Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2014, 11:30   #61
Team-BHP Support

Re: Rumour: Maruti Suzuki developing YRA B+ segment hatchback

At least the proportions look good to me. In other words, it would have good space inside. Hope Maruti, makes an effort to keep the interiors premium.
Old 21st November 2014, 11:54   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
YRA completely undisguised.

Thank goodness! That hideous chrome lip in the front and back seem to be reserved for the top variant. The white one has a chrome lip under the grille and the black one has a chrome plaster at the back. So not sure which one is a top variant. In any case, it seems removable.

The model is clearly a mishmash of several existing ones - swift front, tail lights from A class, rear of the polo,.. One good thing about the model is the length - right sized above the 4 meter dictum. Hell with duty cuts!!
Old 21st November 2014, 12:04   #63
BHPian

The exact same thoughts came to me. It's like the front was designed in Japan and rear in Europe. Clearly the rear is European with 'inspirations' from Polo, Palio and A-Class. Looks like maruti want's to retain the Indian customers with SWIFTish front looks and poach i20 customers with European style rear
Even the proportions doesn't look good to me, the front 3 quarter look gives me a modified Dzire look !

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
What a hideous looking car!! Looks like they stitched up and connected the front of the Swift to the back of the Polo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
At least the proportions look good to me..
Old 21st November 2014, 12:14   #64
BANNED

IMO, this is an attempt to attract customers who think that Swift is too quirky. They removed the sharp edges on the A-pillar, the wrap-around rear glass and arched tail lamps. Instead, they used curved A-pillar as other cars, simple rear glasses and very-simple tail lamp.

BTW, The rear lamps in these 2 test cars look different.

Also, the black one has chrome strip at the rear even if it is the base version?
Rumour: Maruti Suzuki developing YRA B+ segment hatchback-7.jpgRumour: Maruti Suzuki developing YRA B+ segment hatchback-pic2.png.jpg

Last edited by romeomidhun : 21st November 2014 at 12:19.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2014, 12:36   #65
Senior - BHPian

A bad design IMO. The front of the car just doesn't gel well with the rear. The front is a facelifted Swift and rear is a combination of Polo and Grand i10.

Can't Suzuki think of any other headlamps except Swift? Even the Splash / Ritz headlamp was based on Swift.
Old 21st November 2014, 13:13   #66
Senior - BHPian

As someone also mentioned, this car reminds me of the Palio from the rear.
The front does look hideous but MSIL can surely get away with anything. Eg. Alto K10 facelift.
It would be very interesting to see the state of tuning given to 1.3L engine but I think they will plonk the same engine from Ertiga and we will have another 'Enthusiast's car'.
Old 21st November 2014, 14:14   #67
BANNED

Looks to be a good alternative to the Swift. I mean, I am hoping the car drives like a swift, but with added flexibility of a functional boot. The rear on the black car has a striking similarity to Polo. The white/cream one looks VERY dull.
Old 21st November 2014, 14:47   #68
BHPian

Are those headlamps borrowed from the Swift/ Dzire parts bin? Knowing Maruti's penchant for part sharing, I won't be surprised. Honestly, I am not a big fan of this cars looks. It's boring and looks somewhat out-dated compared to the sharp looking i20 ellite. Again, looks like subjective but I feel that Suzuki is playing it too safe; first with the Ciaz and now with the YRA. Is this the same company that once gave us the Swift?
torque!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2014, 15:09   #69
BHPian

Neat spy shots, personally i do not think its a bad design nor is it hideous looking. overall proportions looks ok, definitely has the looks of a large hatchback and in my mind it has a uncanny resemblance to the chevrolet Optra hatchback we had some years back - what do you think?

But when you place it side by side to the Elite i20 , Polo and the upcoming Jazz, it does look the least pleasing to the eye - a very usual Maruti trait, i think the Design team too does not care much about looks, the interiors are bound to be spacious and practical and if Maruti "premiums" it - bound to strike the chords of many potential customers despite its not too great looks.

More than anything else it will score highest on the "Kitna deti hei" parameter, so expecting this to be another successful product from Maurti.
Attached Thumbnails
Rumour: Maruti Suzuki developing YRA B+ segment hatchback-chevrolet_optra_hatchback.jpg  

The Observer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2014, 15:10   #70
BHPian

The sides appear alright but, I found the rear to be absolutely smashing! The front is quite snooty, though. I was quite excited about this car but, the hideous front has disappointed me.

Not sure how MS see this vehicle breaking into the sales of the delicious looking i20s and jazzs' (when its launched in 2015)

Cheers,
-Shivang Gandotra
Old 21st November 2014, 16:24   #71
Team-BHP Support

Being a Suzuki, (irrespective of the looks) if priced well this could sweep the segment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Anyway, this is a perfect platform for Maruti to build the sedan rumoured to be sitting above DZire.
They already the Ciaz in that space right?
Old 21st November 2014, 17:00   #72
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
They already the Ciaz in that space right?
There were news running earlier that Maruti may introduce a sedan between DZire and Ciaz.

Now, DZire base version is priced at 5L, and Ciaz base version is priced at 7L ex-showroom. So, as per Maruti standards, there is a scope for a sedan starting at 6L!
Old 21st November 2014, 17:19   #73
Senior - BHPian

Will MUL get out of habit of adding another hatch to its looong list of hatches and do something about mini-SUV segment where Ecos and Dusters are selling faster than they can make? XA-Alpha was showcased way back in 2012 about the time Duster was launched. A year later Ecosport. 2015 is approaching and yet not a single word from MUL on their mini-SUV. I don't understand. XA-Alpha could be another Swift for MUL. That is , if it wakes up and launches.
Old 21st November 2014, 21:12   #74
Senior - BHPian

The YRA has got a neat looking derriere and a well proportioned side profile too. It's the Swift like front fascia that is the put off here. From a distance, it could look too similar to the Swift. Lovely interiors. Just need to know what's under the hood now.
Old 23rd November 2014, 00:14   #75
BHPian

This car reminds me of Chevrolet SRX. Though it looks like Swift and Polo mated as one but the design cue seems that from Chevrolet.
rajamuneeb is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks