hold till i see the Zica.
Now this seems even more better. The review is also a high-point. If the prices are as mentioned here, it will be sweet.
aneezan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2016, 11:38   #634
BHPian

On another note, looks like TATA is going to unveil Sway (compact sedan) in Auto Expo.

The report in Oncars indicates Tata Motors will unveil the compact sedan at the Auto Expo 2016, to be held at Greater Noida, in February. The compact sedan is expected to get the name Sway, which Tata Motors have registered along with Zica.

Source: http://www.ibtimes.co.in/tata-zica-c...po-2016-661284

Last edited by sairamboko : 6th January 2016 at 11:39. Reason: Corrrected spelling
Old 6th January 2016, 12:18   #635
BHPian

Hope it will survive and sell in decent numbers unlike the previous tata offerings viz. Zest and Bolt. Tata cars are big on space, loaded with features but somehow they are not able to strike right cord with consumers. Might be due to their poor sales/service or image of taxi brand is still lingering on in the mind of people.

Lets see how market responds to this latest offering from Tata.
xs2mayank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2016, 12:43   #636
BHPian

Somehow I feel there is not much aggressive marketting or the hype kind of settled down since the media drives. Not good on part of Tata!

Just look at how Mahindra is going all guns blazing with the not-so-stylish-but-i-want-to-be-an-suv KUV 1OO.

The first impressions of Zica were quite good, so Tata should have build it up on that.
teemus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2016, 12:52   #637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
Eagerly awaiting the launch. I kind of liked the Bolt(rather than Zest). It looked way better and with much more quality than the Indicas. I was keen to go for the Bolt last month but decided to hold till i see the Zica.
Now this seems even more better. The review is also a high-point. If the prices are as mentioned here, it will be sweet.
Good to know that we are on the same boat. I am still considering Bolt. Did you get any discounts on the bolt? I am yet to get reply from my dealer.
Old 6th January 2016, 13:04   #638
Senior - BHPian

I really hope that they put the AMT on the Diesel variant, and must make it available in Top trim. That would be icing on the cake.

The petrol, going by the reviews of Autocar, isn't good on performance at all, but diesel is much better.
DCEite is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2016, 14:07   #639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Good to know that we are on the same boat. I am still considering Bolt. Did you get any discounts on the bolt? I am yet to get reply from my dealer.
Yes.
Dealer gave a 50k discount flat. If you are looking to exchange an existing Tata car, an additional 50k.
Old 6th January 2016, 14:23   #640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
Yes.
Dealer gave a 50k discount flat. If you are looking to exchange an existing Tata car, an additional 50k.
It is OT here but can you tell me what is the exchange Bonus on non tata cars?
Old 6th January 2016, 20:57   #641
BHPian

For me the Zica is a promising product and it ticks all the right boxes. I am sure Tata will price it competitively but I hope Tata does some excellent marketing ads for the Zica and Tata Motors as a whole.
Old 8th January 2016, 04:31   #642
MHG
BHPian

I like how Tata's new cars finally started looking good.

The reality is that they always had decently good looking cars in their early days - the Estate (E-Class Estate clone), Sierra (extremely roomy windows and smart looks), Safari, Sumo (yes) and the Indica (double yes) all have timeless designs.

Tata did something stupid by making the newer versions of the Indica, Sumo and Safari look identical to the originals. Sumo got delegated almost permanently to the taxi segment (as did the original Indica) and the Safari never managed to hold a candle to the Scorpio.

Indica took the biggest beating. The excessive amounts of look-alike models - the Indigo, Indigo XL, Indigo CS, Vista and Manza ruined it.

Within the family the Manza looked best as an independent car but others all looked uglier than the original Indica (which still feels proportional to me).

With the Zest it looked like (pun intended) things were moving in the right direction although it had an awkward boot (could have kept the Manza's boot) and the Bolt ended up too similar looking to the Vista.

Unfortunately neither the Zest nor the Bolt set sales charts on fire - trust was one problem and other manufacturers quickly catching up was another problem.

From where they are now, the Tatas need to be 10x better than the competition to be really noticed (excuse the lame tech startups catchphrase).

I do hope the Zica is the car which brings the 10x improvement - this should include cost, interior space, quality, long term reliability, cheap parts, quality of service and mileage.
MHG is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 12:49   #643
BHPian

some marketing in bangalore, just got this text. The number goes to IVR since the wait was long i hung up. will call and find out more and update
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-wp_ss_20160108_0001.jpg  

KD007 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th January 2016, 12:04   #644
Team-BHP Support

According to a report by Autocar India, Tata Motors has pushed the launch date of the Zica to mid-February.

The Zica features Tata Motors' new 'Impact' design language. At the front, it has a smiling honeycomb mesh grille, sweptback headlamps and round fog lamps with chrome-lined enclosures.

The sides of the car feature blackened B-Pillars, body-coloured door handles ORVMs with integrated turn indicators and 14-inch alloy wheels.

The rear of the Zica features a tailgate with multiple creases and an integrated rear spoiler, and wraparound tail lamps.

The Zica measures 3,746 mm in length, 1,647 mm in width and 1,535 mm in height. It has a wheelbase of 2,400 mm and a ground clearance of 170 mm.

When it goes on sale, the Zica will be available with a choice of two engines:
  • 1,199cc, 3-cylinder petrol, 84 BHP / 114 Nm
  • 1,047cc, 3-cylinder diesel, 69 BHP / 140 Nm
Both engines will be mated to a 5-speed manual transmission.

The Zica will be positioned below the Bolt in Tata's model line-up. Bookings for the car are likely to open during the 2016 Auto Expo.
Aditya is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th January 2016, 14:54   #645
Senior - BHPian

I wonder what the reason might be for delaying it almost a month. Not a good move as Zica is already going out of people's mind with no new ads or marketing by Tata. With the Kuv100 launch in few days and Maruti and Hyundai set to bring more cars in February, Tata should have launched it in January itself and fueled people's interest. Strange strategy.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks