Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2007, 11:07   #346
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogusingh View Post
Does anyone has info which is a better showroom/workshop for Tata vehicles in New Delhi.

regards
pogu
Which part of Delhi do you stay in? Suggest you look up the website & zero in - you have Nawab Motors in Noida, Dhingra Motors in Gurgaon, A-One Motors & Autolink Enterprises in Delhi to name a few.

Look up TATA Motors - Safari DICOR for more details. If you are in Gurgaon or thereabouts, PM me & I will send you the Mobile number of a very good sales guy from Dhingra Motors
Old 2nd March 2007, 12:26   #347
BHPian

Bad response from Dhingra Motors, Gurgaon

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Which part of Delhi do you stay in? Suggest you look up the website & zero in - you have Nawab Motors in Noida, Dhingra Motors in Gurgaon, A-One Motors & Autolink Enterprises in Delhi to name a few.

Look up TATA Motors - Safari DICOR for more details. If you are in Gurgaon or thereabouts, PM me & I will send you the Mobile number of a very good sales guy from Dhingra Motors
Suman,
Just wanted to share a bad experience that I had with Dhingra Motors this week. Over the last weekend, I was on Tata Motors' website and I had requested for a test drive in Gurgaon. Correspondingly, I got a call from Dhingra's on Monday and an appointment for Wednesday was fixed. I kept 2 'dedicated' hours for this BUT the car never showed up.

More so, I was not able to get across the number from which I had received the call on the earlier day.

I fail to understand that if a dealer can't provide pre-sales services like test drives etc. appropriately, can there be any hopes about A.S.S....

I feel sad!
Old 2nd March 2007, 12:32   #348
BHPian

Hi
I am putting up in South Delhi. I was planning to go to a showroom over the weekend and hence the query. I wanted to go to a showroom which has good range of vehicles and good sales guys.

regards
pogu
Old 2nd March 2007, 12:34   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicorex4x4 View Post
pogusingh, I was in a similar dilemma - to wait or to buy?

Decided to buy the existing DICOR since it has been in the market for some time and is tried and tested. Got it last month and enjoying it thoroughly.
Thanks for the response. Did you face any initial niggles. Also any feedback about the slow response in gear shift which is so much talked about

regards
pogu
Old 2nd March 2007, 13:17   #350
Senior - BHPian

Pogusingh, try A-one Motors on Mathura Road

HMishra83, if its a Safari TD you are looking for, let me know. They have different sales guys for different models, my contact is a Safari sales guy. Sorry to hear your experience but my post TD experience has been OK by & large. As far as A.S.S is concerned, please read my thread on the Long term ownership reports section - I had one hiccup after which I sent a stinker to Tatamotors - issue was taken up for resolution the next day. Now, when I call or go to the workshop, I get VIP treatment.....unfortunate but that's how it works!
Old 2nd March 2007, 14:22   #351
BHPian

Thanks Suman for the feedback. I shall visit the A-One motors over the weekend.
One more query, ABS and Air bag are only available in Vx, is it possible eg to buy an Lx and get ABS/Airbag separately?

regards
pogu
Old 2nd March 2007, 14:24   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All I am a big fan of tata safari and my eyes get stuck on whenever i see a dicor on the road. I own a 2001 M800 and feel like an elephant overtaking a rabbit when a dicor overtakes me.
Since this has become a semi-what car thread as well,maruti 800 to a safari is a very big progression.I advice caution on your part or the safari experience would be a harrowing one for no fault of the car.Safari is a big suv and is the king of highways but if you want it to replace the maruti for your everyday city runs it is going to be tough[not that it cannot be done].Also driving a diesel suv would be a completely different experience over the petrol engined cars,your driving habits would need some changes.So unless you are used to the suv's/muv's be warned you may not like the safari experience initially atleast.

This post was made assuming that you would be a newbie to suv's.,no offense meant in anyway.If you are comfortable with suv's then there is no vehicle which can match that experience in India like the safari.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 2nd March 2007 at 14:26.
Old 2nd March 2007, 14:54   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Pogusingh, try A-one Motors on Mathura Road

HMishra83, if its a Safari TD you are looking for, let me know. They have different sales guys for different models, my contact is a Safari sales guy. Sorry to hear your experience but my post TD experience has been OK by & large. As far as A.S.S is concerned, please read my thread on the Long term ownership reports section - I had one hiccup after which I sent a stinker to Tatamotors - issue was taken up for resolution the next day. Now, when I call or go to the workshop, I get VIP treatment.....unfortunate but that's how it works!
It is a Safari indeed, that I am looking for. An LX/EX Non 4X4.
Lemme know if you can help me with this.
Thanks in advance.
Old 2nd March 2007, 14:59   #354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Somehow have a gut feeling that the new 2.2 Dicor is going to be too pricey for me - enough of waiting, thinking of buying the existing Dicor this March. Anyone planning same from Kolkata? Any idea of how much discounts I could get or may be if I get someone from the city, team up for some big discounts. BTW I am somewhat decided on the LX 4WD version.
I know someone in the org I work for, at Kolkata who has bought a Dicor 4/5 months ago. I think he's got a LX 2WD.

Are you in and around sector V ? Drop me a pm.
Old 2nd March 2007, 15:13   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
This post was made assuming that you would be a newbie to suv's.,no offense meant in anyway.If you are comfortable with suv's then there is no vehicle which can match that experience in India like the safari.

Hi Rahul
Thanks for such a candid opinion. I really appreciate that. I am also pretty circumspect at that graduation from a minnow to a beast like safari but my mad love for the SUV doesnt allow me to resist the temptation to buy one.

Regarding the size of the vehicle, my theory was for that matter i will have issues even with something like an optra/baleno , hence it all depends on how good can I drive and do adjustment and i felt decently confident at that

I would be really thankful if you can elaborate a bit on the driving habits that I might need to address when migrating from 800 to the dicor

regards
pogu
Old 2nd March 2007, 16:00   #356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogusingh View Post
I would be really thankful if you can elaborate a bit on the driving habits that I might need to address when migrating from 800 to the dicor

regards
pogu
Pogu, we could write a book about it....maybe we should start a separate thread in the Team BHP Advice section
Old 2nd March 2007, 16:25   #357
BHPian

I've been interacting with a sales-guy in Manipal Motors, and he is telling me that he has only one Safari left in "River Rock Green" (one of the colors I liked). Also, he tells me that the aforementioned green and Arizona blue are being discontinued.

Is this a usual sales trick to make an ambivalent customer commit quickly? I haven't made up my mind yet. And, I don't think, I am buying so soon anyway...

Pogusingh, can you check about the color availability stuff when you go for a testdrive this weekend.

Cheers,
Su-47
Old 2nd March 2007, 17:08   #358
BHPian

Ill check out the colour availibility as well...
My gut feeling says its one of those dealer crap for sure. Lets see!
Old 2nd March 2007, 17:25   #359
BHPian

the new to be launched 2.2 safari dicor?

hi all!
thanks a bunch for helping me out on the safari vs. innova issue.
i thought about it a great deal,decided its just one life anyway.so i threw caution to the wind and mentally braced myself for the new 2.2 dicor
now here's a sitter...
a senior tata motors engineer (who was back from training on the indgo dicor in pune) tells me (on condition of anonymity) that tata is struggling with the new 2.2 safari dicor.
they havent been able to make it work well.they now contemplate a 2.4 instead.
also this he says is going to make gear shift ratios change drastically.he continued to tell me that the entire clutch assembly is way too heavy for it and needs a change every 5000kms (!)
he asked me not to think of the safari for at least "2 to 3 yrs".
now team help me out on this.
i'm kinda heartbroken.its such a handsome looking beast.
can anyone show me some light at the end of the tunnel?
thanks in advance!

dear moderators!
sorry didnt know about the smiley rule.going to re-read the rulebook.guess i aint called a newbie for nothing
Old 2nd March 2007, 20:50   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorkats View Post
hi all!

a senior tata motors engineer (who was back from training on the indgo dicor in pune) tells me (on condition of anonymity) that tata is struggling with the new 2.2 safari dicor.
t
Buddy dont give these kind of bad news.
With due respect, I have doubt on truth of this news, essentially because is the 2.2L for India going to be radically different from the one launched in Europe earlier this year? If no then these kind of issues should not be there OR then we are saying is that TATA has launched a really bad product for the european market
Can anyone please educate?

regards
pogu
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks