Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2014, 14:53   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rumour: Maruti Suzuki developing YRA B+ segment hatchback

Is it just me who feels that the Suzuki has stuck the rear of A-star on to swift

Something doesnt add up. I guess they are just misleading people with so many parts shared from other Suzuki models.
Old 8th January 2015, 16:49   #92
BHPian

Any new updates on the YRA?I hope the rear legroom is good. I have a feeling that YRA will launch earlier than Honda Jazz
Old 14th January 2015, 19:25   #93
BHPian

As per reports, the European showcase of the YRA will take place in less than two months from now at the Geneva Motor Show. However, India launch will happen only in the second half of this year.

Surprisingly, YRA is rumoured to be about 90 kg lighter than Swift despite being longer.

This is what rendered image looks like:

Rumour: Maruti Suzuki developing YRA B+ segment hatchback-marutiyrarendering.jpg

Source: IAB
damager21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2015, 23:31   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Surprisingly, YRA is rumoured to be about 90 kg lighter than Swift despite being longer.

Source: IAB
Holy hell! Didn't think that Maruti's build quality could get any flimsier! At this rate, within a decade they will be selling cars made of paper mache.

One interesting thing from that article though is the rumored 1 liter turbo-petrol. Knowing Maruti, if it does materialize it will be perfectly tuned to Indian requirements (unlike the Ecoboost) and should be one sweet engine have under the hood of a hatch.
chncar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2015, 06:51   #95
BHPian

This car does seem a looker from the side profile, but for the strange front grill and the 1st gen Swift headlights. The car looks big. Just hope they bring the Ciaz tuned 1.3 diesel in this.
Old 15th January 2015, 07:12   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
Holy hell! Didn't think that Maruti's build quality could get any flimsier! At this rate, within a decade they will be selling cars made of paper mache.

One interesting thing from that article though is the rumored 1 liter turbo-petrol. Knowing Maruti, if it does materialize it will be perfectly tuned to Indian requirements (unlike the Ecoboost) and should be one sweet engine have under the hood of a hatch.
Maruti is using a different material (High Tensile Steel) recently. Ciaz uses it too. Build quality may not match europeans, but, lighter doesn't always mean flimsier.
Abhiram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2015, 08:25   #97
BANNED

Quote:
I see no issue here at all. A lighter car always doesn't mean it is flimsy or made of the worst material (read cheaper build quality).

Take for example the Ciaz, it is lighter than competition, which is manufactured using 'high tensile strength steel'. The YRA hatchback could have been manufactured using it hence lower weight rating.

Crash worthiness etc would be out too once the car is launched.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2015, 09:10   #98
Senior - BHPian

Looks very good IMHO. Has the side profile of a Ford Focus Hatch which I always loved. The front can be designed better especially the Swift head-lamps. Maybe they will change it to Ciaz's mid term.

Good move by Maruti.
Old 15th January 2015, 10:05   #99
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Looks very good IMHO. Has the side profile of a Ford Focus Hatch which I always loved. The front can be designed better especially the Swift head-lamps. Maybe they will change it to Ciaz's mid term.

Good move by Maruti.
Like everyone else - even I wonder what that Swift Gen1 design headlamp is doing in that otherwise sleek design. Forget mid-term, I wish they redesign the lamps with horizontal units like in the Ciaz before launch itself! The swift lamps look so disconnect from the grill and the overall body lines.

Rumour: Maruti Suzuki developing YRA B+ segment hatchback-marutiyrarendering.jpg

Here's a simple photoshop work with the Ciaz headlight. Looks a lot more pleasing to my eyes.

Rumour: Maruti Suzuki developing YRA B+ segment hatchback-marutiyrarendering_ciaz.jpg

Quote:
The ultra light Ciaz has a better build quality than the segment leader - Honda City, although it doesn't match with the Europeans. I expect it would match the Jazz, but be a whole level less than the Elite i20 in terms of build.

The light weight should help them extract even more out of that 1.3 90 hp tune. 28 kmpl and a 12 second 0-100? FIAT engineers will be running for cover if that happens!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 15th January 2015, 10:23   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Here's a simple photoshop work with the Ciaz headlight. Looks a lot more pleasing to my eyes.

Attachment 1328544
Wow! This one looks much better than the original Photoshop image
Attached Thumbnails
Rumour: Maruti Suzuki developing YRA B+ segment hatchback-marutiyrarendering_ciaz.jpg  

damager21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2015, 10:28   #101
BANNED

Quote:
Like everyone else - even I wonder what that Swift Gen1 design headlamp is doing in that otherwise sleek design. The swift lamps look so disconnect from the grill and the overall body lines.

The Swift headlamp doesn't look proportionate at all. It is like the 'Alto-ish' tail lamp on the Ertiga body! No sense of connection whatsoever. Neither completse the design nor does it please the eye!

Once word for the photoshop - Brilliant! Send it to Maruti, man!

Quote:
The light weight should help them extract even more out of that 1.3 90 hp tune. 28 kmpl and a 12 second 0-100? FIAT engineers will be running for cover if that happens!
Wicked Maruti Suzuki engineers at work!

Last edited by a4anurag : 15th January 2015 at 10:29.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2015, 10:51   #102
BHPian

Great work with the photoshop.Even I think that if they were trying to save money headlamps wise, they could very well do it with Ciaz headlamps. It integrates much nicer and cleaner way making the car look dashing. It's a such a simple idea.
But we have seen the test mules in the spy shots with the swift headlamps. What are the chances for a company to change the headlamps in this present stage, where they may e starting production soon? Is it feasible now, when If I am not wrong, they could e very well done with the safety tests?

I am excited about the space that this car would provide.
Sigh!, if only we had some confirmed news about Jazz, it's new would-be competitor.
raptor3624 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2015, 11:08   #103
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Looks real nice CD! I hope the good folks at MSIL are noticing this.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2015, 11:43   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Like everyone else - even I wonder what that Swift Gen1 design headlamp is doing in that otherwise sleek design. Forget mid-term, I wish they redesign the lamps with horizontal units like in the Ciaz before launch itself! The swift lamps look so disconnect from the grill and the overall body lines.

The ultra light Ciaz has a better build quality than the segment leader - Honda City, although it doesn't match with the Europeans. I expect it would match the Jazz, but be a whole level less than the Elite i20 in terms of build.

Nice work there. The grill will need some changes too. Maybe the A-Pillar can be of the body color as well. The black paint seems a little odd.

The lightweight definitely adds to Maruti's strengths. More KMPL. Hope they manage to retain a good balance between ride and handling.

Looking at the Elite i20 numbers, wonder how much this would do once launched. Will have to see if Swift is repositioned when YRA is launched.
SchumiFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2015, 11:48   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I see no issue here at all. A lighter car always doesn't mean it is flimsy or made of the worst material (read cheaper build quality).

Take for example the Ciaz, it is lighter than competition, which is manufactured using 'high tensile strength steel'. The YRA hatchback could have been manufactured using it hence lower weight rating.

Crash worthiness etc would be out too once the car is launched.
Do we know the crash worthiness of the Indian made Ciaz? Don't we already know what happened to the Swift?
extreme_torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks