Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2014, 11:28   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rumour: Maruti Suzuki developing YRA B+ segment hatchback

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Source: https://www.zauba.com/

It seems there is a K12C engine developed in Japan. So, Maruti may not be using the K10 direct injection engine in YRA, but will be using the K12C in the YRA hatch.

Attachment 1299960

This is logical also - as the YRA will be positioned above Swift, Maruti may not want to use a smaller engine in YRA than that in Swift. History also supports this assumption - Maruti has always maintained a logical sequence of engine sizes for its cars based on their price.
AFAIK, the K12C is identical to the K12B currently found in the Swift/Ritz/Dzire with very slightly higher displacement. In India we have the "B" engines to fit in excise and other taxation slabs.

For ex. the K10B with 998cc displacement will attract lesser excise duty than even the old F engine with 1.1L displacement. Similarly, K12B displaces slightly less than 1200cc because the tax is higher when the displacement goes above 1200cc. Engines are identical apart from that.
Old 7th November 2014, 11:43   #32
Senior - BHPian

The front end looks horrible indeed. The current Swift looks much better than this. Not sure how the production version will improve on it because it needs a complete redesign!
Old 7th November 2014, 13:38   #33
Senior - BHPian

I got the following data while searching from net. Seems that the car is not very expensive, or MSIL has mentioned the price on lower end to avoid paying higher tax. The products are "Unpacked Motor Vehicle" indicating that the car was manufactured in India and sent to Japan for evaluation.
Attached Thumbnails
Rumour: Maruti Suzuki developing YRA B+ segment hatchback-suzuki-yra.png  

Last edited by aaggoswami : 7th November 2014 at 13:40.
aaggoswami is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2014, 20:04   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
I got the following data while searching from net. Seems that the car is not very expensive, or MSIL has mentioned the price on lower end to avoid paying higher tax. The products are "Unpacked Motor Vehicle" indicating that the car was manufactured in India and sent to Japan for evaluation.
This value is the equivalent of the cost price, without the duties and taxes in different levels. My guess is that it would cost at least 4-5 lakhs more by the time it can hit the road via excise duty, sales tax, road tax, manufacturer's profits, dealer margin, transportation costs etc. That would take it close to the price of i20, which sounds more or less where it should be.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2014, 08:07   #35
Team-BHP Support

Curious to see how Maruti handle's the "premium quotient" for the hatch. If they really have to match the elite I20, they have quite some aspects to cover.
Old 11th November 2014, 09:55   #36
i10
BHPian

I guess Maruti doesn't have to bother matching up to the i20. All these years they managed to convince buyers that the Swift is a premium hatchback - their definition probably is that expensive hatchbacks are 'premium'
i10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2014, 03:28   #37
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Given the resemblance of its front end to the Swift, could the YRA actually be the next generation Swift for international markets? Maruti Suzuki may choose to sell them side by side in India if that is the case, with the YRA being positioned higher, of course. The Swift may be repositioned a bit lower, and the Ritz may be retired.

Either that, or Suzuki is moving towards making their new cars share a similar front end (the "family" look), just like Volkswagen.
Old 16th November 2014, 13:12   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

The upcoming YRA hatch might be coming with an all-new 1242 cc VVT petrol engine, which churns out 94 PS of power while delivering 20.1 kmpl, reports Gaadi Waadi. A 1248cc DDiS option will be offered as well.

It will also be available in 4 variants (same as the Ciaz lineup), with the top variant expected to be fully loaded. The YRA hatch is also expected to continue with the "Swift" monicker (named something similar to the "Swift DZire").

Rumour: Maruti Suzuki developing YRA B+ segment hatchback-dscn2308.jpg

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki YRA could join Swift twins to became Swift triplets i.e Swift Hatch , Swift C-Sedan & Swift notch.
As per our source, 'YRA' headlamps are quite similar to Swift Twins & taillamps are giving little resemblance of Swift Dzire's taillamp. It 5th door is said to be as small as discontinued A-star's boot.
Top of the line Variant (Z+) will have Chrome plated door handles & Door window Garnish , Smart access with push start button , Integrated sporty spoiler , Vertical daytime running Led's , Sporty 16" 5 Spoke alloy wheels , Rear parking Camera , 5.5" Bluetooth & Navigation enabled touch screen music system.
Its variant to variant prices is about 50K-55K expensive then Swift hatch.
It will be the first car from Maruti Suzuki in India that offered with Daytime Running Led's.

SOURCE - Gaadi Waadi Blog
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th November 2014, 10:43   #39
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The upcoming YRA hatch might be coming with an all-new 1242 cc VVT petrol engine, which churns out 94 PS of power while delivering 20.1 kmpl, reports Gaadi Waadi. A 1248cc DDiS option will be offered as well.

It will also be available in 4 variants (same as the Ciaz lineup), with the top variant expected to be fully loaded. The YRA hatch is also expected to continue with the "Swift" monicker (named something similar to the "Swift DZire").
Maruti may stick with the Swift name because they may not want to give up Swift's "largest selling premium car" tag, as many Swift buyers will switch to this premium offering.

At the first scene, we may think that it may be impossible to price this new car at a premium of 50K over Swift as the extra tax (for being above 4m length (?) and using the 1242cc Petrol engine) itself will amount to that figure. But considering the huge premium Maruti Suzuki is charging for Swift (about 50K more than a "discounted" Ritz), they have a cushion of 50K for the extra tax and another 50K for the extra features. Hope the base VXi will start at 5.5L.
Old 17th November 2014, 10:56   #40
Team-BHP Support

The Maruti Suzuki YRA has been spied without any camouflage..

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Rumour: Maruti Suzuki developing YRA B+ segment hatchback-pic1.png

Rumour: Maruti Suzuki developing YRA B+ segment hatchback-pic2.png

Rumour: Maruti Suzuki developing YRA B+ segment hatchback-pic3.png

Rumour: Maruti Suzuki developing YRA B+ segment hatchback-pic5.png

Rumour: Maruti Suzuki developing YRA B+ segment hatchback-p6.png

Rumour: Maruti Suzuki developing YRA B+ segment hatchback-p7.png

Aditya is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 17th November 2014, 11:00   #41
Team-BHP Support

I'm not yet sure if I like the design or not, with the Suzuki front end and the VW rear end, but I'm liking the long and wide proportions with a proper bonnet up front. Glad they stayed away from cab forward designs.

However, the front end is too similar to the Swift. Many will mistake it to be a Swift upgrade / facelift for sure.
Old 17th November 2014, 11:05   #42
Senior - BHPian

Really wish they could have gone with the Ciaz front end than the Swift's. Front doesn't seem to gel with the design of the rear.

Also if it is greater than 4M, might as well get the 1.4L engine since the subsidy is not going to apply.
Old 17th November 2014, 12:45   #43
Senior - BHPian

Looks cool to me, but we need to wait for clear pictures, then only real thing will come to know. Looking at the picture of boot space, i have a feeling that it is more than 4 m length, but its just my guess. Not sure about it. Hope Maruti has something exciting in store for all of us. Looks like Maruti is going all guns blazing. Others need to watch out. With launches like new Swift, new Alto K10, New Dzire coming, Ciaz already making good numbers, SX4 cross coming soon, & now this one, Maruti is surely going for Kill here. Interesting time to watch out. Sure MUL is aiming to cross 50% market share.

More details about YRA
http://indianautosblog.com/2014/11/m...r-spied-157052

Last edited by aniketi : 17th November 2014 at 12:48.
Old 17th November 2014, 13:10   #44
BANNED

All the charm of the Swift's front end and class of the Polo's rear.... What a way to make a super good looking car! But I am somehow doubtful about how the blackened A-pillar will work out when the A-pillar joins the roof as a curve just like Ciaz, and not as a sharp bend like Swift.
Old 17th November 2014, 18:24   #45
BHPian

The rear looks more like Palio's, and the front is horrible. An European style front will suit the car better and will give it a premium look.
nim_peter is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks